NYX Professional Makeup Hd foundation

NYX Professional Makeup Hd foundation
Hd foundationHd foundationHd foundationHd foundationHd foundation

3.5

Deionized Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Diethylhexyl Maleate, Butylene Glycol, CETYL PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane/Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Dimethicone, Kaolin, Sodium Chloride, Orbignya Oleifera Seed Oil , Sorbitan Olivate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone crosspolymer, Cyclomethicone/Dimethiconol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Phenoxyethanol, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Propylene carbonate, Chlorphenesin, Fragrance, Hydrogenated Vegatable Oil, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Silica, Alumina, VP/VA Copolymer, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, C12-14 Pareth-7 , Amodimethicone, Adipic acid/ Neopentyl Glycol Crosspolymer , Salicornia Herbacea Extract, Copper Peptide-1, Acetyl Hexapeptide-8,and Palmitoyl Pentapeptide-4. MAY CONTAIN: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Mica (CI 77019), Zinc Oxide (CI 77947), Yellow Iron Oxides (CI 77492), Red Iron Oxides (CI 77491), or Black Iron Oxides (CI 77499).

There is so much to say about this foundation. I wanted this foundation because i hate spf in my foundation, i find it useless just apply a cream or sunscreen with spf under cause the spf in makeup doesn't help that much. Moreover, I take a lot of pictures and i hate that ghostly white look. So i decided to buy this. I am an NC 30 and i get this in medium, but it was way too orange for me. and the shade below was pinkish and too light for me. So whatever i bought medium because i would take pictures in night and you can't see the orange-ness in the night.

The coverage of this foundation is amazing, it is medium to slightly full coverage. I even used this as concealer and it looks flawless. I do need concealer just to give a bit coverage. The finish is nice. I loved everything about this foundation, well except the color selection.

ANYWAYS. so why did i rate it so low ?
I DONT have sensitive skin and after the first application, in five minutes i had bumps all over my face. I was allergic to one of their ingredients and its so strange because i never had a problem with foundation before and this is my first foundation that gave me a huge allergic reaction. It's been two days since i tried it on and the bumps are still there.

SO moral of the story is, if you have sensitive or slightly sensitive skin, stay AWAY because if you do try it and get an allergic reaction, i'll be like i told you so. Moreover, even if you don't have sensitive skin like i do just be careful with this.

I guess this foundation was too good to be true. We weren't meant to be and i guess i can't use. I'm mad cause i actually liked this foundation :[

ALSO, if you live in queens new york city you can buy this foundation in jackson heights, a store called optima beauty store. they have the whole nyx line. Just felt like saying that because not everyone can buy nyx products on the internet.

I purchased the lightest shade "nude" for my fair complexion and combination skin. The colour is a great match, very neutral with slight yellowish undertones. For reference I wear MAC NC15 or NW15, Laura Mercier Rose Ivory, Revlon Buff, L'Oreal N1, MUFE 20-Ivory, and Nars Deauville.
This foundation provides me with light coverage that I can build up to medium, but if I attempt a more full coverage it looks cakey and thick. The finish is semi-matte and slightly glowy, but I think that is were the "light diffusing" properties that NYX claims comes into play. This foundation does photograph really well and makes my complexion look fabulous. Even better this works for me as day-to-day foundation as it wears very well for about 8 to 10 hours if I pair it with a primer. I notice around the 4 hour mark I need to blot and powder, but that is pretty normal for me and my oily t-zone.
Overall I really have been enjoying this foundation and love that it has a pump! I have had no concerns with sensitivities or clogged up pores using this foundation. The one downside to this foundation is it has a slight baby powder scent, reminds me of the NYX concealer in a jar smell. Fortunately I find the scent isn't as strong as the concealer in a jar and quickly dissipates.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

