NYX Professional Makeup Jumbo Eyeshadow Pencils- All

NYX Professional Makeup Jumbo Eyeshadow Pencils- All
Jumbo Eyeshadow Pencils- AllJumbo Eyeshadow Pencils- AllJumbo Eyeshadow Pencils- All

3.5

Bees Wax, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba)wax, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla)wax, Ceresin, Microcrystalline Wax, Polyethylene, Octyldodeanol, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Isostearyl Isostearate, Isononyl Isononanoate, Tocopheryl Acetate, B.H.A., Isopropylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Butylparaben. MAY CONTAIN: Mica (CI77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI77891), Iron Oxide Red (CI77491), Iron Oxide Yellow (CI77492), Carmine (CI75470), Chromium Oxide Green (CI77288), Ultramarine Blue (CI77007), Ferric Ferrocyanid (CI77510), FD&C Blue No.1 Aluminum Lake (CI42090), D&C Red No.6 (CI15850), D&C Red No.7 Ca Lake (CI15850), D&C Red No.27 Al Lack (CI45410:1).

on 2/10/2018 6:08:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Absolutely love these eye pencils! Great array of colours and hues. I have Milk,Yogurt, Gold and Rust. Every time I go into the Nyx store I end up w/ another color hehe... My go to is the colour Yogurt, such a versatile colour reminds me of an opal-pearl oyster shell (interior) which has a lovely silver sheen. Works well as an inner corner highlighter, I often use it on my waterline as well as a liner and also as an overall shadow. Milk is my least used, I find it too stark of a white, but it’s great for Halloween kits, really well pigmented. Rust I love, a deep red burgundy colour wth red sheen, sometimes I’ll do my eyelids in red burgundy tones (ie UD: Relish, Mac: Cranberry or my fav Star Violet also by Mac) and line with this,..I love this look when I wear black- such a cool and confident look, pulls the amber out of my brown eyes, makes them pop!. I have also used Rust as an overall shadow too. Gold (yellow tone- no orange) is a great colour for highlighting the inner corner of the eye and wears well against brown eye makeup- great statement colour. The formula on these pencils are of a soft melding crayon,certainly not waxy, full on pigment, lasts all day.
Can’t beat the price, looking forward to purchasing many more of these Jumbo Pencils.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

I have the shades Black Bean, Dark Brown and Rust. I love these pencils, they are easy to apply and super pigmented.

on 3/24/2017 11:56:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Seems these are a "hit or miss" for a lot of women. Well I think it's all in the application. They're definitely great as a "base" for your powder shadows. They intensify the shades. Also need to use a primer before application of these pencils (come on, work with them a little🤷🏼‍♀️.) A little dusting of setting powder/spray and you're done. Other that, I don't have any issues with these. Its like any other brand - no matter what the price - sometimes you have to work a little harder to get that "snatch"😘

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Would never use these on their own, but they are absolutely amazing bases. Even your most chalky useless eye shadow will show up if you put Milk on first. I have a cheap palette off eBay with very unpigmented, powdery, hard to work with shadows, and I can make almost all of them beautiful if I layer them on top of the Milk pencil. It's amazing and a staple in my makeup collection. Also great for highlighting under my brow bone.

on 3/23/2017 8:02:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Cheap! And often "you get what you pay for" - a waxy-creamy feel with decent staying power. Milk and Yogurt are very useful as a base - I put powder shadows over top. Also inexpensive enough that my 12 year old can buy a bunch to "play" with.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'm clearly in the minority if the reviews here are anything to go by. I had shades 610 Oyster and 602 Dark Brown and didn't like either of them. They had next-to-no staying power, even when used with a primer; they blended out to practically nothing but were almost impossible to layer without looking patchy; and for me at least, they never set completely dry, making my eyelids feel oily, sticky and wholly unpleasant all day.

Finally they have one of the worst chemical scents I've possibly ever smelt in a makeup product; really, really strong (almost like nail polish remover) to the point where I threw these out because I was genuinely worried about what they might be doing to my skin.

In my opinion, not worth the hype. Barry M do a version of these - granted, with not as many shades - which apply so much better and have a screw-up bottom, meaning there's no need to go searching for a sharpener (as you do with these) when you need more product.

on 3/30/2016 1:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I have this in Milk & have repurchased many times. I use it as a Base (over primer) on my mobile lid to give my shadow more ooooomph! Works a treat. Blends easily & unlike others I have no problems sharpening them. Very good value for money.

on 11/9/2015 12:40:00 AM

These are fabulous. I mostly use them for Halloween makeup (why waste money on Halloween palettes?) but they also get used for various tasks like highlighting (Strawberry Milk) or as a base (Milk). They used to be super cheap, I bought my first one for $3, but NYX has upped the price since then. I'm a little sad that they're more expensive but I still think they are quite affordable options for cream eyeshadow pencils and will continue to repurchase since I like these for costume makeup.

My only gripe is that the cap breaks easily.

on 8/7/2015 1:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I own these in the shades: Cashmere, Cottage Cheese, Iced Mocha, Milk, Strawberry Milk, and Yogurt. They're creamy, pigmented, and blend easily. However they aren't easy to sharpen (need to find one that fits this pencil) and you end up wasting the product when sharpening. Plus the plastic caps suck as they end up cracking like no tomorrow. My method is to depot these babies. I use the little plastic paint pots from Michaels to store these. I simply break the tip of the product in the pot and then resume to break the plastic end with pliers or my bare hands. Then I push a Penmate pen through the tip opening of the Shadow pencil to push all the product out the other end to the pot. I take a spatula tool to smooth out the product in the pot. It's messy to accomplish, but simple to do and you save so much product compared to sharpening the pencil! These can be applied as cream shadows and if I wanted to make fine lines with it, I take a stiff angled brush to apply it as eyeliner. I definitely will keep repurchasing these jumbo pencils in more shades and using this method to preserve them.

i have the colour sparkle leopard. i got it on a whim at a free standing NYX store in europe. i paid 5.50 euro for it which i think is affordable.

pros:
- the fine glitters in sparkle leopard lasted ALL DAY, i was so pleased about this!!! i put it on in the morning and only took it off at 3.30 am the next day (our flight was delayed so i was home far later than expected), and the glitter particles were still showing. most glitters wouldn't last that long =)
- i didn't experience creasing (i didn't apply that much though - i layered shadow on top)
- so far, no dragging or tugging. it seems easy to apply

cons:
- i've had it a week and the cap is already cracking pretty seriously =(
- i haven't owned it for a long time so i'm not sure if it'll dry up and create drag/tugging later and thus create more fallout for the glitter (but this is just a worry and not an actual con, lol)

bottom line:
certainly and definitely worth a shot if you're curious. =) just pick up one to try and see if it suits you