BOOM! By Cindy Joseph Boomstick Color

BOOM! By Cindy Joseph Boomstick Color
Boomstick ColorBoomstick Color

3.2

Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Isopropyl Myristate, Acrylates/Stearyl Acrylate/Dimethicone Methacrylate Copolymer, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Octyldodecanol, Canola Oil, Polyglyceryl-2 Diisostearate, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Polyethylene, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Silica, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Dipentaerythrityl Hexacaprylate/Hexacaprate, Butylene Glycol, Cetyl Alcohol, Ozokerite, Tridecyl Trimellitate, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Microcrystalline Wax (Cera Microcristallina), PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Tridecyl Stearate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Vanillin, Neopentyl Glycol/Dicaprylate Dicaprate, (May Contain): Mica (77019), Titanium Dioxide , Iron Oxides , Bismuth Oxychloride , Carmine , Manganese Violet , Blue 1 Lake , Orange 5 , Orange 5 Lake , Red 6 , Red 7 Lake , Red 21 , Red 21 Lake , Red 22 Lake , Red 27 , Red 27 Lake , Red 28 Lake , Red 30 Lake , Red 33 Lake , Red 36 , Red 40 Lake , Yellow 5 Lake , Yellow 6 Lake , Yellow 10 Lake

on 2/9/2019 12:24:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine

I bought this for the first time about a year ago, and have relied on it more and more over time. I take good care of my skin but have not used makeup on my face in over 40 years. So the idea of using Boom "Color" was a daring move for me. I find it just about perfect for older skin. The color looks dark in the tube, but I only glide on a very small amount, and it behaves exactly as the company states: it gives just enough color, blends into my skin, and lets my own skin tone show through. In short, it looks completely natural. I've just bought it for the second time, and plan to keep using this product forever.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

BOOMSTICK? WORTH EVERY PENNY.

BOOM has been heavily targeted to mature women but I am telling you it works for me and maybe you should take a closer look at these products. It works so well, it's replaced a lot of product in my makeup wardrobe, which is good because it's a tad spendy at almost 30 USD for a stick slightly bigger than a lipstick (reminiscent of Bite) but you actually don't go through a lot of product quickly. This stuff laaaaasts (I'm talking a few months here) so when I add it up, I'm saving both time and money with a multi-functional quality product I'll actually use daily. BOOM FTW!

It can be used on eyes, cheeks, around the face or on your collar bone. Need a hint of believable colour? Smooth it on and blend it in. Done. This is very natural looking, like you're not wearing makeup at all, and anyone seeking a healthier, more realistic look will fall head-over-heels for this stuff. (I have.) It's made from all natural ingredients so there's nothing harmful in there and that's peace of mind for me. You're paying for the quality and honestly, you'll get what you pay for. I'm not sure I could be happier with the actual product if I tried.

In my quest for a simpler, healthier, wallet-friendly routine with versatile, flattering and useful products, I've tried most of the various multisticks out there. Some of them (NARS, even more expensive) are better than others (elf I'm side-eyeing you for the glitterazzi hell that you are) but BOOM is superior in every possible way to everything I've tried before it. It's creamy, easy to blend, universally flattering, always appropriate, buildable and straight-up pretty. The only thing I can think of that could be a possible drawback for some is that it only lasts about six or so hours. You have to reapply it. However, it is so seriously easy to reapply, even on the go, lack of fuss makes this a no-brainer.

I got the trio (Color, Glo and Shimmer) for about 80 USD + shipping and I can honestly say I use them every day. I don't usually wear foundation, just SPF and concealer under the eyes, so it's really easy for me to reapply as often as I like. I have no allergic response and it doesn't break me out. Goes on easily and comes off with facewash. The packaging is terrific, they are very portable sticks, and I'm even thinking of picking up two extra sets - one for my purse and another for my travel bag - just so I can keep the trio I have at my desk for easy mornings. (I am not a morning person, hate looking for things when I'm half-awake or less, and organize everything at night that I can because of this fact, so yes I may buy multiples.)

A drawback for me is that you can only get it from their website. I wouldn't mind this as I often order things online; however, the site is plagued with pop-up marketing. Just trying to buy the trio, I got smacked with two po-ups upon arrival, a few while shopping, and three pop-ups from cart to purchase. There's also an email infestation and, given their druthers, you'll get an email from them every day. (They're a small company with no other retailer so I get that they're trying to compete in a huge arena, but I wish they'd stop with such aggressive marketing. Their very positive message on some great products can, and often is, drowned out by it.) TIP: Change the email settings in your account (I opted for unsub), patiently wade through the site pop-ups, grit your teeth and just order some seriously great product.

