Canmake Cream Cheek

Cream CheekCream CheekCream Cheek

on 3/3/2017 4:09:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

This was a super affordable product I bought from Japan. Got the shades in 05 and 07. It is very easy to apply and lasts all through the work day. I dropped one lippie because there's a weird glitter going on when I apply it to my cheeks. Because I have super oily skin, I don't really appreciate glitter. Other than that it's a great blush and an affordable one. Packaging is really good for travelling too. It is also easy to blend and lasts for a long time after application.

on 11/4/2016 10:31:00 AM

I never would`ve thought I could love a 600 JPY (about 6 bucks) drugstore cream blush as much as I do. I`ve seen these around for a while, but to be honest I`ve always been put off by that cutsey clear plastic packaging with a bow because it felt like something a little 16 year old gal would put in her school bag. But TIJ, This is Japan, so gotta roll with the kawaii theme. Anyway, on my last business trip I was really rushed and left without packing a blush, so after checking in my hotel in Tokyo I went to a drugstore and bought this mainly because I was loath to spend more money on yet another blush (I own a ton, and maybe it`s time for a makeup junkie intervention). I am actually pretty impressed: the color (CLO1) is a bright cherry red that sheers out beautifully and lasts even on my oily skin. That packaging is actually pretty convenient to slip into a makeup bag because it doesn`t take space. The size is rather small, but you need so little that after one month of almost daily use I`ve barely made a dent in mine. Definitely a keeper.

on 4/12/2016 8:00:00 PM

I snagged CL01 and CL05 during my Japan holiday trip around 580 yen each! Which is sgd6-7 approx? It was such a great buy! Ever since I got these cream blushers, I forgot about all my other drugstore powder ones. I can't compare to high end brands as i don't have any but these are really pigmented and easily buildable. They last for 6-8 hours. Usually I will add finishing powder to make it last even longer, say 8-10 hours. My favorite is CL05 and I'm nc30 Asian. Note: I apply with my forth finger, kabuki brush or beauty blender. Favorite being the beauty blender!

on 2/28/2016 1:58:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

You know how sometimes you read a review and get annoyed at the reviewer for not understanding the product line? I've had that a little bit today, reading other reviews. No offense to anyone!

~~ HELP! WHICH CANMAKE CREAM CHEEK IS FOR ME? ~~

If you have *oily skin*, a creamy product wont be right for you unless you are happy to set it with powder.

If you have *dry skin/dehydration on your cheekbones*, do NOT buy the regular range of this line. Buy the Clear colours.

There are two ranges - their regular range (I have 05 Sweet Apricot) are all milky creams. What do I mean by that? I mean that the base is not transparent, there is a touch of whiteness in their bases. I would only give this range about a 4 star rating, as I don't believe that a milky base is flattering unless you can pull off the cutesy look, and these also don't blend as nicely as the clear ones do.

The other range is their Clear range (I have all of them!).which are BRILLIANT. Still not suitable for people who get oily all over, but for *normal to dry skins*, these are gems! 5 gold stars for you Glen Coco. You go, Glen Coco!

CLEAR RANGE REVIEW

This is the range that all the J-bloggers are talking about.

These blend easily, seamlessly sinking into your cream base foundation/BB/CC/bare skin for an utlra-natural look. The colours are incredible, and there are shades for all skin tones, something you don't see very often in Japanese ranges. No shimmer, no sparkle, just a natural flush.

You can use your fingers or a brush or sponge, and they are buildable.

Seriously - these are so good. Buy 'em!

Unless your skin is oily, then don't buy 'em!

The packaging like everything else from Canmake is flimsy and the hinges break after a month or two, but at this price who cares?

REGULAR RANGE REVIEW

People are still talking about this product, but on my skin at least, I can't get them to look as natural. If you love the made-up dolly look, you're going to look cute AF wearing these! They're slightly harder to blend IME than the Clear Range, but it's still a great product.

Like the Clear Range, these are comparable to high end cream blushes like Bobbi Brown or MAC. Make sure you look up swatches though, most contain shimmer.

