Collection 2000 Big Fake Mascara

Collection 2000 Big Fake Mascara

2.9

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I had pretty high expectations for this mascara, mainly because of the massive brush... No such luck. It didn't do much for my lashes. Firstly it was too dry or something, like barely any product came out at all. I still like the brush but I guess because it was all dried up it just couldn't do anything based on the brush only.. Maybe I just got a bad one, anyway I'm sorry it didn't work for me because it seemed perfect!

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I think lots of companies give us huge brushes to make us think that we will get big lashes. Benefit have this habit and this mascara is the same, the massive brush is just useless. I can't get any mascara onto my lashes and it takes 5 coats and a LOT of mess on my eyelids (due to the massive brush) to actually get any results. Not buying again, already looking for a replacement.

on 9/14/2010 11:56:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

What? Only 3 lipsticks your giving it? I don't think it's that bad. I mean yes the brush is a bit massive but that's actually the good thing about it. I really enjoy the product and it was only about 5 at superdrug. I recommend it. And no it doesn't clump massivley.

on 10/25/2010 11:17:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse

Sam and Nic have recently been using Collection 2000's BIG FAKE mascara for their Pixiwoo tutorials, so naturally I needed to try it for myself and it didn't disappoint. It gives me the same results of beautifully separated, evenly coated, non-clumpy lashes, with a rich colour [mine is ultra black. It also comes in black and brown/black]. I was really impressed by it's thickening ability, each time I've used it. The one thing that it doesn't do is lengthen my lashes. However the makers don't claim that it will, so no harm there.

Honestly; The results are the same on me as Benefit's Bad Gal Lash and Christian Dior's Diorshow mascara, only this is a third of the price [BIG FAKE is 5].

Yes - the brush is big, but no bigger then Diorshow, Bad Gal Lash or similar, so if you're used to then you shouldn't have any problems with BIG FAKE. The size of the brush is great as it separates, fans and slightly curls lashes, right from the roots to the tips, so my eyes really pop.

I do have one issue; This is a pain to remove. This hasn't put me off - this is my favourite mascara at the minute - but, yeah, I'll have to point that out.

on 11/8/2010 7:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I also bought this after watching Sam and Nic Pixiwoo tutorials.

I really like this mascara, as it does not clump and lasts all day. Also gives great volume to the lashes.

I was not expecting much but I really like it. I will be repurchasing again. At 5, its a bargain!

on 11/30/2010 9:44:00 AM

I am really amazingly impressed by this mascara and it really does give me voluminous lashes! I really really struggle to find a cheap mascara that I actually like, and have been using YSL False Lash Effect mascara for as long as I can remember and although this isn't an exact dupe in terms of the final effect, it comes pretty darn close and I LOVE that is is 4.99 which is such a bargain to the 21.50 I shell out constantly for the YSL mascara. I will definitely repurchase and think for a high street/ drugstore mascara it is really fab!

on 12/21/2010 12:17:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Like another reviewer I bought this after watching the Sam and Nic Pixiwoo videos on Youtube. I was pleasantly surprised. I had been tempted to buy the Benefit Bad Gal mascara but this is less than half the price.

What has it got going for it? Firstly, I love the quirkey name - Big Fake - and the packaging is fun as well. It has a big brush which coats all the lashes very well. (Sometimes I manage to get it on my eyelids, though that happend with most mascaras.) The finish is excellent. I didn't think it was that great until I saw me in a photo wearing the ultra black shade.

I was slightly concerned when I realised that this mascara is waterproof. I usually avoid waterproff mascaras like the plague but this comes off fairly easity with an ordinary eyemakeup remeover. It doesn't smudge and it doesn't flake. I have it in two colours - brown black and whatever the blackest shade is called.

on 1/5/2011 6:11:00 AM

Yet another person who bought this mascara as per Pixiwoo's recommendation! I wasn't sold when I first heard about it. I figured, cheap mascara equals not great payoff - wrong!
It's a huge brush and I think the formula is perfect for building up volume and length. I really like the look of my lashes, and the best thing? My lashes don't look spiky!
For 4.99 it's definitely worth a try if you're interested in drugstore brands.
Two thumps way, way up!

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

I was highly disappointed with this mascara. The brush is ridiculously big...I do not have small eyes, but the brush was just too big for me. It'd catch the skin around my eyes no matter how careful I was. The mascara itself was medicore - minimal length and no volume. I did like the rich black colour though.

EDIT: I now like this for an *everyday* *natural* mascara. It doesn't look like I'm wearing mascara but defines them and adds colour. It also works well for layering ontop of another mascara.

on 1/16/2011 5:56:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

I had heard a lot about this mascara but didn't take much interest at first. Collection 2000 is known for being a cheap makeup brand (in the UK) and it carried a stigma with it. When i was growing up, the brand was cheap- looked cheap and was useless. I don't know what happened but the brand reinvented itself and got good!!
The mascara is really nice. It makes my lashes long and the colour is very black- it doesn't do much for volume in my opinion though. The brush is really big so if you have a problem using big brushes, this mascara isn't for you. I have smallish almond shaped eyes but i find the brush ok to use.
The best thing about it is the price- 5! I have paid 4x/5x as much for HE mascaras that have been crap (yes ysl im talking to you!).
For how affordable it is, give it a try, i thought i wouldn't like it but i was so surprised!