So you can get an idea how good this stuff really, really is: 1) I'm a minimalist. You better pull double duty and be invaluable if you want to exist in my space. 2) I hate aggressive marketing. Email me more than twice a month or hit me with site pop-ups (hey sephora long time no see) and I'm gone, no sale, Bye Felicia. 3) I'm frugal and hate to part with money under the best of circumstances. It's actually caused me physical pain. 4) My daily routine consists of SPF, concealer, BOOM, brow pencil, and a cream shadow or two. I look fabulous (thanks, BOOM) and so can you. :)

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I am not generally one to write reviews, but I have to say that I am surprised at the negative reviews for the products. I am in my 50s and have become tired of full face makeup application every day. I was looking for something quick and easy, that still looked pretty. I do not have perfect skin and have been using Bare Minerals for over 12 years. Cream and liquid foundations have always tended to make my skin break out and I never really liked the feel of them on my skin. I still love Bare Minerals and will continue to use it when I want a more flawless look. However, I love the ease of use of the Boomsticks. I still have enough moisture in my face, so don't need to use the Glo - it tends to make my face shinier than I like. I live in Ohio and do find the Glo stick to be great for lips and that awful cracking dryness across the backs of my hands and knuckles - it actually healed up the cracks and dryness in one day of application! I love the Boomsilk for a nighttime moisturizer - again, it's a bit too heavy for me in the daytime, but I am sure would be great for those with extremely dry skin, I love the Boomstick color and Glimmer. I dab just a bit of concealer under my eyes, add the color to my cheeks, forehead, nose, and chin. The color is extremely flattering to my skin. A bit of Glimmer to my brow bones. A touch of eyeliner, shadow, and mascara and I'm good to go - a five-minute get ready for work routine! I look fresh, glowing, and not overly made up. The fine lines and wrinkles are less visible since I have less on my face. I do wish the color would last a bit longer on my cheeks - one reapplication during the day. Perhaps, it would be better if I used a bit more on initial application - I'm still getting comfortable with the correct amount. As for cost, I think it will be reasonable since I see the sticks lasting for quite some time. If you want full coverage, this isn't your product. If you want a fresh look in a few minutes that is all natural, then this is your product. I will be using it for a long time to come.

I was stunned when i received my boom stick its alittle bigger than a lipstick. The concept of using one color for cheeks and lips are a great one if only it stayed on your skin its too greasy and I have to keep reapplying. The price was out to lunch for what you received. They assured me it will last but geesh I paid in american dollars so with the purchase and shipping I paid approximately 80 canadian. Our dollar isnt doing well oh well. lol..anyways I was looking forward to a decent size. I was stunned. Its slighting bigger than a lipstick and even if I didnt have to pay such a huge price for shipping...30 dollars to send a small a tad bigger than a lipstick size container. I said come on that is robbery. They refunded me 4 dollars. So I would never buy this again. Ever.

on 9/28/2018 9:20:00 AM

Like some other reviewers, I really, really wanted to love this product but was disappointed. I have fair, olive skin that’s in pretty good shape for my age (I’ll be 50 next year). The color stick was shockingly dark. Although it did glide on very sheerly as promised, the color was still too dark and garish, at least for my skin. Also, applying the products (I purchased all 3 sticks and the Boomsilk), I found left my face very red from the application and the blending, even though the product was butter soft. If you go back and watch all the infomercials again, you can actually see that they portray the products fairly accurately, but my expectations were perhaps unrealistic? They also straight out tell you that reapplication is necessary, and I expected that, but again, the product seems to evaporate from the skin very quickly, leaving me looking bare faced after an hour or so.
I will not repurchase this line. I wish there was a “Fenty” style breakthrough for the older age groups!

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I have dry skin and don't wear makeup often. I do wear mascara almost daily. These sticks are probably best for people who don't wear much makeup. They suit me, however there is zero "coverage".

