Clarins Skin Illusion Natural Radiance Foundation

Clarins Skin Illusion Natural Radiance Foundation
Clarins Skin Illusion Foundation

3.8

ACTIVE INGREDIENT: TITANIUM DIOXIDE: 1,89 % INACTIVE INGREDIENTS: AQUA/WATER - CYCLOPENTASILOXANE - ISONONYL ISONONANOATE - BUTYLENE GLYCOL - ALCOHOL - HDI/TRIMETHYLOL HEXYLLACTONE CROSS-POLYMER - PEG/PPG-20/15 DIMETHICONE - NYLON-12 - MAGNESIUM SULFATE - POLYGLYCERYL-3 DIISOSTEARATE - SILICA - DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE - POLYGLYCERYL-3 POLY DIMETHYLSILOXYETHYL DIMETHICONE - PEG-10 DIMETHICONE - PARFUM/FRAGRANCE - GLYCERIN - ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE - STEARIC ACID - DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE - ETHYLHEXYL GLYCERIN - METHYLPROPANEDIOL - MICA - DISODIUM EDTA - HYDROXYETHYL UREA - SORBIC ACID - HYDRATED SILICA - ASPARAGOPSIS ARMATA EXTRACT - CAMELLIA SINENSIS LEAF EXTRACT - PHENOXYETHANOL - LAPSANA COMMUNIS FLOWER/LEAF/STEM EXTRACT - ALGIN - ACACIA SENEGAL GUM - OPAL POWDER - CARBOMER. - / MAY CONTAIN: [CI 77891/TITANIUM DIOXIDE - CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/IRON OXIDES].

on 10/10/2016 9:44:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

Today this is my HG. I say this with all manner of conditionality, as my 59 year old skin cannot decide what it wants from month to month. I was oily most of my life and I have enlarged pores. I do not have many wrinkles, but I do have some slackening. I also have discoloration from redness, a few broken capillaries, a few small scars, and a couple of dark spots.

Bobbi Brown made this fantastic foundation that I adored but for the lavender oil that stung my eyes. It was a whipped gel type formula in a jar, and the finish it gave me was glowy and luminous without being greasy or shimmery. I have been using the IT CC cream, which is nice stuff, but the finish is a bit more dense and more matte than I would have liked. It also has that strong grapefruit smell. I find that I need to blend in some luminizer to keep it from looking too flat. I liked the sheerness and glow imparted by Lancome Renergie, but it is way too greasy for me. EL had Country Mist which I really liked until they discontinued it in my shade. I share all this to give you some perspective as to my likes and dislikes.

Let me start with fragrance. This has one. It is a very fresh cucumber like scent. I would really wish it were not here, but it is. Cucumber can be downright nauseating for some, so beware. I do not find that the smell lingers, like the lavender in Bobbi Brown.

This formula is more sheer than the IT CC cream. It is on par with Renergie, and may be even a tad more sheer. It is completely non-greasy. No slickness at all. It blends easily without streakiness and unevenness. I find I can build the coverage where I need to.

The finish is closer to the Bobbi Brown than anything else I have used, with a glowy satin look. Not shimmery, not oily, but somewhat of a glass-like finish you might get from a gel.

The colors are not plentiful but all seem to be pretty neutral. Given the sheerness, they are also pretty forgiving.

This comes in a nice glass pump bottle. This is a really nice product. Clarins is quickly becoming my favorite makeup line. The line is small and edited, but the products are exquisite.

on 7/25/2016 3:02:00 AM

I bought this after reading some online reviews from various websites & would definitely purchase again. Prior to this foundation I used the Estee Lauder DoubleWear foundation after hearing about the hype I was left disappointed (with DoubleWear).

First purchased in December 2014- still using (July 2016)
Coverage: Medium
Left my skin feeling: Luminescent, lightweight, no break outs
Smell: Definitely has a fragrance to it- I found it pleasant
Colour: Honey
Stay power: 6 hours-ish dependent on weather/activity. On hot days would love it if it were longer lasting.
Bottle/Packaging: Comes in a glass bottle with pump. Unfortunately it doesn't pump catch last couple of milliliters from the bottle.

I have just purchased & am going to try Clarins Ever Matte to compare & see if it helps with stay power.

on 5/12/2016 7:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

I love this foundation! Foundations are definitely a hit or miss type product depending on your skin type, and for my normal-dry skin, this foundation is really great. I like a light coverage, so I don't use much, but it always looks so natural. It never looks like I'm wearing foundation when I have this on. Definitely my new go-to foundation. It gives my skin an airbrushed finish and lasts all day.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

it just disappears within a few hours, way to expensive for the quality

I have been on a wild hunt for a foundation that provided decent coverage while not making me look like Data from StarTrek, which Estee Lauder Double Wear was guilty of doing lol. Other not so great for me: MUFE, Urban Decay, Marc Jacobs, Nars Sheer Glow. All were too...flat. Granted I have normal-dry, aging skin with large pores.

I initially went to the Clarins counter for a sample of another foundation and the SA suggested I try this foundation, and I am happy she did.

This formulation is indeed silky and does have an almost serum like feel to it. I love the texture of my skin when wearing this. It is a natural like satiny type finish. Just lovely.

The coverage is good for me. Obviously not opaque like the ones listed above (especially EL), but my skin is in fairly decent shape after finally getting a regime that works for me.

Overall, I am quite thrilled with finding this foundation. It is definitely going to be a staple in my collection.

on 10/21/2015 6:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I was looking for a sample of the Everlasting foundation but was given a sample of this instead (don't know if they just didn't have the everlasting sample, or she didn't realize it). I was worried because I have severely oily skin and so I try staying away from foundations with words that indicate a glow. I was really surprised to find that a little bit of product went a long way - despite being pretty thin (but not watery) it covered really well. It also felt really nice. The only issue was just what I'd expected, that my oil seeped through in a matter of hours and it rubbed off around my nose. It wasn't anything I haven't dealt with on other foundations though. I think my favorite thing about this stuff has to be the smell - its sooo nice, but not too overpowering. It makes application feel... luxurious! Although I wouldn't purchased again because I think the Everlasting fnd would be better suited for my skin, I would recommend this!

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

This is the first time I've tried a Clarins foundation - I'm usually very loyal to NARS and Make Up For Ever - but I bought it after trying it in store on the reco of the beauty advisor...and I'm so glad I did. This foundation provides excellent coverage, not heavy or cakey at all, and it is 'buildable' if I have a blemish or anything that needs some extra attention. The fragrance is lovely and fresh, I don't find it strong. The foundation gives my skin a nice glow and a fresh dewy look. I'm so impressed by this foundation! I do agree the wear time isn't that great, but I didn't want a long wear foundation since they tend to be drying. I guess it's the trade-off, but I find that if I need to re-apply this foundation it still looks great (not like I'm piling on makeup!).

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

After using this liquid on many clients, I would highly recommend this to everyone who requires a natural to medium coverage that mainly want to even out their skins tone and add radiance. This is an ideal wedding day foundation in my opinion, the finish is beautiful, the wear is good and the smell is fresh.

on 4/11/2015 11:09:00 AM

I found it very hard to choose a new foundation but this one definitely does the job. In regards to "chemicals" and titanium dioxide being linked to cancer, it has been approved by all relevant federations. You need very high quantities for it to be cancerous, and in this case the titanium dioxide is what gives the foundation the SPF. It is safe!
The smell is a bit strong but I only notice it initially when I am applying it. I have sensitive skin which can go dry, spotty or oily depending what I am using. This foundation agrees with my skin completely, although I think it really is up to the individual to try out foundations to see what suits them because I think it varies widely.
Overall, this gives me such good coverage (I was looking for something light enough, this gives me medium coverage), yet is lightweight and leaves my skin glowing. Does not clog my pores, cause breakouts or irritate it in the slightest. I love it!

I wanted to try this foundation on because I was looking for a natural-semi matte finish with a shine-proof T zone and light coverage.So, I tried it on my face at the store and let it stay on my face for 6-7 hours. The application was great, it smelled like flowers and it moisturized my skin soooo beautifully BUT after 2-3 hours, my skin looked like a disco ball! It didn't controlled the oil what so ever and it made it even 10 times worse! If you have very dry-dry skin, you will adore this foundation but me, as an combo gal, I hated it.