Physicians Formula Happy Booster Glow & Mood Boosting Powder in Translucent

Filtered by eye Color : Green

4.2

TALC. ZEA MAYS (CORN) STARCH. DIMETHICONE. OCTYLDODECYL STEAROYL STEARATE. PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRAISOSTEARATE. ASTROCARYUM MURUMURU SEED BUTTER. HELIANTHUS ANNUUS (SUNFLOWER) SEED OIL. LECITHIN. PHYTOSTERYL CANOLATE. PLUKENETIA VOLUBILIS SEED OIL. RHODIOLA ROSEA ROOT EXTRACT. ROSMARINUS OFFICINALIS (ROSEMARY) LEAF EXTRACT. THEOBROMA GRANDIFLORUM SEED BUTTER. SCHINUS TEREBINTHIFOLIUS SEED EXTRACT. PALM ALCOHOL. PHENOXYETHANOL. POTASSIUM SORBATE. FRAGRANCE. MAY CONTAIN: CARMINE. IRON OXIDES. MANGANESE VIOLET. MICA. RED 6. RED 7 LAKE. RED 28 LAKE. RED 30 LAKE. TITANIUM DIOXIDE. ULTRAMARINES. YELLOW 5 LAKE.

Love this product as a subtle highlighter! No sparkley chunks of glitter, it just puts off a very subtle glow,LOVE IT!

It took me a long time to figure out how to use this product, but once I found a way to make it work for me I've fallen in love with it. As other reviewers have noted, this is not a traditional translucent setting powder. The product contains teeny tiny little shimmers in it, and those with oily skin would probably find this too reflective to use as an all over setting powder. When I realized this didn't fit my needs as a setting powder, I started using this as a highlight. Unlike many highlighters, this is not super shimmery; it imparts more of a subtle, more natural glow than a frosted look. However, those partial to a more intense highlighter might be disappointed. I swirl a duo-fiber brush in this and dust it over my cheek bones, temples, and a touch above my eyebrows. I also find this work great to highlight my brow bone, inner corner or my eye, and cupid's bow. Because the shades are isolated in little hearts, you can also pin-point different shades to make your highlighter lighter or darker. When applied strategically, I'm left looking lit from within, not like a disco ball. The smell it not unpleasant for me, and the heart packaging is freakin' adorable. I wish the large champagne heart comprised more of this powder and that the packaging wasn't so bulky, but I find this impressive for a drug store product.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Gosh thought I did a review on this little jewel already! I love this powder! For sure it does not give very much coverage, thus the name translucent. ;-) It does however make my face look more highlighted and boosted with an inner kind of glow. It is not a shine or frost thing either. It just looks pretty when I apply it over my foundation whether it is a powder foundation or a liquid. I do love the violet aroma too. It is very faint and I think since I have had my compact for a long time now, I think the lovely violet aroma has faded a lot but I still love it. The fragrance does not last on my skin at all but it is lovely when I open it and I smell the loveliness. The packaging alone is enough to make a person want it. The beautiful design of the colored hearts is a work of art and the cute little do nothing brush under the powder is adorable. ;-) I have never removed it from it's wrapping, it is just too cute, and I know it would not work as well as my blush brush. This is really one of those compacts that I want a backup of just in case it gets discontinued. I want a backup of the blush too for the very same reason! Surely Physicians Formula will not let these lovely jewels be discontinued from their lineup! Knowing what I know about this company and so many others though, they probably will in exchange for something else. So get yourself one!

I am big on illuminating face powders, and this WOULD be my HG if it didn't break apart every single time it gets about 2/3's of the way used. It creates a huge, disgusting mess when this product randomly breaks apart, and the packaging is just clumsy and awful. The top lid swings open very easily and is not protective of the product, while the mirror is protected like Fort Knox between two layers of compact. I HATE that! They should put it in a more protective, traditional style compact.

