RIMMEL Glam'Eyes Day 2 Night

2.6

on 3/4/2016 1:50:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

I am usually curious about Rimmel's mascaras because I find them to be great at an extremely affordable price point.

This one was a bit more expensive than other Rimmel mascaras so I was quite disappointed that I didn't find it very useful.

The voluminous side, which has wider opening of the mascara tube is a huge mess. The brush is nice and full but holds so much mascara that it deposits a glob on the lashes. It is very messy.

The lengthening side is a narrower opening of the tube so the mascara is lightly deposited on the lashes.

There is no balance with this mascara. Its either too much mascara (voluminous side) and not enough drama with the (lengthening side)

I did try to use the voluminous side and then the lengthening side to comb off the extra mascara but it is a long and sometimes messy process. Its too much work and not worth the effort. Its just better not to purchase this mascara.

The tube is cute though.

on 1/4/2013 10:34:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

The concept of this mascara is interesting, but overall I just found it to be ok. I tend to look for volumizing mascaras more than lengthening ones, but I found that if I use the volume part of this it clumps so easily. It probably just dispenses too much product when you choose volume, so I just use the lengthening one and apply a few coats of it. The lashes look nice, but they do tend to smudge as the day goes on if I don't use a lash primer with it.

on 11/3/2012 1:37:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Got this on clearance. Did not like the brush or formula. Traditional bristle brush but in a spread out spiral shape. Just did not coat the lashes very well with the length side, and dried out super fast to where it got flaky. The volume side the brush picked up way too much product to where it was impossible to avoid clumps, which was a lot to comb through and still looked clumpy. Could not even finish it up.

on 1/25/2012 6:28:00 PM

I thought the concept was pretty cool. 2 caps: 1 for volume and 1 for length. Unfortunately the formula is extremely dry. The Length cap does nothing for my lashes. The Volume one is ok. Still... doesn't really build much volume. I will stick to my HG d/s L'oreal voluminous carbon black. I like the packaging of this mascara tho. Hot pink and black :)

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm a li'l surprised by the low ratings for this. I like both wands and love that I can have both options in one tube. I think both work well and it doesn't clump.

on 11/21/2011 1:10:00 AM

I really like this! I do not use it in the way they tell me to. I first use the volume brush and then before it dries I use the lenght brush to comb it through. It works really, really well for a dramatic glam look. I love the packaging and the product does not flake on me. Well done Rimmel for a really innovative product!

on 10/14/2011 1:13:00 PM

packaging is nice but that's about it and we do not buy mascaras for their packaging ladies, do we?. I am a natural blond, so although my lashes are fairly long, they are sparse and light, so I am always looking for a mascara that would give me a good volume. I could not really see much difference between the day and night 'look'. If you want a natural look, then by all means, give it a try. if you want volume, than avoid, it's a waste of money.

on 9/2/2011 10:08:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Like most two-in-one products, this one failed to deliver on either promise. If you take a look at the actual tube, the lengthening wand is just pulled through a tight hole after the thickening part. This means the thickening part is seriously goopy, and the lengthening part is sparse and flaky. It didn't do anything for my lashes. Next time I'll spend the extra money and get one mascara for lengthening, and another for volume!

on 8/27/2011 10:56:00 PM

A bit disappointed with this mascara given that Rimmel's mascaras are generally decent - I especially liked the formula of Sexy Curves and Extra Super Lash, both of which offer good length and flake-free lashes with gel-like formulas. Glameyes Day2Night offers ok length, but flakes a lot on me, and it also smears and disappears off my lashes by the end of the day. The formula has a dry clumpy texture and doesn't adhere well to the lashes - I had to make more of an effort to run the wand over my lashes multiple times to coat them. The double wand delivery system works fine - very similar to MAC's Haute & Naughty mascara and Bourjois' Volumizer mascara - I've tried Bourjois' version which was decent, but for everyday needs, only the smaller "Length" wand is usable unless you want to spend 10 minutes with a metal eyelash comb combing out clumps. I actually quite like the smaller "Length" wand because there is some flex in the wand, and the smaller bristles could get into the outer corners of my eyes. I bought the Rimmel Glameyes Day2Night mascara on sale for $5 CAD - I think it normally retails for $9 CAD. Not impressed and wouldn't repurchase (I tossed this out after only 3 weeks of use and trying to make it work). I'd only recommend this mascara if you're curious about double wand system - but the novelty factor wears off quickly, I assure you.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I fell for yet another ds meh mascara. I was curious about the new MAC one that resembles the concept of this but I'm not too fond of MAC mascaras so I decided to try the cheaper version by Rimmel. Boy, I'll tell you, it took me a good 5 minutes trying to boost up any volume or length and after layer the two formulas about 4-5 times, I got bland ol' natural looking lashes. The Good: It doesn't clump and it layers well with a nice wet formula. Also, the packaging so very cute. The Bad: Where's the difference? Is this black water in the tube?? Duh, what am I missing here??? The Ugly: After added another 5 minutes to my mu routine, I saw no mind blowing volume & length.