E.L.F. 32 shadow palette

E.L.F 32 Eye Shadow Collection Everyday Brights

1.5

Price: $

Price: $

Talc, Mica, Zinc Stearate, Kaolin, Paraffinum Liquidum (Mineral Oil), Petrolatum, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Methylparaben, Propylparaben MAY CONTAIN: Iron Oxide (Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499), Manganese Violet (Cl 77742), Mica (Cl 77019), Titanium Dioxide (Cl 77891), Yellow No.5 Lake (Cl 19140), Red No.40 Lake (Cl 16035), Ultramarine Violet (Cl 77007), Blue No.1 Lake (Cl 42090)

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I got this free with my first E.L.F purchase. Rather than impressing me I was really disappointed. At the time I was looking for a nice matt beige/neutal eyeshadow (tried sleek in the end) and used the peach eyeshadow first. It disappeared one hour after applying- this was indoors at home on a cool day it wasn't like the heat melted it or anything. I used the golds too and it was the same. Ironically this free gift almost turned me off buying any E.L.F products again, I was about to purchase 2 of the beauty encloypeadias, thank goodness i didn't. However I kept it thinking that it would stay on with a primer. I'm using ELF mineral primer and it's lasting most of the day which is good. I've tried the pink, browns, greys but yet to try the blues, the glittery ones (which doesn't really appeal to me) and rest of the palette.

I would say that the design of the palette is fairly good- it's not flashy and i didn't find it hard to open at all and it has the bonus of a mirror placed on the lid at eyelid level which is very handy. It's also quite light to lift and carry. The colours are generally placed together in colour groups ie all the greys silvers toegther.

What I have found is that the quality of the eyeshadows is fairly poor-they are chalky and powdery (I got eyeshadow in my contact lenses which has only happened 3 times in 10 years.) The chalkiness makes it look cheap too. I was using a flat brush to pat down the eyeshadow on the lid which is a good method to adopt but you have to use more eyeshadow that usual to build up the colour. Also most of the colours have a silver sheen to them which i quite like but was not expecting.

I'm glad I didn't chuck this out as there is a good range of colours but I would recommend others to check out MUA shadows which are really cheap 1 an eyeshadow and 4 for a palette and much better quality. I won't be buying their powder shadows again but like their studio cream eyeshadows.

on 3/21/2011 2:53:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

I agree with the first reviewer..you get what you pay. I bought this palette at Target for 4.99 and the palette does have beautiful colors but the pigmentation sucks. I used this with UDPP and the brighter colors didn't even show up especially the purple..I am always looking for a true purple color. I had to literally dip 3 to 4 times to get the color on my eyelids. The texture is powdery and flies all over the place. I find that the L'oreal Hip colors have better quality eyeshadows for a drugstore brand. I am trying to find good quality eyeshadows so I don't have to buy urban decay and mac all the time but sadly this brand just doesn't work out (their nail polish colors are awesome and so are their brushes but not eyeshadows).