MILANI The Multitasker Face Powder

MILANI The Multitasker Face Powder
The Multitasker Face PowderThe Multitasker Face Powder

4.1

Not tested on animals

Talc, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Cyclopentasiloxane, Phenoxyethanol, Magnesium Stearate, Dimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Dehydroacetic Acid, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Parfum (Fragrance), Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde (Lyral), Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Coumarin, Hydroxycitronellal, Benzyl Salicylate, Citronellol, Eugenol.+/-May Contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

It's just alright, kinda meh.

Packaging: Quite bulky, not my favourite thing

As setting powder: Not my favourite, but not horrible. It gets cakey quite easily, so you have to use very little. Adds a little hint of extra coverage. But I don't think it controlled oils at all.

As foundation: It's alright, light coverage. But I'm more into medium coverage foundations so I tend not to use it this way.

Smell: I honestly don't smell anything? If you're not sensitive to smells, this isn't going to bother you at all.

Shade I used: Light Tan. I'm supposedly NC42, but this shade I feel was a litle bit too red. But honestly, everything is either too red or orange on me cuz I've got olive undertones, so it might be a perfect match for you.

Overall: I don't see the point in using this. I'd rather use a loose translucent powder I know controls my oils better, won't get cakey, and won't change my foundation's colour. Only time I'll use this is if my foundation is too light and I need to get it back to my skin shade. But if you want a sheer coloured powder, this isn't bad.

on 2/6/2018 9:38:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is quite good, it sets the makeup without drying the skin. I usually need to apply it twice a day to reduce some of the shine(I use a dewy foundation though). I don't think the sponge inside is useless. Actually I think it picks up the product better than a brush. I had issues with this in the beginning because I tried using a brush and it took several layers to set my makeup while it only takes 1-2 with the sponge.
I don't mind the smell. I only wish the packaging wasn't that bulky. The mirror inside is quite good too.

on 11/29/2017 8:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Works well, has decent coverage and isnt cakey.

on 11/29/2017 7:35:00 PM

Love this powder. I am NC 15 and have this in 02 Light//medium which is perfect for us pale gals with yellow undertones. i use this over Milani's creme to powder foundation in Buff which is great for NC 15 gals and the best foundation..best creme to powder foundation out there...See my review on that....Love Milani and am impressed so much with their products!

on 12/6/2016 3:31:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

This powder is great to ensure my foundation will stay on all day. I don't know how it will be if you use it as an extra layer of coverage after foundation but I just lightly sweep this on my face and it will last me a day, the exception being my nose as anything I put there will eventually fade in 5 hrs if I remember to blot. I use the colors light tan and tan depending on my skin bc I tan easily. For reference I am a nc40 in Mac and when my skin gets extra sun nc42.

on 10/11/2016 2:44:00 PM

Love this powder. I use as finishing powder with a fluffy brush. Haven't tried alone. Can see using with puff may work as powder foundation. Bought light tan. Controls shine. Will buy again. Packaging is a little bulky.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

used this powder for the first time today. it's a good finishing powder, best pressed powder I've gotten in the drugstore. the only detractor is the SMELL!! it smells like an old Mary Kay loose powder I used to steal from my Grammy when I was a little girl, not good! I have to set it with rose water setting spray like immediately after I apply it. the smell doesn't linger, just during application it's very old lady!

on 3/3/2016 10:49:00 PM

Pretty much perfection I would dare say.

on 1/27/2016 8:21:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I never had much luck with compact pressed powders because they either broke me out or didn't keep me matte for at least 2 hours. Seeing how this has a good rating on Makeup Alley, I decided to go out and buy this at Walgreens for about 8 USD in the shade Medium. Normally I would get the shade Light-medium, but it wasn't available at the store so I was hesitant about using this for my winter makeup regime. I was pleasantly surprised to find the color pay off wasn't intense enough to darken my complexion as this offers light coverage. I've used this with the powder puff it comes with and a separate powder brush of mine. I prefer the powder puff for a matte, soft focused look and it didn't make me look cakey at all! This powder kept me matte for about 6 hours until my nose and forehead became a little shiny. The packaging a bit bulky in my opinion, but the pressed powder design is pretty and the mirror in the compact is placed cleverly in a compartment under the powder (similar to the Milan blushes.) Overall I would buy this again!

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

I believe I used shade light tan. It was a little light for my skin but once mixed with my oils in my skin it blended in decently.
It worked pretty nice as a touch up powder but did not control or help with oil at all.
As far as a setting powder it was ok, skin looked pretty nice but not quite natural which is the look I prefer.
I also used as a powder foundation and again it was ok but not great. It does look nice but not quite the look I am going for.
It did not work great with my oily skin as it wore off too quickly and unevenly.
I think if you have normal skin this would be a nice multi-use powder.