Personally I can't deal with shimmer on the cheeks though, so I'm so completely biased toward the clear range.

~~~~~~~~~

POOKY THAT WAS A LONG REVIEW, PLEASE SUMMARISE?

Regular range (01 etc) is good. Just good. But, the clear range (CL01 etc) is BRILLIANT and if your skin is not oily, you need this. NOW.

on 11/6/2015 7:29:00 AM

A friend of mine introduced this brand to me when we came across it whilst in Japan.This is my very first blush cosmetic product that I've ever bought or used.

I don't recall exactly how much I've bought this for (I believe around 500-600 yen)but it was definitely cheaper compared to being sold in my home country.

I have this in 13. Love Peach and I can't attest to whether it's the best as I've not tried the other shades.

It's quite light and can go almost unnoticeable unless I put a second or third layer. The formula is wonderful: blends real easily and is real smooth. It's long lasting and it would last me for more than a year as I rarely use blushes unless for cosplay. My friend can attest to it lasting long enough even when she uses it almost daily. For that, the price is reasonable.

The packaging reminds one of those cheap albeit cute Magical Girl powder compact cases, downside is that it's not sturdy and I do not recommend accidentally or deliberately dropping it, I've dropped it once and the hinge broke.

on 6/29/2015 1:54:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

I have 05 - Sweet Apricot.

It's a coral orange.
It's a trendy makeup among youngsters because it's cheap.
Celebrities buy it as well.
05 is a versatile color, you can look cute, pretty, neutral =) in any occasion is nice.

PROS:
- Super cheap.
- Creamy texture
- Easy to blend
- Doesn't fade away
- A little shimmery.
- Color is buidable.
- Packing looks like a diamond shape. It's cute.
- Good packing to carry around.
- No Fragrance.

CONS:
Nothing so far.

on 11/26/2014 12:18:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I snagged two of the cream cheek blushes on ebay: CL01 and CL04.
CL01 is a cherry red shade and CL04 is pink with a bit of coral undertones.

First off, I was surprised by how small these blushes are; the package doesn't list the oz/gram amount but it's essentially the size of Lancome single eyeshadow, give or take.
The packaging does leave something to be desired with its clear plastic container. I can see this breaking if I drop it on the floor.

The pigment is soft and sheer so it would be hard to overdo with the cream cheeks. The staying power is good but I like to add a bit of powder blush for that extra oomph.
No breakouts either, as cream blushes can make me break out.

If you're curious about Japanese makeup, this is a decent cream blush but I think there are better ones out there.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

For a dry-skinned girl, it is unfair that powder blushes outnumber cream blushes ten to one. I have heard the reason is that a wider range of colors can be made into powder form. But have you seen how powder blushes look on dry skin? It exaggerates the appearance of pores and does not blend that well on top of foundation, whereas its creamy cousin is much more cooperative. YSL and Le Mtier de Beaut both make good cream blushes, but this one by Canmake does the drugstore proud. The color I have is 01, which is a standard baby doll pink with the subtle glitter that comes with all Canmake's cream cheek products. The pink isn't exceptional by any measure. In fact, my main beef with drugstore makeup is the unimaginative color palette, moreso than the packaging or the staying power. Canmake is no different in that regard. The swatches shown on various blogs, through some magical filter, all look warm and wearable, but in real life they all bear a neon tint. But once I stopped hoping for an exceptional color, I have come to love how buildable and natural-looking this is. This goes on lighter than it looks, mixes with foundation well, and helps create a healthy glow that doesn't feel heavy-handed. I also use it as a base for powder blushes to make them last longer. Finally, it is portable and ideal for touching up. If I find another wearable color, I'm definitely getting that too.

i kinda have a love hate relationship with this product.
Lets start of with the good thing first.
i LOVE the texture of this cream blush its really creamy and its by far the most pigmented cream blush I've ever used. The staying power is awesome and it doesn't have that greasy nor powdery finish, its really natural.
Bad things are most shades are cool tone which i do not prefer so i only got no. 05. i think its call sweet apricot... not sure. what i hate the most about it is there are tons of glitter in it! i don't know why i didn't realize there are so much glitter in it at first.
I got this 2 years ago and i heard that they've made a new formula with less shimmer/glitter, so i'll probably get another and see if there are less glitter as the price are quite cheap too.

on 6/20/2012 9:02:00 PM

I like the packaging of this product. But then I feel like Cream cheek is not the thing for me. I prefer cheek powder comes with an applicator but this one does not. I think the cream cheek is hard to blend on my face. Also, the pot gets messy as every time you apply it by fingers. It's pigmented but inconvenient to apply. I also dont like the jelly, creamy, sticky like texture. I prefer powder.

Popular Blush Products