3.6

package quality

price range

Reviews

9 years ago

I have a strong aversion to the original Chloe...it smells awful on me and only smelled 'clean' in a bathroom cleaner sort of way. This was given to me by the Nordstrom sales associate, and I immediately loved the smell out of the bottle. I didn't love it on my skin at first, but I think the dry down is fantastic. To me, this is what the original Chloe promised but did not deliver. Clean, light, elegant and sophisticated. A powdery floral, but not too powdery...and definitely not sweet. I can't stop smelling my arm when I have this on. It feels very feminine and grown up...a good alternative to my normally musky, sensual smelling perfumes (though this is sensual in a different way). So happy I tried it! The only downside is it is definitely pricey...

About reviewer (7 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

EyesHazel

2.0

9 years ago

I do not like this at all. to me it smells like dirty laundry with some leftovers of different floral fragrances and deodorants which used to smell good. it also fades VERY quickly. meh.

About reviewer (30 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

EyesGreen

9 years ago

This is a beautiful powdery floral scent. I spritzed it on in the store and then walked around with it on while shopping and it kept haunting me. I had to have it. It's like nothing else I've every worn. I think it's destined to become a classic. Very grown up, chic, romantic and rich... that's how I would describe it.

About reviewer (243 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Other, Other

9 years ago

Oh... my... gosh... this perfume is EVERYTHING I've been looking for! I am in love with it. I really like powdery perfumes, and I too have been on the hunt for my signature scent for a very long time. I have been through all of the great Chanels and Guerlains like many others have on here, but this perfume far surpasses them all. It is BEAUTIFUL! Very, very soft and subtle, yet very captivating and unique at the same time. It is so pretty and sophisticated, without being too mature and "old ladyish". I am VERY confident that after searching for so long, I have finally found my signature. Thank god they came out with this! It's as if they made it for me. PLEASE do not be alarmed by the price. It is without a doubt expensive, but ABSOLUTELY worth it! If you are looking for a light, powdery, unique perfume... GET THIS!!!! :)

About reviewer (11 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

9 years ago

This fragrance will be a classic. Absolutely lovely, feminine, soft, yet long-lasting, & memorable. It's going to be my signature fragrance for a very long time, if not for always... and I've done my searching through more bottles of Chanel, Dior, & Guerlain than I cared to admit. Any former Tova fragrance lover in mourning needs to try Love, Chloe. I cannot believe how similar it is to Tova before the tragic QVC assimilation that robbed that fragrance of every molecule of beauty it once possessed. Love, Chloe is gorgeous.

About reviewer (7 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

EyesBlue

from

9 years ago

Initially intended on buying the Chloe EDT because I wasn't too impressed with the smell of Love, Chloe from the bottle or on the blotter. It smelled entirely too powdery and old lady-ish. Upon recommendation from a sales associate, I tested it on my skin and boy did my view on this change! It warmed up and it's just this sensual scent that I just can't get enough of. I'm usually one who gravitates towards sweet, girly scents and this is just the perfect perfume that is mature but still young at heart. By the way, I purchased the 50 ml. and it's the perfect size for my purse. I love the fact that the cap is chained to the bottle because with other perfumes the cap always gets lost and results in unwanted spritzes and wasted product. So, kudos to the cute and intelligent packaging.

About reviewer (14 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

HairBrown, Curly, Fine

9 years ago

Yes, it's more powder than flowers. But it's not the sort of powderiness that will make you smell like a granny or a baby's bum. There's nothing sharp or synthetic about it. It smells like really good quality make-up with some lovely lilac and orange blossom. Love, Chloe isn't loud or harsh or attention-seeking. It whispers sophistication rather than shouts it. Just my kind of fragrance. Notes: orange blossom, pink pepper, iris absolute, lilac, hyacinth, wisteria blossom, heliotropine, powdery musks, talc and rice powder.

About reviewer (169 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrown, Curly, Medium

9 years ago

Very feminine and sophisticated smell. Im the type of person who doesnt react well to perfume. When i first sprayed love chloe to my skin i didnt particularly love it as its too powdery for me but after half and hour or so it started to tone down and it smelled clean, soapy, fresh, warm and gorgeous on my skin. Finally i have found the one that reacts really well with my bodu chemistry. Its long lasting too. Love love love LOVE CHLOE!

About reviewer (23 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Medium, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

9 years ago

I got this because Chloe 2008 is a fragrance for lifetime, reviews here were great and the first snif on the counter felt great. Ended up buying it on line for a fraction of the price that it'd cost me on the counter (it is pricey!). It is powdery, it does reminds of HE cosmetics scent specially pressed powder. It also reminds me of the smell of when you snif the inside of a cigar pack, also reminds me of roasted chestnuts. Yep all of this. It is a very elegant perfume I should say, proper for grown up ones and perfect for work environment. I wouldn't call it sexy. The bottle is the most beautiful one I've ever seen, I feel really fancy pulling it out of my purse LOL. I may get tired of it eventually because it is so powdery. Therefore I won't probably buy it again.

About reviewer (316 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium, Warm

HairBlond, Straight, Medium

EyesOther

3.0

9 years ago

Out of the woods. That's what I've been looking for. Tired of woody, cedar-y incens-y scents i've been craving clean soapy powder. Something which I can wear to work on days when Chanel 19 is too angry, Caleche is too racy, and No 5 is too vavavoom. Reading the description of Love, Chloe as inspired by Coty's airspun powder, I hoofed it over to Saks to try some. Initially, the opening is indeed powdery, but without any touch of vanilla or sweetener. There is reminiscence of YSL's Paris and Balenciaga's Le Dix in the overall sense of primness and prettiness. I wish more of the iris present in the first wet blast came out to play longer. In many ways this is an "almost" scent. There are enough facets of it that I really like and it's almost "there", but not quite. This is not a scent for butch days. This is the scent of pretty, clean, girly, and, well- yes- boring young maidens. The thing is, the initial blast is the part I really really like. It has no cloying aldehydes in it, no hit-you-over-the-head violet of Lipstick Rose. It's soft but definitely has a backbone. No, it's not perfume mastery, but it totally fits the bill for that clean, put-together, work-appropriate scent. However, very quickly the heart of Love, Chloe appears. And it's - you guessed it - Chloe. The hyacinth/rose screechiness that sent me running away from my first whiff and won it the disdain of Luca Turin and Chandler Burr appears and really stays for the duration, although it is toned down a bit by the reformulation. But can I blame a Chloe flanker for smelling like Chloe? Really, no. And there is still enough of that clean/freshly-washed character in there that a small bottle may find its way in the rotation. Lasting power is excellent and sillage is quite decent.

About reviewer (197 reviews)

Age44-55