NYX Professional Makeup Hd foundation

Filtered by skin type : Very Oily
NYX Professional Makeup Hd foundation
Hd foundationHd foundationHd foundationHd foundationHd foundation

3.7

Deionized Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Diethylhexyl Maleate, Butylene Glycol, CETYL PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane/Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Dimethicone, Kaolin, Sodium Chloride, Orbignya Oleifera Seed Oil , Sorbitan Olivate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone crosspolymer, Cyclomethicone/Dimethiconol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Phenoxyethanol, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Propylene carbonate, Chlorphenesin, Fragrance, Hydrogenated Vegatable Oil, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Silica, Alumina, VP/VA Copolymer, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, C12-14 Pareth-7 , Amodimethicone, Adipic acid/ Neopentyl Glycol Crosspolymer , Salicornia Herbacea Extract, Copper Peptide-1, Acetyl Hexapeptide-8,and Palmitoyl Pentapeptide-4. MAY CONTAIN: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Mica (CI 77019), Zinc Oxide (CI 77947), Yellow Iron Oxides (CI 77492), Red Iron Oxides (CI 77491), or Black Iron Oxides (CI 77499).

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I have a very oily skin and yet, this foundation works amazingly well. Don't think that this control oil, this is not what this product is for. If you have oily skin or very oily skin you'll get shiny, difference is that you won't get more shinier than what expected with no makeup on your face.

This foundation is easy to apply, it blends very well and the color is the perfect match for me (Natural 03). I have acne scarring, undereye circles and fine lines around the eyes so this foundation being light-medium coverage doesn't cover any of those problems. I have to use concealer and proper blending to correct those issues but I rather use this foundation than a matte/full-coverage foundation and because being the perfect color match my pores aren't visible. After applying this I use a tissue to absorb the oil that this foundation has in its formula, then I use setting powder (Palladio rice loose powder in Translucent) and that make the trick. It lasts 3 hours without blotting and lasts about 6 hours on my cheeks where I have normal skin.

Revlon's Color Stay or Estee Lauder's Double Wear are supposed to work better on oily skins and they do if you like matte long lasting finish; on me those foundations look okay but not as natural as this one. My face looks healthier with a slight dewy look without looking oily.

I would repurchase for sure. The only warning is that this foundation sets on fine lines so be sure to blend and set with a translucent powder.

on 8/20/2012 11:38:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

We just got a NYX rack at the beauty supply store I work at and I have been told I'm glowing by so many people after using this! I've tried it in combination with the primers.

Pros:
Does't make skin any oilier,
Smooth application,
Sheer but buildable, covers discoloration,
Gives a glowing look with a bit of sheer powder on top

Cons:
More like a TM with a single application,
Not as long lasting as I'd like.

Edit: I have a 50% discount, so this would be worth it for me to buy. However, there are better foundations for cheaper at the drugstore, especially Revlon CS Whipped and CG 3-in-1 for those of us blessed with oily skin.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I have been using this for over two weeks now and really like this foundation. It gives a flawless finish when buffed in with a dense brush. (I usually use an Eco Tools blush brush) bought in sand beige which is perfect for me! It does not help with my oily skin but the coverage and finish are nice so I just powder over it. Lasts pretty well too, I work 12 hr shifts and still looks nice when I get off work. For the price you can't beat this foundation!