Canmake Cream Cheek

Cream CheekCream CheekCream Cheek

4.1

on 12/15/2017 11:25:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is the blush that made me start wearing blush consistently. I've always found with blush shades it's far too easy to overdo it, or the color looked either too muddy or chalky-white on my face. But my friend let me try her CL01 (the shade name is Clear Red Heart, which is one of those cases where the shade name actually accurately describes the product's appearance), and I was sold.

It's pure, clear red pigment with nothing else getting in the way, which is important to my coloring as a confirmed Bright Winter. It's a cream blusher, so it blends really well into the skin, and so far I have not had any problems with it lasting poorly or turning greasy.

I wouldn't recommend this for everyone, especially those who find themselves overwhelmed by too-bright colors on the face (and I mean from trial-and-error, not just looking at a pan of really bright blush and getting intimidated by it). And I haven't tried any of the other colors in the line, so I can't speak for those. But I do highly recommend CL01 if you have had success with intense bright blushes in the past (see NARS Desire for a cool version or Exhibit A for a warm version) or just never bothered with blush because the Bobbi Brown type neutrals don't really work for you (and yes, I know BB makes blushes in brighter colors, but in my experience even her brighter offerings contain a substantial amount of brown, which makes them work really well for some women but terribly for others). It's really hard to find cream blushers, doubly so in a bright color, which I find a real shame because I find that cream formulations give a natural kind of flush that powders just can't duplicate.

I also use this on my lips, and am quite fond of the effect... it's the closest thing I can wear to MLBB, when actual MLBB lipsticks often make me look ill.

As for the plastic packaging, I don't mind it so much. It looks flimsy, but it actually holds together much better than a heavier case does. It doesn't accidentally come open in my makeup bag, or shatter when I drop it, and the lack of bulk in the packaging means there's actually a fair amount of product there for the size, which makes it good to carry around (I sometimes carry it in my pocket, if I'm going out for an impromptu date or lunch with friends, and I don't want to carry the whole shebang with me).

Lastly, I've only tried CL01, but I've seen swatches of CL07 (Clear Ruby Cherry) and that has a similar finish to CL01. It's similarly intense in pigmentation, and looks promising if you have a cooler and/or darker skin tone.

Very inexpensive product that gives a natural flush to your cheeks or lips which I love. I bought the pink and red version, the red one looks intense on the packaging but when you apply it it turns to a soft and natural red cheek color and also works well on your lips. I just really love how the color turns out on your face when you apply it, and please note that it blends easily.

I bought the pink one also and it gives a subtle yet very pinky flush to your cheeks which can look overly cute in my opinion. The pink color I find doesn't very well as a lip color because it's so light and makes the lips look a bit pale. Maybe it will look better on people with very bright and pale skin.

on 3/3/2017 4:09:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

This was a super affordable product I bought from Japan. Got the shades in 05 and 07. It is very easy to apply and lasts all through the work day. I dropped one lippie because there's a weird glitter going on when I apply it to my cheeks. Because I have super oily skin, I don't really appreciate glitter. Other than that it's a great blush and an affordable one. Packaging is really good for travelling too. It is also easy to blend and lasts for a long time after application.

on 11/4/2016 10:31:00 AM

I never would`ve thought I could love a 600 JPY (about 6 bucks) drugstore cream blush as much as I do. I`ve seen these around for a while, but to be honest I`ve always been put off by that cutsey clear plastic packaging with a bow because it felt like something a little 16 year old gal would put in her school bag. But TIJ, This is Japan, so gotta roll with the kawaii theme. Anyway, on my last business trip I was really rushed and left without packing a blush, so after checking in my hotel in Tokyo I went to a drugstore and bought this mainly because I was loath to spend more money on yet another blush (I own a ton, and maybe it`s time for a makeup junkie intervention). I am actually pretty impressed: the color (CLO1) is a bright cherry red that sheers out beautifully and lasts even on my oily skin. That packaging is actually pretty convenient to slip into a makeup bag because it doesn`t take space. The size is rather small, but you need so little that after one month of almost daily use I`ve barely made a dent in mine. Definitely a keeper.

on 4/12/2016 8:00:00 PM

I snagged CL01 and CL05 during my Japan holiday trip around 580 yen each! Which is sgd6-7 approx? It was such a great buy! Ever since I got these cream blushers, I forgot about all my other drugstore powder ones. I can't compare to high end brands as i don't have any but these are really pigmented and easily buildable. They last for 6-8 hours. Usually I will add finishing powder to make it last even longer, say 8-10 hours. My favorite is CL05 and I'm nc30 Asian. Note: I apply with my forth finger, kabuki brush or beauty blender. Favorite being the beauty blender!

on 2/28/2016 1:58:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

You know how sometimes you read a review and get annoyed at the reviewer for not understanding the product line? I've had that a little bit today, reading other reviews. No offense to anyone!

~~ HELP! WHICH CANMAKE CREAM CHEEK IS FOR ME? ~~

If you have *oily skin*, a creamy product wont be right for you unless you are happy to set it with powder.

If you have *dry skin/dehydration on your cheekbones*, do NOT buy the regular range of this line. Buy the Clear colours.

