Sleek blush - Rose Gold

4.2

on 7/29/2017 2:41:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I think my views of the Sleek Rose Gold blush has a lot to do with the price tag, as there's nothing to complain about £4.99. The packaging is practical and highly portable for my travels (it's not that much bigger than a Bobbi Brown eyeshadow/ blusher).

This is my first drugstore blusher and I won't compare the colour to anything else that I have, but I bought it as I was curious to try out what all the fuss has been about with the "universally flattering" NARS Orgasm, but didn't quite want to take the plunge unless I actually liked the colour.

My skin is currently quite tanned, so it takes quite a lot of work to build up the pigmentation. I use this on top of my cheekbones, which is also where I would usually wear my highlighter, so the Sleek Rose Gold works as a 2-in-1 for me. If I was just using this as a blusher, then I would need more pigmentation relative to gold shimmer.

Texture-wise, I don't know if it's because of the gold glitter, but the powder is coarse compared to my usual blushers and highlighter powders. That's not been a problem with application, as I still get an even coverage using my Chikuhodo R-C3, but I do need to swipe the palette quite liberally to get enough pigmentation. Having said that, I don't get any glitter fall-out and the colour lasts fine for 8-10 hours' wear in the heat.

There's days when I feel I still need some extra-oomph with the colour after a few layers of the Sleek Rose Gold, so I top up with a dab of the coral colour from my Chanel Sunkiss Ribbon blush harmony, but the Rose Gold is fine for tints of pinkish-coral.

Overall, I think my Sleek Rose Gold would be handy for economising on my travel make-up as it saves me carrying a Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick as well as a blush palette, and I still think it's great value for money even if I don't think it has the same qualities as my other preferred blushers.

on 2/15/2017 12:45:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Curly, Medium

I've had this for a couple of years now. I usually use this with the Sleek Blush by 3 CaliforN.I.A. palette, which has 3 shades (peachy pink, peach, coral), I generally use cream blush with a bit of powder blush over it. Used that way, this lasts all day on me (over foundation, no setting powder, which I don't use), with only a little fading. I have dry and sensitive skin, this doesn't irritate my skin. This is a peachy-pinky-golden shimmer shade, you don't need a lot.

Yes, this is shimmery; I use it only in spring/summer, that's what the color is to me. Used over cream blush, it's not TOO shimmery. I have not used NARS Orgasm, so can't comment on whether it's a dupe.

I do really like this blush, and would like to try some other colors in Sleek blushes at some time.

on 10/20/2016 3:26:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I love sleek products and in fact I own a bunch of their blushes incl. the ones with 3 variants. I bought this one after reading some reviews and it does look gorgeous. It is easy to blend and the finish is gorgeous BUT if you have acne scars or enlarged pores, this blush is not for you. I have post acne scars (old ones) and i cannot use this blush alone so what I do is that I use it a bit as a highlighter and once I applied a matte blush in a similar shade, I apply it a bit closer to where I would enhance with a highlighter and not entirely on the cheek area where I would normally apply a blush. Either way, it is a nice blush and I do recommend it. Also Sleek products are good and yet cheap so it's really never a waste to buy their products.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

This blusher is simply become my favourite! It gives instant glow to my face. Pigmentation is good, packaging is great and sleek! Good value for every penny I spent for it. I don't have NARS Orgasm but I'm already happy with this. Holy grail!

The best dupe for Nars Orgasm. Do not waste your money, go and buy this. You will save a lot of money trust me.

on 9/18/2016 7:55:00 AM

This blush is absolutley beautiful! it gives a perfect flush with a hint of gold highlight. definitely my new favorite :)

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

A very beautiful blush!!

It is a very affordable, INSANELY pigmented blush and did I mention beautiful?
I think I got this blush for around 8€ and have been using it a lot since it looks really flattering on my skin. As said, it is REALLY pigmented so you really have to use this blush light-handedly.

The packaging, however, is a bit tricky because it does not have a proper sort of opening to it. The first time I opened it, it was so tight that when I finally opened it I smudged my nail into the product, so now it has a nail imprint in the pan :D

A really gorgeous blush, nothing negative to say about the product itself!!

on 5/31/2016 11:23:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this blush. I find that this is a great dupe for NARS Orgasm blush. This blush is pigmented, easy to blend and the texture is good considering that it's really cheap. Here in my location, the NARS one costs four times this Sleek blush costs.

This blush is worth every penny, the quality is good and is really cheap.
This is a good buy!

on 5/14/2016 3:35:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

I love the packaging and pigment of this blusher. It's also very easy to blend.
I just wish I'd picked a different colour. I have very fair skin, and the golden hue doesn't suit me well at all; I much prefer a cooler sheen. I hoped this tone would be more subtle, but in my opinion it's more of a golden powder with a pink tint to it.
I find the golden shimmer to settle into pores slightly but not too severely. I think this colour would suit those of you with a darker skin tone; the golden tone would look beautiful on you!

I'll be passing this on and having a look at some of the other shades Sleek offers.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

As people were raving about this blush, I got one. I put a very light sweep on my cheeks. It was awful, it was so shiny, I could only describe it shiny like these irridescent nail polish, the ones which change color depending on which angle you look at it. It could be ok on a young person going out st night, but that's about it. Good thing it was cheap.

Popular Blush Products