Collection 2000 Big Fake Mascara

Filtered by hair type : Straight
Collection 2000 Big Fake Mascara

3.0

What a big piece of fake mascara! Did not work for me at all. Gave my lashes little volume and very little length. Plus it would smudge on me by the end of day! Also, irritated my eyes after a few days of using it. It reminds me of Benefit Badgal mascara in terms of the wand (it is pretty big) and consistency. The one I got was really dry and have to put on loads of coats to get the volume I want. Not sure if that's how they are as some reviews below say otherwise. But will definitely NOT be repurchasing or using this again.

on 12/4/2011 9:05:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

What a complete disappointment.

I had my eye on this mascara for a long time and finally bought it last week thinking that I would finally give it a shot and my goodness, did I waste my money.

On the tube, this claims to lengthen and volumize, giving your lashes a waterproof false lash effect. I found none of this to be the case.
The wand, not unlike Urban Decay's Big Fatty is too big to actually work with and the product combined with that factor makes my eyelashes look clumpy, cheap and even the cheap highstreet price tag of 4.99 seems cheap for this ghastly product.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

The brush is big, not as big as the CoverGirl Lash Blast or Maybelline Colossal. More like the Rimmel Max Volume Flash. The consistency is quite dry and thick which in my opinion holds a curl much more better than a wetter formula. I was quite impressed with both the volume and length it gave me. My lashes are quite short so this made them stand out rather well with two coats. Layering isn't a big problem, however it does clump a little. I wore it for the day and didn't notice any flakes or smudging, however my lashes did feel alot harder than they usually do with mascara.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I had heard a lot of great things about this mascara so I picked it up, but it doesn't work for me as well as I'd hope. I find the brush is waaay to large for me. I have quite small eyes and very short lashes. So what I do is I use the Big Fake lash on the roots of my lashes to give them a bit of volume and then go over it with my Sexy Curves to get some length. I wouldn't repurchase this since I do have to use 2 products to make the mascara work for me.

on 10/25/2010 11:17:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse

Sam and Nic have recently been using Collection 2000's BIG FAKE mascara for their Pixiwoo tutorials, so naturally I needed to try it for myself and it didn't disappoint. It gives me the same results of beautifully separated, evenly coated, non-clumpy lashes, with a rich colour [mine is ultra black. It also comes in black and brown/black]. I was really impressed by it's thickening ability, each time I've used it. The one thing that it doesn't do is lengthen my lashes. However the makers don't claim that it will, so no harm there.

Honestly; The results are the same on me as Benefit's Bad Gal Lash and Christian Dior's Diorshow mascara, only this is a third of the price [BIG FAKE is 5].

Yes - the brush is big, but no bigger then Diorshow, Bad Gal Lash or similar, so if you're used to then you shouldn't have any problems with BIG FAKE. The size of the brush is great as it separates, fans and slightly curls lashes, right from the roots to the tips, so my eyes really pop.

I do have one issue; This is a pain to remove. This hasn't put me off - this is my favourite mascara at the minute - but, yeah, I'll have to point that out.