Givenchy Prisme Again Passionate Light

No Image

1 review

I have had this pressed powder for five years now and still have not finished it. It's not that there's a whole lot of product in the compact or that I don't like using it, it's that after I took the compact out of the cardboard container, it lasted for two weeks before the hinges broke in my purse. In theory the compact should have made me very happy because it was refillable, small, light, had a nice mirror under the lid, and there was a compartment below the powder that had a functioning brush (a rarity, and I'm keeping it even if I throw out the broken compact). Too bad the plastic for the compact was too brittle. Now I have to be extremely careful when I open the compact so that the powder does not fall out. I even took it to a Givenchy counter and asked if they could replace it or if I could buy a new compact to put the powder into, but they did not sell empty compacts (and they did not even sell Prisme Again in Passionate Light!).

Now that I'm done complaining about the packaging, I want to tell you why I think this product is worth it (for me): Givenchy's pressed powder/highlighting powder compacts are only slightly more expensive than some products in Australian drugstores (pharmacies). Today I saw 15 grams of L'Oreal loose powder selling for $30AUD. If I have to pay that much for powder at a drugstore, I'd rather buy Givenchy or even Guerlain, which is famously expensive yet when I did a cost per gram analysis with the L'Oreal, Guerlain was cheaper (that's our import tax for you).

Now that I've mentioned Guerlain, I might as well say that Passionate Light is similar to Les Meteorites Mythic. Passionate Light contains a pink, yellow, lavendar, and peach highlight shade, which imparts a soft glow to my complexion... actually, if I look at my face closely after application I can see some glitters, but they are not obvious unless I'm four inches from the mirror. This powder does a good job of mattifying my face after I use sunscreen without adding any sort of colour to my complexion or making my face too matte. Passionate Light is probably less matte than Guerlain Mythic pressed powder. I have combination sensitive skin and I have not had problems (hope I never have problems) using this powder.

Now... if only I could track down a replacement for when I run out of the stuff. Has Passionate Light been discontinued? Or was it exclusive to Asia? I got it when I went on holiday in Malaysia. I want some more! If any one knows where to get some more of this stuff, please send me a message. I've tried the strawberry etailer and evil-bay, nothing.