NYX Professional Makeup Soft Matte Lip Cream (All)

Filtered by age: 19-24
NYX Professional Makeup Soft Matte Lip Cream (All)

Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Dimethicone, Beeswax, Glyceryl Behenate / Eicosadioate, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethicone / Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Talc, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Silica, Aluminium Starch Octenylsuccinate, Isohexadecane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, Parfum. May Contain: CI77019 (Mica) / CI77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI15850 (D&C Red 6 Na. Salt), CI15850 (D&C Red 7 Ca Lake), CI15985:1 (FD&C Yellow 6 Al Lake), CI19140:1 (FD&C Yellow 5 Al Lake), CI45410 (D&C Red 28 Al Lake), CI77491 (Iron Oxide Red), CI77492 (Iron Oxide Yellow), CI77499 (Iron Oxide Black), CI77742 (Manganese Violet), CI77891 (Titanium Dioxide)

I tried several shades of this a few years ago when matte lips were REALLY in fashion. All of the shades I’ve tried perform the same with the exception of the darkest few shades (such as Copenhagen) which I found patchy and hard to apply.

I’m really not into matte lips, but I did recently repurchase one of these because it’s kind of a “safe bet” lipstick. It comes in enough shades that you’re guaranteed to find one that will suit you. It lasts a decently long time but isn’t impossible to take off. It’s slightly drying and uncomfortable but not to the extent of more intense mattes. The formula is truly creamy and easy to apply, and can easily be worn with lip balm. Best of all, these are pretty cheap.

on 8/21/2018 7:15:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

PROS:
• No transfer once they dry down
• Wide color range
• Long wearing, no smudging
• They don't get crumbly
• Very comfortable
• Pleasant scent
• Affordable

CONS:
• Sheer formula, can't get full opacity (at least with the darker shades)
• Patchy during application
• Different color than the tube

Overall, 7/10. I have the shade Berlin which is a deep reddish brown. I really enjoy this formula when I'm looking for a sheer lip product that doesn't transfer. I love how comfortable it feels on the lips.

on 5/31/2018 6:55:00 AM

Got the shade Morocco. Was excited about the color, but it's not that pigmented, had to apply several coats. And the worst part it, it wears off super quickly. Have to re-apply every hour, even if i don't eat.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Hello Ladies!

I have been a fan of matte lipsticks for years. Recently I moved to Canada, and I didn't want to dry out my lips with matte shades. I wanted to try out NYX's soft matte lip cream, to see if it works as the name says. I have a tan skin tone with a warm undertone. I purchased three colors- Vancouver, Cannes, and Copenhagen. They really complemented my skin color. I loved the packaging of the product as it's small and compact which makes it easy to carry. It doesn't really dry out my lips, and it doesn't stay much longer, maybe for 2-3 hours. I feel its fairly priced for its quantity. I would definitely repurchase the soft matte lip cream!

I really enjoyed this lipstick. This is my first liquid lipsticks. I loved it. I guess I also need to be clear that I don't care about staying power. Not super dry but does dry up on your lips. Generally. i think this is a great product.

on 3/18/2018 12:01:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have this in stockholm and the colour is just so beautiful.

It applies well and smells okay. The finish is really nice.

It does take some time to dry down and it transfers when I eat, so the staying power isn't very strong.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I have this in the shade Istanbul and its legitimately the prettiest, most natural looking pink on me. I could wear this every single day it is so flattering. Texture wise I'd say it's closer to a whip like their lid/lip lingeries but it isn't drying and won't create that butthole look, and I find the pigment can be a little more intense for me so I only dab a little bit in the middle of my lips and use a Qtip to spread it out

Purchased in the shade Monte Carlo.
I think the formula is amazing - especially for $6.50. Its soft and creamy, easy to apply and comfortable on the lips. It takes a few minutes to dry down, and once it dries, it's not completely transfer proof, but it's not drying at all. It's good for routine wear.
It's not long lasting - nor does it claim to be. It starts to fade when eating and drinking, but not completely or in an awkward way, like most liquid lipsticks. Without eating or drinking, I couldn't tell how much it lasts on me. But I've just eaten a corn, fiercely, and the lipstick is still on my lips. Not like when I first applied it, obviously, but it still looks good.
If you're hesitant to buy one of these, I would say go for it! For $6.50, you can't go wrong with these.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

I would give this 4.5/5 lippies if I could, this formula is the closest to perfect liquid lipstick I've ever tried!

I have 3 shades of Nyx Soft Matte Lip Creams: Budapest, Copenhagen, and Moscow.
I'll include a general review common to the 3 shades I own, followed by particularities I experienced with different shades, as well as brief comparisons to other liquid lipsticks I own.

GENERAL REVIEW
Overall, the three of them wear very similarly. There is some noticeable fading at the inner rim after 3-4 hours if I wear them alone; however, I sometimes use a lip liner all over my lips as a base with a lot of my lipsticks b/c I try to maximize wear time (for reference, I wore with essence "satin mauve" lip liner). In conjunction with the lip liner, the wear time increases to about 7 hours on me, with almost no fading.
All shades lasted through normal eating and drinking. I noticed some transfer on my coffee cup, but little difference on my actual lips. However, I am often teased by friends/family for being a particularly dainty eater, since I tend to take small bites, so idk if that is a contributing factor.
The SMLC are very comfortable to wear. They did not dry out my lips at all (with or without lip liner). It feels like they're part of my lips and not just a weird membrane sitting on top. I felt slight dryness around the inner rim of my lips after about 6 hours of wear though. I did not notice any particular scent.

INDIVIDUAL SHADE REVIEWS
- "Budapest": pink/mauve on me. I have worn this one the most, both with and without lip liner. It performed pretty well without lip liner. I didn't notice significant fading. I wore it over lip liner one night and it lasted through eating and drinking, talking, and about 7.5 hours and I didn't need to touch up all night. A single coat gives me full coverage.
- "Copenhagen": This is a dark red with a purplish undertone on me. It is slightly patchier than the other two SMLC I have, so I apply two coats. I tried it once with lip liner and once without lip liner. Both times, unlike the other two, it had some more noticeable fading after eating. It was fine with drinking coffee though.
- "Moscow": Deep navy blue. I only wore this twice, both times with lip liner. It is a very bold colour and I needed an occasion to wear it. It lasted 6-7 hours before I touched up, and it did not bunch up at all when I applied the touch-up coat. Surprisingly, it didn't apply patchily at all, considering blue can be a tricky lipstick colour. I could get away with just one coat, but I prefer two to even out the colour, not taking any chances with something as bold as blue. Stains a bit more than the other two after removal, but a little scrub with warm water fixes that.

COMPARISONS
I like the SMLC a lot more than the Nyx Lip Lingerie. Both dry matte, but the LL has a dryer and more hard-core matte finish than the SMLC. Not that SMLC isn't matte, it truly is matte, it's just not a "flat" matte, if that makes sense? Anyways, SMLC overall lasted pretty well with food and drink, whereas LL had very noticeable fading for me after eating.
I think the finish of the SMLC is more comparable to the Too Faced Melted liquid lipsticks or the Maybelline Color Jolts.

on 11/8/2017 10:23:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This stuff burns my lips :( I guess because of the vanilla scent, but so far I haven't been able to use any liquid lipsticks or lip stains without a reaction. I used Stockholm and while the color is gorgeous, it dried my lips out and didn't stay looking even on me. It seems to work for some though, so maybe it's my sensitivity. I think I'll stick with semi-matte/classic solid lipsticks or moisturizing tinted lip balms. I'd rather my lips look soft and have to reapply my color.