Hard Candy Sheer Envy Skin Perfecting Primer

Hard Candy Sheer Envy Skin Perfecting Primer
Sheer Envy Skin Perfecting Primer

3.3

on 2/19/2017 8:06:00 PM

I really love all Hard Candy products in general. In Canada they can be found only at Walmart, and they always have quite a vast selection. This primer is never chunky, is incredible smooth, and as long as it's applied over a moisturizer, it creates a beautiful finish once your foundation goes on.

It seems to work especially well when the foundation applied is mixed with two drops of Smashbox Photo Finish Primer Oil. The oil and creaminess of the primer seem to bond well and create a very "locked in" effect.

on 1/27/2017 2:32:00 AM

I love this primer. it feels like silk when you are applying it and it just makes my make up glide on. For me it also doesn't cause me to have any break outs which is a super + .

on 12/20/2016 8:14:00 PM

I've had really dry skin recently because of the weather and this primer helps alot to make my foundation look smoother on my skin. It also smoothens out my fine lines under my eyes.

The only problem is the hole of the packaging is really big so it's easy to take too much product which can be quite wasteful.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

I ran out of my Avon magix ( i wear it mostly alone) Waiting for my new order, This was dollar in the gift section of Walmart. So i brought all three versions.

I like this one the best. It gives a nice matte look. Would i buy again in between? Yes I will. I buy primers just for the matte look so not sure how it would extend make up but it serves it purpose for me.

I got this in the Christmas gift box thing they do and I'm quite grateful because it made it worth buying.
I love the feeling of applying makeup to silky smooth skin. It definitely helps my foundation go on smoothly. I can't tell whether it helps my make up last but it's a great base anyway and you don't need to use much.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

PROS
Packaging is cute and sturdy
Light feeling on the skin
Does not irritate skin
Makes skin look flawless
Perfect base to apply a full coverage foundation to
Makes skin feel very soft
Fragrance free
Made face feel less oily while wearing makeup

CONS
Didn’t really increase longevity of the makeup

Would probably repurchase, definitely want to try the other primers in the line

on 12/1/2015 7:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is the best primer for the price. Makeup stays on so much better and foundation just glides on over it. A small amount works best for me, so it lasts a while. I will definitely buy this one again.

on 10/23/2015 4:11:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I am fairly impressed with this primer. I've tried other high end brands and they never did anything! I've always felt like primers were just a waste and useless. I saw several youtubers using this primer so I decided to try it. It wouldn't be any kind of loss since it is so cheap. It felt really dry the first time I used it and it slid around my skin when I put my foundation on. Plus at the end of the day my skin was rough and dry (I might have use to too much primer and powder). Then I used a trick I heard from a beauty guru to let it sit on your skin for a minute or 2 before applying anything else. That did the trick. My makeup goes on smooth and the pores on my cheeks and near my nose aren't as noticeable. They are still there, but not quite as accentuated as they used to be with makeup. I don't put this under my eyes. I feel like it makes them look dry and patchy when I do that. Otherwise, I use this all over my face and I think it helps my blush, under eye concealer and cream contour stay on longer. It's not perfect, but it has improved the look of my makeup and staying power.

on 10/6/2015 8:42:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I absolutely love this primer.. The trick to it (since it may feel unabsorbed on skin) is to wait a minute before starting your foundation or concealer application. It is absolutely amazing, and my makeup stays on (aside from needing a very slight powdering mid-day) from early 6am mornings to about 9pm at night.. Something which the same products never did before..

on 8/19/2015 8:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I'm not really a primer kind of gal, but the first primer I used was the Almay colour correcting one with the purple and green serum swirled inside. I got this because it said pore minimizing and how it said it would fill them in, as well as any lines you may have on your face. Very intriguing. So I picked this up at Walmart and I was excited to use it.

It feels more silicone-like and feels a bit greasy. But I patted this into my T-zone and let this do its magic. Then I applied my Maybelline dream wonder fluid touch liquid foundation with a RT sponge and just let it sit there.
I do have to say, it did feel like it sat on my skin but at the same time, it did fill in my pores and kept my foundation in place in my T-zone.
Overall, I think I'd buy it again. But for now, I'll use it up and try other primers because I do have to expand my "primer palette" and see what works best for me and my skin type.
So far so good, though! I love the Hard Candy brand and I am excited to try more products from the line :)