MAC Cosmetics Eye Shadow - Omega

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive

4.5

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I like it to even out my eyelids. My eyelids are the colour of MAC saddle overall, but pink and brown in other areas, I mean overall they are quite dark but uneven, compared to the rest of my skin.

Even if I conceal (not too much) they have an uneven tinge which you wouldn’t think mattered much except that when I apply this as a base shadow lightly it totally evens it out and looks natural. This as a smooth wash (not a crease colour as my skin is darker than this) totally makes my eyes look better (bigger too somehow) without looking made-up.

If I use Blanc Type, Retrospeck, Ricepaper, etc as a sole wash prior to other colours or on their own, they don’t work for a real natural effect. Look either ashy or muddied.

This is colour correcting and the slight green-grey in it brings out my eye colour and makes my eyes look healthy, strangely enough. My green colour corrector doesn’t work for this purpose as well as this, because they blended it so perfectly.

It goes well with Charcoal brown, twinks, brun or embark as a natural looking contour/soften eyeliner for days I want to use subtle makeup.
Has never irritated my v. Sensitive eyes/skin

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

Such an elegant and versatile eyeshadow! I use it almost every day on its own (after some building you get some beautiful, natural depth), or under Coquette, Espresso, or even Print in the evenings. It is also perfect for my practically black eyebrows - it gives them some definition without making them look harsh at all. Perfect! I will surely repurchase!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I have no idea how I survived without this eyeshadow before I picked this gem up. It is my go to for everything! I am pale nw13, blonde hair and green eyes. I use this for brows, transition and light contour. If you are struggling to find a contour or brow product that doesn't pull warm or red, you seriously need this in your life. I was using anastasia brow wiz in taupe, but now that I've gone lighter with my hair, it did not match anymore. So I bought this 2 months ago and I've used it every single day since then, no exaggeration.
When I first bought this, it seemed dry, I would shudder feeling my brush drag on the pan- but I think that was the protective layer. Now that I'm thru that, it does not feel dry at all.
My go to look for the past month has been this in the crease, mac painterly paint pot (ssometimes I put a light matte pink shade over) and mascara. It just looks so fresh and natural. If I want a little more depth, I'll add a wedge over omega. Love love love.

Bottom line I absolutely love this shade and it is a must for pale folks struggling to find the perfect contour or transition shade. If you are blonde and cannot find a decent brow color without red undertones, you need this! I will definitely be re purchasing

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

This is a good cool toned taupe-ish light brown option for PPP. Light enough to be used all over the lid or a crease. It's also very flattering for hazel eyes and seems to bring out the green!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

First off, I should point out that I've never used this product as an eye shadow. It is in no way to my tastes for that purpose. I use it as a contour powder and I adore it. I am extremely pale and have always had huge amounts of trouble finding contouring products that didn't make me look like there was dirt smeared on my face. I had basically given up on ever finding one when I saw a review by a beauty blogger (who was almost as pale as I am) saying that this was her HG contour product. I decided to give it a try and I am SO happy that I did! I apply this on top of my fountain using a MAC 168 brush and then swirl some translucent powder over the top. Hello cheekbones! It has really helped me add polish to my look while taking very little time. I would recommend trying it to anyone who has pale, cool-toned skin as a contouring powder.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

One of my absolute favorite MAC shadows! Omega is a matte, medium brown-taupe that seems to stay true to its color. It applies perfectly all over the lid, or can be used in the crease as a transitional color. This eyeshadow is a perfect neutral for my skin tone, and looks sexy with Mac Patina or Mulch in the crease. Very pretty! I also love pairing this with Mac Satin Taupe in the crease for a flawless smoky brown eye! Mac Omega seems pretty simple in the pan, but glides on so buttery and pigmented onto eyelids. It's so soft and smooth, it looks more satin-y on the lid. With its quality and versatility, it is a must have!
I love how this shadow goes with my features. It is completely neutral, not too cool, not too warm, just the perfect amount of each. My blue eyes pop with this eyeshadow, and illuminates with my red auburn hair and light skin.
I think that Omega is a vital shadow to have in a make up collection. Completely beautiful!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

The is a mighty fine light gray-brown eyeshadow. And silly me, I'd put off buying it for a long time since it looked sort of blah in real life and online. But I finally succumbed due to Mac's ever helpful free shipping offers-which frequently draw me in like a siren dooms sailors to the rocks- and it turns out to be a brilliant neutral crease color for my light, peachy redhead's skin. Oddly enough, it's a better mlbb crease color than my warmer light brown crease shades (soft brown, bamboo, kid) due to the cool tones contrasting against my skin better. And it's better for my nc20 skin than copperplate since omega is a much lighter, cool brown as opposed to copperplate's dark, almost true gray tone. And there's the extra bonus pleasure that Omega can be used as a brow shadow should I want slightly darker, more dramatic brows. Very nice, indeed.

I'm very fair skinned (NC 15) with light golden blond hair/eyebrows/lashes. I need very light colors, and a light hand, or else I risk looking garish. I bought this eyeshadow hoping for an easy, natural color that I could use on my entire lid. It *almost* succeeds. It's a pretty good crease color, but it's a bit too dark for me to wear across my lid during the daytime. I can wear it as a lid color at nighttime. I like that it's matte (I prefer matte, or low lustre, for day wear).

Overall, I'd describe this as okay; not great, not terrible. I won't buy it again. I'll try other products before considering this again. However, I think that for most light skinned women this color would work well. I'm just too fair to successfully pull it off during the day as an all over color. Other than that, it's a nice product with decent staying power and texture.

I LOVE this shade!! So much so that i have two refill discs and a pot of this in my make up collection at the mo! :)
It's a must have shade.

Omega is a basic brown which doesn't do much for me. The formula is great, but there are numerous colours which look much better on me. I wouldn't repurchase this colour. Me: N1/NC15, blue eyes, blonde hair.