There are two ranges - their regular range (I have 05 Sweet Apricot) are all milky creams. What do I mean by that? I mean that the base is not transparent, there is a touch of whiteness in their bases. I would only give this range about a 4 star rating, as I don't believe that a milky base is flattering unless you can pull off the cutesy look, and these also don't blend as nicely as the clear ones do.

The other range is their Clear range (I have all of them!).which are BRILLIANT. Still not suitable for people who get oily all over, but for *normal to dry skins*, these are gems! 5 gold stars for you Glen Coco. You go, Glen Coco!

CLEAR RANGE REVIEW

This is the range that all the J-bloggers are talking about.

These blend easily, seamlessly sinking into your cream base foundation/BB/CC/bare skin for an utlra-natural look. The colours are incredible, and there are shades for all skin tones, something you don't see very often in Japanese ranges. No shimmer, no sparkle, just a natural flush.

You can use your fingers or a brush or sponge, and they are buildable.

Seriously - these are so good. Buy 'em!

Unless your skin is oily, then don't buy 'em!

The packaging like everything else from Canmake is flimsy and the hinges break after a month or two, but at this price who cares?

REGULAR RANGE REVIEW

People are still talking about this product, but on my skin at least, I can't get them to look as natural. If you love the made-up dolly look, you're going to look cute AF wearing these! They're slightly harder to blend IME than the Clear Range, but it's still a great product.

Like the Clear Range, these are comparable to high end cream blushes like Bobbi Brown or MAC. Make sure you look up swatches though, most contain shimmer.

Personally I can't deal with shimmer on the cheeks though, so I'm so completely biased toward the clear range.

~~~~~~~~~

POOKY THAT WAS A LONG REVIEW, PLEASE SUMMARISE?

Regular range (01 etc) is good. Just good. But, the clear range (CL01 etc) is BRILLIANT and if your skin is not oily, you need this. NOW.

on 11/6/2015 7:29:00 AM

A friend of mine introduced this brand to me when we came across it whilst in Japan.This is my very first blush cosmetic product that I've ever bought or used.

I don't recall exactly how much I've bought this for (I believe around 500-600 yen)but it was definitely cheaper compared to being sold in my home country.

I have this in 13. Love Peach and I can't attest to whether it's the best as I've not tried the other shades.

It's quite light and can go almost unnoticeable unless I put a second or third layer. The formula is wonderful: blends real easily and is real smooth. It's long lasting and it would last me for more than a year as I rarely use blushes unless for cosplay. My friend can attest to it lasting long enough even when she uses it almost daily. For that, the price is reasonable.

The packaging reminds one of those cheap albeit cute Magical Girl powder compact cases, downside is that it's not sturdy and I do not recommend accidentally or deliberately dropping it, I've dropped it once and the hinge broke.

on 6/29/2015 1:54:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

I have 05 - Sweet Apricot.

It's a coral orange.
It's a trendy makeup among youngsters because it's cheap.
Celebrities buy it as well.
05 is a versatile color, you can look cute, pretty, neutral =) in any occasion is nice.

PROS:
- Super cheap.
- Creamy texture
- Easy to blend
- Doesn't fade away
- A little shimmery.
- Color is buidable.
- Packing looks like a diamond shape. It's cute.
- Good packing to carry around.
- No Fragrance.

CONS:
Nothing so far.

on 11/26/2014 12:18:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I snagged two of the cream cheek blushes on ebay: CL01 and CL04.
CL01 is a cherry red shade and CL04 is pink with a bit of coral undertones.

First off, I was surprised by how small these blushes are; the package doesn't list the oz/gram amount but it's essentially the size of Lancome single eyeshadow, give or take.
The packaging does leave something to be desired with its clear plastic container. I can see this breaking if I drop it on the floor.

The pigment is soft and sheer so it would be hard to overdo with the cream cheeks. The staying power is good but I like to add a bit of powder blush for that extra oomph.
No breakouts either, as cream blushes can make me break out.

If you're curious about Japanese makeup, this is a decent cream blush but I think there are better ones out there.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

For a dry-skinned girl, it is unfair that powder blushes outnumber cream blushes ten to one. I have heard the reason is that a wider range of colors can be made into powder form. But have you seen how powder blushes look on dry skin? It exaggerates the appearance of pores and does not blend that well on top of foundation, whereas its creamy cousin is much more cooperative. YSL and Le Mtier de Beaut both make good cream blushes, but this one by Canmake does the drugstore proud. The color I have is 01, which is a standard baby doll pink with the subtle glitter that comes with all Canmake's cream cheek products. The pink isn't exceptional by any measure. In fact, my main beef with drugstore makeup is the unimaginative color palette, moreso than the packaging or the staying power. Canmake is no different in that regard. The swatches shown on various blogs, through some magical filter, all look warm and wearable, but in real life they all bear a neon tint. But once I stopped hoping for an exceptional color, I have come to love how buildable and natural-looking this is. This goes on lighter than it looks, mixes with foundation well, and helps create a healthy glow that doesn't feel heavy-handed. I also use it as a base for powder blushes to make them last longer. Finally, it is portable and ideal for touching up. If I find another wearable color, I'm definitely getting that too.