My skin makeup routine usually consists of this: primer, concealer, and a pretty, brightening powder to set it. I have tried tons of products like this, from Revlon SkinLights to Urban Decay products to higher-end, expensive stuff and Physician's Formula powders trump almost all the ones I've tried (that are still on the market) in giving me the shimmery, airbrushed finish that I like. I had been using PF Mineral Glow Pearls, but I dropped it once I tried the Happy Booster.

As for the product itself, I LOVE the shimmery, healthy glow it gives me! I have pale, cool toned skin and for me it's a fine line between being washed out by a too-light powder or looking orange and gross. I was skeptical when I saw that there was a bronze looking heart in the "Translucent" compact, but I decided to try it anyway. It does not have a bronzer effect. On me it imparts a pearly, natural finish with a nice pinkish glow. I don't need or use a blush with this powder. My skin tends to be red and irritated at times, and this really helps to make it look more even and it "perks up" my complexion without the phony bronzer look.

I would recommend it if you like a shimmery finish, or want to use it as a blush - but prepare for it to shatter into a billion pieces. I'm on my 4th compact already. I never travel with it in my purse because it's so shoddily packaged. That's why I can't give it five lipsticks. I do like the product enough to rate it four, despite the huge presentation flaws.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Bought this when it was 40% off at CVS and had the $5 coupon....so it was cheap at that moment.
PROS
**Very cute packaging
**Nice smell
**Adds a beautiful glow without a very obvious shimmer
**Get a lot of product

CONS
**Bulky packaging
**Pricey for the product

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

My least favorite of the three of the Happy Boosters I have (this, bronzer, and rose). I just feel this is a bit "light" to use as an all-over powder for my skin tone (NC30). I know it is supposed to look illuminating (right) but it kind of just translates as silvery white glitter on me. I can use this as a highlighter, though, so I'm okay with it. One complaint about the product: why is that little pink heart there? Besides to look cute.. it kind of messes it up. Does anyone want to apply pink ALL over their face? I purposely cover the heart up when I swipe a brush on it. Overall: decently pigmented, adorable packaging and smells great, but not a "must have" for my skin tone.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I love this product, Smells good and creates a great powdery soft glow. I just love it. I think the mineral powder with the swirl offers better coverage, but this is enough for me usually. Have to be careful how you swirl your applicator because you could get too much pinky in the wrong place from that heart, but it is okay just need to be careful. Not enough of a flaw to not LOVE it.

One note, I hate the brush on these. It is okay for blush but no good for powder. I use a soft cushy applicator from the body shop. Fits perfect. A nice powder puff is awesome for these...

This product is okay. I will occasionally use it has a highlighter (although I wouldn't say it's a great highlighter) but not ever again use it all over my face. There is a ton of glitter. I'm okay with a bit of glitter and shimmy and I'll use this a bit on my cheeks but all over the face it looks awful! It seriously looks like I dipped my whole face in a puddle of glitter with even the lightest application on the face

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

This is absolutely one of my favorite things I've gotten in a while. The smells is absolutely divine but not at all strong unless you sniff the compact. The translucent powder is perfect for a subtle glow that imparts nothing but glowy (read: not glittery) perfection. I use a bronzer brush(big and fluffy) and apply this directly over my foundation and I'm done. I don't think this would work with oily skin, but I find it makes me look perfect. It also looks good by itself for a subtle perfection. It is divine and looks like it will last for ever. Definitely pick this up when PF is on sale.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I actually bought this so I would get $7 bucks back at CVS plus it came with a $3 coupon, it was basically free! I'd always wanted to try a shimmery powder but since I have an oily Tzone I never had the courage but I've become friends with a mattifier so why not?! LOVE the heart pattern and the scent is beautifically delicate. I even like the brush that came with it so have been using that one. The effect is such a pretty irridescent ivory pink tone and makes me look and well, feel, happy. I was even able to concentrate the bristles into the bright pink and popped that just on my cheeks for an extra glow. Love this!