*update*
I still love how this foundation wears - it lasts a lot longer on me than the MUFE version. However, I am lowering my rating due to the horrendous shade selection.
I don't understand why NYX offers 8 shades, but so many of them are so similar. For example, look for swatch comparisons between #2 Soft Beige and #4 Sand Beige. They are almost identical! #3 Natural is about 2 shades darker than both of these.
Then if you look at #6 Natural Beige and #7 Warm Sand, you'll see that again, they are almost identical in depth, but Warm Sand has more yellow/olive undertones. #5 Medium is oddly orange (I can't imagine anyone actually being that color).
If you are about NC25 you're lucky - #4 Sand beige will be perfect for you, and if it's a bit dark, try #2 - they looked very similar when I swatched them (#2 might be nc20 - i'm not sure). However, if you're in the NC30-35 range, you won't find any matches - #6 and 7 are wonderful shades but they are more for the NC40-42 range. #3 Natural might work for NC35-37 (but it's a lot less yellow) but if you are a bit lighter, it will pull orange.
You will likely have to mix shades for this foundation to work for you. If you're okay with that, definitely try this because it's a great formula! (of course, some have said that they're allergic to an ingredient in it so do a patch test first)
-----
I have been shopping for HD foundations that wear well for almost a year now. I never wore foundation prior to a year ago, so I really had to learn a lot in very little time.
I first tried Revlon Colorstay. It seemed to have a slight white cast, plus the 2 shades closest to my skin tone in the normal/dry formula have pink undertones. Fail.
Then I tried Rimmel Lasting Finish. Wow, talk about minerals reflecting the light! The Colorstay white cast was nothing compared to this.
Then I found Almay TLC. Much better, but the 2 shades I picked out for me (240 neutral and 260 sand) were just a tad too light for my skin tone (and therefore, white cast). Interestingly enough, this foundation did not give me as bad of the ghost face as Rimmel, even tho Almay TLC has SPF. This one lasts and lasts and lasts, and is an awesome foundation, if only there was a right shade for me.
I tried MUFE HD a few times. I got matched to a different one each time I went to Sephora. This is because, out of all the 25 shades, there isn't 1 that matches me perfectly. I guess I have come to accept my in-between-ness when it comes to foundations.
I still wanted to like MUFE HD. I tried it a couple of times (in 127 and 123), but it just melted off my face in a matter of a few hours. I applied it at 8, and by 2, I looked like a big ball of grease.
I also bought NYX HD, first in 04 sand beige, which turned out a little too light for me. I then got 07 warm sand, and mixed the two. Perfect! I wore this to an all day event, applied the foundation at 7, and by 8pm I took a photo and my skin still looked flawless! I was a little shiny in my forehead, but I hadn't even touched up/blotted oil all day, so I found NYX HD to wear extremely well.
Now, it does have a slight flowery scent that I dislike. I don't know why they feel the need to add this scent, and it does smell very similar to the concealer in a jar, as another reviewer commented. However, I'm happy to report that this foundation has yet to break me out, and my skin is extremely sensitive. My forehead often gets little bumps from irritation from a new product.
Overall, I am so excited that I found this foundation. It is priced reasonably enough that I don't mind having to purchase multiple bottles and mixing them. I would like to try 03 natural next time, as I suspect that one may be closer to my skin tone (though it may be less yellow than my skin tone).

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I really like this foundation. It has decent medium coverage, but it can be built up for a more full coverage look. The formulation is light and so far I really like it for summer. The wear is alright, I think I wore it for 8-ish hours before it was gone. This foundation actually looks really good in photos with flash as opposed to other drug store foundations that claim to be HD or Photoready. I purchased the color HD02 Soft Beige. I'm an NC15-NW15, Colorstay buff, Laura Mercier Rose Ivory. The shade is definitely not the right shade. It is probably a full shade darker than my skin, and it is orangey. I was very upset when I first swatched the shade on my hand and then compared it to colorstay because the difference was bad. However, after applying to my face and blending into my neck a bit it looked fine. It made me look at bit peppier, my dull pale skin can make me look dead sometimes. Next time I will probably go with the lightest shade, because it would be a better match.

i really love this foundation! my shade is sand beige. (mac=NC25, revlon colorstay=sand beige)
so perfect color to me :) it's buildable/blendable.
i have a oily skin. combination of this foundation + mac blot powder keep my skin matt which is also wonderful.
and i love the fact that this product is in plastic container, not the glass heavy/breakable one.
i'll purchase this fondation again absolutely!!

on 9/3/2011 10:34:00 PM

My experience with this foundation would have been a lot better had I purchased the correct shade. I bought Sand Beige and it's just a little bit too light for me. Although I do like the application, packaging and staying power, I wish I had purchased the right colour.

