76%
package quality

price range

Reviews

3 days ago

I’m a big fan of Burts Bees products and the tinted lip balm gives me just the right amount of color and moisturizer for my lips.

About reviewer (4 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinDry, Fair-Medium

HairGrey

4 months ago

I love these tinted balms! I don't use it all the time because I usually wear lipstick but on days I don't I wear these. I have it in Rose which is a super pretty colour, feels very smooth and moisturizing on the lips perfect for a simple natural look on days where you don't want to wear lipstick but still want colour. Are decently pigmented, not as pigmented as a normal lipstick or gloss but are more so then a lot of other tinted balms.

About reviewer (163 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlond, Other, Other

EyesBlue

2 years ago

Burt's Bees is the only brand of lip balm that works for me at all and this is no exception. This moisturizes without leaving a residue that clumps up later like most lip balms and lip colors. As it wears away it's just gone. I have very pale lips and the colors make my lips look naturally rosy. It doesn't look like I'm wearing make up or like I just ate a red popsicle. Definitely would buy and have bought this again.

About reviewer (4 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairOther, Straight, Fine

EyesBlue

1.0

2 years ago

Each and every time I used it I've ended up with a severe rash around my lips. But the end of the day my lips were looking like they were lined with a dark pink lip liner. They've got puffy and hurt. It takes me three to four days to recover from using this balm. Too bad I didn't understand the cause right away and were using it weekly for more than a month. Terrible!

About reviewer (638 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

2 years ago

I LOVE this. I hesitated for a long time before I took the plunge to buy this because the reviews here weren't too favorable - I wish I had tried this earlier!! For those that complain about the barely-there color: It's a tinted lip balm, so don't expect a huge color payoff as that's not the main purpose. Don't expect tinted lip balms to be long-lasting, especially when it's natural ones like Burt's Bees. After all, it's a mixture of waxes and oils. I avoided using lipsticks or lip stains for a long time. I have small lips with lots of fine lines and wrinkles in them - definitely not the most plump lips in the world. I feel like whenever I use a strong color or a matte lipstick, my lips look smaller (and feel drier) and too artificial for my liking. Lip glosses help, but look too gloopy for my taste. This tinted lip balm is exactly what I was looking for: moisturizing enough to remove the need for an extra lip balm underneath, a sheer color that livens up my face without being too obvious, unoffensive smell or taste, natural ingredients, and affordable. They make my lips look plumper and moisturized, without looking gloopy and unapproachable. I personally prefer this Burt's Bees tinted lip balm way more than Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment or Dior Lip Glow. (If you are a fan of Dior Lip Glow 'Pink', then please try Burt's Bees Tinted Lip Balm in 'Pink Blossom' - they are very similar!) I now have them in 4 shades: Zinnia, Sweet Violet, Pink Blossom, and Hibiscus. Zinnia is the most sheer out of the ones I have. It's a warm caramel color that doesn't really show on the lips, but brightens up my face (as my lips are quite cool-toned naturally). Hibiscus is a warm coral and has a stronger pigment than the other shades. Pink Blossom is a light pink, and Sweet Violet is a cool-toned deeper pink. I sometimes mix these two with Zinnia on my lips to warm them up a little more. I love them all and like to mix them together depending on the shade I want on a particular day, or to match a blusher I'm using. On a side note, keep in mind that for any sheer tinted lip balm, the results will vary depending on your natural lip shade. If your lips are naturally very pigmented, the less color will show on your lips. My lips are naturally quite pinky-mauve and pigmented, but these still show a bit of color on my lips to really enhance them and enliven my face, rather than cover them up with an artificial layer of color. It also depends on the look you want - if you want a strong color payoff and long-lasting shade, these are not for you (let alone, any tinted lip balm). For me, these are perfect and I will not be looking at other lip products for a long, long time!

About reviewer (97 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Neutral

HairBrown, Straight, Medium

3.0

2 years ago

Very moisturising. Colour didn’t bleed on teeth. Two lippies off as it wasn’t what I expected. I bought the colour hibiscus due to reviews (not on this site) saying it was a nice nude. Hibiscus was a reddish pinkish colour not the brownish skin colour nude I was after. For the price, I would have preferred better and classier packaging.

About reviewer (47 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium

2 years ago

It's very moisturising and colour isnt too pigmented and gives a nice slight colour to the lips, but wow, it smells pretty bad and tastes bad too, so I wouldn't purchase again.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinCombination, Olive

EyesBlack

2 years ago

I have the color zinnia and it does not show up on my lips what-so-ever. My lips are naturally pigmented a dark mauve-brown color. But its super moisturizing and keeps my parched lips nice and hydrated. Maybe i'll try a darker color next time.

About reviewer (39 reviews)

SkinDry, Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Wavy, Medium

2 years ago

Does everything that a tinted lip balm should. Keeps lips moisturized, has a glossy finish, non-fragranced, with a hint of color. The shade rose is bright red and quite pigmented for a tinted lip balm. Perfect for everyday or an effortless look. I plan on purchasing other shades.

About reviewer (7 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Neutral

HairRed, Curly, Fine

2 years ago

I was looking for a good tinted lipbalm with MLBB shade to replace the don't-know-which-lipstick-to-apply-every-morning routine. Also summer is super hot and my skin always crave for a simple, natural look, which means suncreen and lipbalm and a bit of brow and bam, done! So, i was about to invest in Perricone MD No Lipstick (magazines say this is the one used to create the natural just bitten lip of Gal Gadot in her Wonder Woman movie, srsly it looks really good on her, who wouldn't be obsessed with that :P or maybe it's just her looking good with anything lol ) before i found this range available in a local shop near my house. Super cheap. available in a wide range of color and promised to be 100% natural, so why not? I bought the one in Hibicus after looking for review on internet and found the swatch to be closest to the Perricone one. I warn you not to believe the lipbalm's caps as they r kinda misleading (Hibicus's cap looks super rosy compared to the true color inside) This have light smell and no flavor, and the smell barely stay 1' after you apply (i know some balms have terrible taste and super chemical smell). The color pay-off is pretty pretty (oops) and flattering on my Asian warm skin (it's a medium coral-y rose but not super coral like DIOR GLOW 004). It brightens up my complexion without taking much swipes. I guess Hibicus and Rose will be lovely on anyone. It feels super moisturising on my lips and helps keep dehydration at bay. One last thing is, like any other moisturising lipbalm, the texture of this range is slippery rather than waxy so it cannot survive any drink or snack for sure, but reapplying a lipbalm is the easiest thing you can ever do. And don't worry about looking like a ghost with no hue on your lips after eating, this lipbalm leaves slight tint for god's sake! PROs: - A good variety of color, there's one for everybody's skin - Tint your lips beautifully - Cheap - Pleasant smell, no flavor - Very moisturising - Easy to throw in purse CONs: - No spf - does not last straightly 8 hours (but 5 to 6 hours is possible) - Caps bluff I'll definitely buy them again and maybe try other colors as well. Their ingredients are definitely "greener" than Maybelline baby lips and their price are definitely 10 times lower that Dior and such. <3

About reviewer (8 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium