Hurraw Balm

Hurraw Balm

4.5

Prunus amygdalus dulcis (sweet almond) oil, ‡Euphorbia cerifera (candelilla) wax, *Cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, *Simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) seed oil, *Theobroma cacao (cocoa) seed butter, *Ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, Olea europaea (olive) fruit oil, organic flavor, Tocopherols (sunflower)

on 6/13/2016 7:33:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

As others have said, this is good stuff. The cherry one imparts just enough color and sheen. And it's not sticky in the least. I also think the shape of these makes them easier to apply.

on 6/13/2016 7:08:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I love these lip balms. They smell delicious enough to eat, and my lips have never felt more moisturised. They are so affordable, and just the right size to carry around with you in your pocket on the go. My favourite so far is the tinted cherry balm, because I love the way it smells and the natural red tint it gives my lips. I also love the vanilla. I am going to collect all of them one day.

To Read all 89 Reviews, Login or Join

This is my HG lib balm. I've been religiously buying and using the Green Tea Lip Balm for more than two years.

I bought a single tube of the stuff on a whim one day when I was checking out from American Apparel, and was back within the week to grab three more. Unlike burts bees, my previous lib balm brand, this product provides long lasting moisture, leaving my lips soft and smooth even after the product has worn off.

I love the texture of the product - soft, not too sticky or slippery. I also love the look, and in this season with nude lips so very 'in' a lip balm like this is a great alternative to a pricier or more drying lipstick.

Does tend to transfer a bit messily if you drink too soon after applying, but overall a fantastic product that I cannot recommend enough. Do your lips a favor and get some!

on 4/1/2016 4:53:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

HG lip balm. I am allergic to many "natural" skin care products, this is the only lip balm I have used which hasn't caused a bad reaction.

on 3/13/2016 11:42:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

The best lip balm ever! Smooth, moisturizing, lots of scents/flavors, and a few tinted ones! Great portable twist up tube, affordable and cruelty-free! My favorite is the tinted Cinnamon. Just ordered 4 more this morning. 😊

Review on 'moon balm' (blue chamomile vanilla): I really enjoy these, I only have one currently, but I'm so hooked and plan to buy more. The product is pretty firm and waxy, only slightly greasy, but not in a bad way. It's very moisturizing and this scent is on point. I like the shape of ovular? lip balms compared to the normal circular tube shaped. Totally recommend ^.^

on 1/16/2016 3:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

My review is for the Vanilla Bean scent, as it is the only one I have so far (but I'm sure more will follow!)

My HG lip balm for years has been Burt's Bees. I have used many jars of it. But I was in the market for something different. While I still love Burt's Bees, I've grown tired of it. I stumbled upon Hurraw! and I'm very glad I did.

At first, I was not too impressed. Sure, it smelled like heaven (like the vanilla flavour they put in a Starbucks drink!) but I didn't feel like it performed any better than my Burt's Bees, so it kind of collected dust for a while. Until I noticed that I was gravitating more and more towards it in the months to come. At first, I blamed the scent, as it is delicious. But the texture is so nice and it feels like butter on the lips, but not too greasy. It made my lips nice and soft. I don't even touch my Burt's Bees one, to be honest.

The tube is really nice! It doesn't necessarily work better than a classic round tube, but the packaging is high quality and feels really nice in the hands (if that makes sense).

Yes, this is definitely a favourite. I love the philosophy: it is all vegan, organic and fair trade (as far as I know) and I think that is very important. I am not specifically vegan, but the less ingedients derived from animals, the better.

I love the vanilla scent, but I'm very curious to try the other ones. I can see myself collecting the rest of the flavours! Gotta catch 'em all!

Definitely recommend this product! It is not too expensive, does the job really well, has high quality, fantastic ingredients and a great philosophy. I don't know what else I could ask for. Hurray for Hurraw!

EDIT: April 27th: Still love it! I also bought one in the Lime scent which is not *as* lovely as the Vanilla - uncurable sweettooth here -, but also really nice. It does have a little bit of a soapy taste (the Vanilla one doesn't have any taste) but it's not strong so I'm okay. Yay!

Loving these! I have the black cherry and cinnamon. Both definitely have that initial scent payoff that's deliciously bold they pick up your mood right then and there. Both have the flavour listed, although the cinnamon is a bit more intense. And both have that sheer colour with slight sheen built into satisfying moisture. I could only imagine the rest of the colours follow suit!

The features in packaging that really impress me are the elliptical shape for dispensing and the dial turn up as opposed to twist up. It's these little things that make presicion and class unto a product.

One of my favourite looks is a tinted lip balm over a stain and these are so very perfect for that. It is definitely a balm with tint, not balm with lip colour, if that makes any sense. The colours swatch true to the product, which is a very good thing. And if you have found this product, you already know it is a natural item, bravo.

on 11/17/2015 12:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I was intrigued by the product after hearing it was both natural, organic, vegan, raw and cruelty free. Five great qualities, and I want to add "effective" to the bunch. In two days my lips went from typically winter chapped to perfectly smooth and moisturized. I bought the chai spice one because I'm craving a chai latte at all times, and it tastes and smells absolutely amazing. I can't wait to try more scents. The only con is that very few stores in Sweden carry Hurraw, so they're a bit pricey in the few stores where you can get them. I'd much rather put my money towards a few hurraw balms than I would towards for example Eos balms (which is what I've gone for in the past) though. Not to mention all the cheap chemical-y ones that do nothing for your lips in the long run. HG lip product for sure!

Edit March 2016: So far I've tried Chai spice, Vanilla bean, Chocolate, Black cherry and Lime. I've made sure to strategically place these in different purses and around the flat, so that I always have one near. As a result of that (and the loveliness of the product) I've been pretty good with using them throughout the day and not just morning and night, and my lips have never been in better shape!

on 9/25/2015 11:15:00 PM

I have one of their lip balms with SPF, Sun Lip Balm SPF 15. This is light years ahead of other lip balms in terms of ingredients, texture, and sun protection. First off, unlike the Yes to Carrots SPF 15 lip balm, this is not full of nasty white gunk that makes your lips look like a science project. This goes on clear, hydrates well, and actually protects my lips. I prefer this shape of lip balm to the traditional cylinder tubes as well. This comes in about a million other flavors that I cannot wait to try. Great buy!

Popular Lip Treatments