I wanted to add that I mostly use the blush. I don't know if I will repurchase. It's a nice creamy stain and the Glo stick is nice as an undereye product.

on 5/27/2018 11:57:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I fell sucker and finally broke down and bought the boom stick , and the fact is this is nothing’s but a dark violet or plum stain, that could look like a vampire mouth and the color is actually too dark for a older face, I looked like I had a breathing problem as my lips were too purple. I would not recommend this product as we all know girls that we look better with a lighter prettier color then this stuff, on the cheeks it can look like bruising , really wasted my money as Clinique chubby stick in peony is similar, but more flattering on lips and cheeks.

on 3/14/2018 8:31:00 PM

I really love the idea behind Cindy Joseph's BOOM line. It's about time that makeup / beauty companies start paying attention to what works for us 50 and 60-somethings. It cracks me up when I see ads for wrinkle creams, etc., showing a glowing nubile young thing. Am I supposed to be impressed because her face is wrinkle-free and firm? Am I supposed to rush out and buy the product, believing that I too will have skin like hers if I just use the product line? Ridiculous. There are a lot of us Baby Boomers out there, and we are still young enough that we want to make the most of whatever beauty we've been able to hold on to. Every product line, and its advertisement campaigns, are centered around women in their 20's and 30's, and to be honest it's not all that hard to look good when you still have collagen in your face, the sun has not yet wreaked havoc on your skin, and gravity has not done its dastardly deed on your overall appearance. I do believe, as Cindy does, that for our age group less is best. I find that the more products I put on my face, the more my wrinkles and flaws become obvious. Forget all this countouring, highlighting, and attempting to create illusions with makeup. It does not work on older faces. With that said, I wanted to really LOVE this product. I was willing to pay the $27 price tag, as long as I felt it was a good value. I do love the color, and yes it does look very nice and natural on my skin tone. However, it does NOT last long. And I was really shocked and disappointed at how little product you actually get in your stick. Fully extended, it is only 1 inch. That's not a whole lot, especially if you are going to use it on your lips, as well as your cheeks, forehead, and decollete. It's a shame, because the color is really nice. A wine color with just a tinge of brown perhaps. It's nice. But for the amount of times I have to reapply (it is not long lasting), I don't see me making this purchase very often, or not at all. I will check out other drug store brands like Wet N Wild and NYX to see if they have a blush stick of a similar shade. I was going to try some of her other products in the line, but I think I will continue looking for something more affordable. Yes, for some, $27 for a tiny little stick of blush is not a lot of money; but for me, it's not really sustainable on my tight budget.

on 1/10/2018 3:19:00 AM

I bought the 3 Boomsticks and the Boomsilk about a year ago. I only want to spend a few minutes on makeup and want a natural look. The Boomsilk was too greasy and shiny for my face but works okay on my hands. I don't ever use the highlighter unless I am going for a made-up look because I don't wear eye shadow or want to look glittery. The clear stick works really well around and under my eyes to minimize fine lines. The color stick gives me a natural looking bit of color on my pale cheeks. I have been using it most days for almost a year and still have some in the tube. I just swipe some on and blend with my fingers. I am looking for less expensive options for the 2 items I am using, but otherwise would probably repurchase. I agree with others about the packaging issues -- very difficult to get the caps on the sticks to stay on so I do not trust to carry in my purse. Also, kind of basic white plastic, but not a big deal for me.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I absolutely adore the Boomsilk cream, I just bought my second large jar, the first one lasted a year and a half. You only need a pea sized amount for your face. I have extremely sensitive skin, and when I smooth this on, I can feel my skin saying thank you, it is so pure, and feels so healing! It is basically made of olive oil and honey, with honey components, with no fragrance, colors, chemicals, or additives. I use the Kiss My Face sensitive skin SPF under it during the day, and sometimes a tinted moisturizer on top, just to cover the large pores. I am always getting compliments on my skin, people are shocked when they hear my age. I think the price is extremely reasonable when you compare it to brands like Estee Lauder, $58 for a half pound of pure cream, vs. $50 for 1.7 oz. I also love the trio, I use the color for my cheeks, temples, sides of neck and bottom of neck, and the glimmer for my cheekbones, tip of nose, and a dot on the chin. The glo is the Boomsilk with more beeswax, so you can carry it with you. I used to have oily skin, but now, in my 60's, it's on the dry side, so it soaks up the Boomsilk, and you can use it anywhere on your body that you feel dry spots. Cindy has a wonderful video on youtube about her makeup routine.

Popular Blush Products