BaByliss Pro Pro 230 Elegance Straightener

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

- - - - - - - - - -
The product
- - - - - - - - - -

This limited edition version of Babyliss' Pro 230 line of straighteners has been designed to be more user friendly, so it's lighter then earlier models and the ceramic plates are 25% longer than standard Pro 230 releases.

The Babyliss Elegance series includes a blueberry coloured hairdryer, for those of you that likes to have everything matching.

- - - - - -
Usage
- - - - - -

The ELEGANCE has three different heat settings [180.c, 200.c and 230.c] making it easy to pick the right temperature for your hair type [lowest for fine hair, middle setting for medium, highest for coarse hair], instead of making do with one setting like many other brands do.

The main difference to the ELEGANCE - compared to my other Pro 230 straighteners - is the length and width of the ceramic plates. They are thinner and longer then my other pro 230', so they heat up extremely quickly (15 seconds); great for when you're in a rush.

Also, the slim plates have a rounded edge, making them great for adding flicks and waves to your hair, without dragging or snapping your hair. Putting the words 'Nano titanium' in front of ceramic to describe the plates meant nothing to me, so didn't help sway me, but I can honestly say that I do feel a difference - there is noticeably less of that pulling sensation during straightening and/or styling.

The ELEGANCE comes with a heat resistant carry pouch [in the same shade of blueberry] and four divider clips [also blueberry toned] to help make styling even easier.

- - - - - - - - -
Verdict
- - - - - - - - -

My hair is coarse, below shoulder length and permed, let it only takes 10/15 minutes to straighten my hair, even taking the slimmer plates into consideration. It takes around 15 minutes to straighten my hair using my Pro 230 Radiance too, but the difference in the weight is immediately obvious, so I much prefer to use this set as my arms don't ache or cramp up during styling.

The ELEGANCE is very easy to use; it's lightweight, comes with a long swivel cord to make it easier to style the back of your hair and they're easy to grip. Plus, although it has no bearing on the product's function, I am fond of the cheerful colour.

I think the ELEGANCE would make a great gift as not only is the quality great, but it is also pleasing to the eye.

- - - - -
Price
- - - - -

The straighteners cost 80 in store, but are available online for half the price.

Popular Hair Styling Tools