I live in Canada, so hopefully NYX will start selling their line in more stores (so far I have only found it at Rexall, and even then I've only seen a few of their items for sale). I think with foundations, it's really important that you be able to test it out in person before you buy it.

on 10/2/2011 7:59:00 PM

i am very impressed by this foundation. i am generally not a fan of liquid and am very picky with which ones i will actually wear. this one glides o9n very easily and feels weightless. i have light to medium beige skin so i mix nude and warm sand to create the perfect color. the bottles are nice and light with a pump and the foundation doesnt settle or separate while sitting in my case for long periods of time. this has a natural matte finish and works very well for photography. this has a pleasant light scent to it and is cruelty free. i highly recommend this and am very happy nyx has improved the quality of their makeup with the new releases that have been coming out.

Absolutely love this foundation. LOVE the packaging and how it is a pump. Makes it very sanitary and easy to use. Very reasonable price at $12 CAD, and I love the finish. Just wish it had a tad bit more coverage! I would definitely repurchase.

on 11/19/2011 5:59:00 AM

This foundation was a lovely surprise! Usually I don't even consider buying other foundation rather than my usual MUFE Face&Body but I was out of money so I ordered this, after all Nyx has been doing a lot of thing right.
The first thing you notice is that the package has a pump (bless nyx) and that you can actually see the color of the product inside, furthermore once you use it a little you discover the package is transparent and you're able to see how much foundation you have left.
The coverage is really good! I think it wad the first foundation I've ever used that I didn't feel like I had to use setting powder, it just looks good unsettled (at least for me). Looks natural and polished! It does cover most of the darkness that I have left from a bad sunburn and it never broke me out. Also, I found that it works best for me without primer.
The application can be tricky in the sense that you do have to try some methods and find what works for you. Personally I think applying it with your fingers is best.
I took one lippie out because color wise its hard to get a match, its a lucky guess. Not so much because there are few color available, since you can mix and match, but because I couldnt find swatches. I ended up buying nr 1 and n4, I feel like I could get away using either one but mixing them is a perfect match.

on 12/8/2011 1:00:00 PM

I absolutely hate to love this foundation. The Pros: Provides an almost flawless finish and gives me the 'my skin but better' look, doesn't really enhance my dry areas (I have combination skin),doesn't settle into my smile lines, the packaging is awesome, it's plastic but it's a harder plastic and won't smush while traveling, has a pump that is great to control. My color is 02 Soft Beige and it's suprisingly a perfect match. Paired with the primer, I think it works wonderfully. The Cons is the fragarance but it dissipates almost immediately after applied. Also, I find that sometimes it can be tricky to apply so it's really trial and error to see what method works for you, my method of application is either my fingers or a foundation brush. Another huge Con that I am considering whether or not I will buy this again is how it feels. On my face it feels good, however, after a few hours, when I touch the side of my face (on a non-oily part of my face, my cheek, which is normal) I press the back of my hand on my cheek when I look at my hand it looks greasy, ala, it transfers. Also, when I answered my phone and after I ended the call, I saw a transfer pattern on my screen, yuck. I have never had to set my foundation due to my skin being on the drier side but with this, I feel like I have to otherwise it feels sticky. So I really do not know if I would purchase again. But on the other hand, there are so many Pros about this foundation and I really love how it looks in photos and in person, that I am undecided if I will purchase it again. Another slight Con is this foundation is not available in stores, only online, so color matching could be tricky but I got lucky in finding my perfect match. I am about a nc20-nc25, between those colors, and Soft Beige works wonderfully for me. Also, this foundation did not oxidize on my skin, which I was thankful for. I would def.recommend this foundation if you have no issues with setting your foundating with powder, but if you have really oily skin or super dry skin, it made still feel sticky and setting your foundation with a setting powder may make your face look cakey, that is why I normally never set my foundaiton. But would I tell others to buy it? The Pros outweigh the Cons so it's up to you to decide.