Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel

Filtered by age: 19-24
Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel
Hydro Boost Water GelHydro Boost Water GelNeutrogena Hydro Boost water gelNeutrogena Hydro Boost water gel Ingredients

3.3

Updated (3/22/2018): Water, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Phenoxyethaqnol, Polyacrylamide, Cetearyl Olivate, Sorbitan Olivate, Dimethiconol, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Chlorphenesin, Carbomer, Laureth-7, Sodium Hyaluronate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Fragrance, C12-14 Pareth -12, Sodium Hydroxide, Blue 1

on 12/29/2018 4:20:00 AM

After getting my face ruined by the Cerave PM moisturizer I needed a new moisturizer and this one had good reviews and was at a reasonable price. Hasn't broken me out but it doesnt hydrate/moisturize at all.

on 12/26/2018 3:22:00 PM

This isn’t moisturizing, it made my skin ever drier aaand broke the hell out of my skin, super irritating. It feels great when you apply it, but that’s definitely not worth it...

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

For my oily skin gals you need this moisturizer.

I have tried it all - high end to drugstore and this one takes the cake. My skin feels drenched in moisture when I use this. I have severe oily skin that is very acne prone. This has never once broke me out and soaks in immediately and gives me a cooling effect on my red puffy skin.

This is great I use prior to applying my makeup and at night after cleansing.

My skin has never felt better. The price tag of $20.00 CAD is hefty in my opinion, but I take a dab of this and use all over my face and neck and last quite a long time.

Of the 100’s of moisturizers I have used that have either left my skin feeling there is a mask sitting on top, feeling wet, simply not moisturized at all or caused a storm of breakouts - this is my HG.

I have went through so many jars of this and will never use anything else. I got my entire family on this and let me tell you my sister combo skin, and my mom extremely dry skin absolutely LOVES this!

This is my HG!

on 11/14/2018 4:11:00 PM

I haven't broken out or anything from this, but I really can't stand the burning sensation it gives my skin. My beloved Biore UV Aqua Rich Watery Essence has hyaluronic acid as well, but it has never given me a burning sensation. As far as the actual affects go I haven't noticed anything particularly extraordinary. My skin isn't any worse off than before, but it's also not very hydrated, which was the whole reason I gave this a try. I'm not a huge fan of added fragrances or dyes and this has both.
Thought I would give this a try since it was so well-loved elsewhere, but for the cost, burning sensation, and unnecessary additives it's not worth it.

on 9/19/2018 1:09:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I tried this moisturizer when getting my makeup done by my MUA friend. The texture of this moisturizer is typical to gel moisturizers and the viscosity is a little runny (I recommend sitting this product right-side-up if you buy it online, so all the product sits down and nothing spills). One thing that saddens me about this product is that it is around $20 USD; this is why I won't repurchase.

I have used up 3 tubs of this product. I find this product runs out after around 2 months with daily use. This product comes in a tub, I find nothing is wasted. This DOES have a scent and I like it a lot; it goes away upon application. If you have tried Neutrogena's Hydro Boost face mask, then it's the same exact scent. It takes a minute or two to dry. I have experimented a lot with this moisturizer. My face has combination skin; oily t-zone and dry on my cheeks. This moisturizer can be light-weight, and you can easily apply too much. A little goes a long way and ESPECIALLY for oily skin. If that's not enough, you can always layer on more.

This moisturizer is oil-free so it often under-performs for the dry areas of my skin. This is a huge con; I often have to add oil to the moisturizer for my face. For those with dryer skin, this may not be what you're looking for. (This combination of moisturizer-and-oil also works well with this product; the gel moisturizer binds to the oil well. I have not applied oil to the whole tub, but instead apply to the small amount I need; because my combination skin requires me to use the product as-is.)

I do have ONE sensitive area on my face. This product does make the area around my nostrils burn if I apply A LOT. This area is the most sensitive area of my face, it happens with most products. I put a little put on.

Do I recommend this product? Yes, for normal-to-oily-skin. No for dry skin. :)

This product didn't do much to moisturise my skin. I though I needed to apply more but then it broke me out ridiculously. It does feel nice and cooling on your face and spreads far but doesn't do it's job. Now I have loads of clogged pores all over my face that I need to deal with. The packaging is nice but not very hygienic.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Not sure what all the negative reviews are about here! For reference, the one I am reviewing is the one for "extra dry skin" that is fragrance free. I have combination acne-prone skin with some dry patches. I also hate the feeling of heavy or greasy moisturizers. When my skin was more oily, I loved the Clinique DDMG. This is my daily morning moisturizer and I love it so much. It doesn't break me out or clog my pores, it sinks in immediately, doesn't irritate my skin and is just all around awesome. I took off one lippy because it really isn't the most moisturizing, but it does the job. I would recommend this product to someone looking for a light moisturizer with combination or normal to oily skin.

I did not like this cream. It has too much fragance, and it doesn't feel hydrating or moisturizing at all.
Wouldn't purchase again. I won't even use it.

on 4/16/2018 7:56:00 AM

broke me out the next day. smells fresh. did not moisturize so I went and got the extra dry version. I didnt like that one either. now they r both my hand and neck cream.

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Broke me out badly, I hadn’t got pimples this bad in years. Felt more like a silicon based primer that gives your skin that synthetic silk texture than a healthy moisturizer that plumps your skin, which is what I was looking for. Never buying again going to use the rest of the product on my hands and arms.