Filtered by skin type : Sensitive age: 25-29

on 5/21/2013 5:09:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I have super oily skin, a lot of uneven tone, and some large pores. I'm also pretty pale (NW 10) and often have a hard time finding shades light enough for me. I really like this product. I was a little worried after reading so many people saying it was gray, but it isn't much of an issue with me. It does go on a bit dull looking but then it matches me perfectly. Working in a department store I've tried a lot of designer, prestige, and professional foundations. I find myself reaching for this most often. It definitely isn't full coverage, it's medium at best. But a little goes a long way and it's perfect for those days where you don't want to wear makeup but you have to run errands or something, and wearing just foundation would look silly. This doesn't help with my oily skin but it doesn't make it worse either. I do find that after blotting I look more matte than normal, which is awesome. Also, a little goes a long way with this. Possibly worth noting, I sometimes use milk of magnesia on my face and combined with this I felt a bit dry. It doesn't have the best staying power ever but some setting spray helps. Overall, great for every day wear and doesn't break me out.

Edit 8/8/14:
I don't love this so much anymore. I'll occasionally reach for it when I'll be home all day and want something quick that I can apply with my fingers, but it just leaves my face feeling sticky and gross. I used a sample of the gold one and loved that, I might check it out. I feel now that the overall rating wouldn't be more than a 3 for me. I just don't like the sticky feeling and it's kind of dark for me now. I like Holika Holika way better.

on 3/11/2013 10:42:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

To be honest, I've been using the fake one for the longest time but didn't know until recently, when I bought a real one. My sis had the pink label and I've been using it ever since and realized afterwards that it was the fake packaging. Nonetheless, the real and fake apply quite similarly, just a slight difference in texture in that the real one is more smooth. Honestly, I'm probably an NC 25-35 (depending on the year) and I think this bb cream blends in well with my skin. I think many people forget that this bb cream has to oxidize in order for it to match the skin so when it does, it does not leave my face with a grey cast. The texture is quite smooth and it comes in a pump form which is good for hygienic reasons. However, it is not very compact for traveling so I would not travel with it but rather take another bb cream instead as it's quite bulky. I don't notice any smell to it either which is good for people who have sensitivity to fragrance. When I use this bb cream, I don't pump an entire pump out; I probably only pump half of it as half already covers my face well. It doesn't provide full coverage, more like light to medium. So if there's any redness or imperfections that need to be covered up, a concealer is probably recommended. I find that if I apply a full pump, I feel my face gets heavy and bit cakey. It does give a dewy look which some people may or may not like. I apply a setting powder on top of it to help mattify it a bit and to help it stay on the day longer and absorb oil. It doesn't feel sticky after applying and would blend well if people wear cream blushes or what not. Overall, I think this is a good bb cream and would recommend it. I'll always be purchasing bb creams to test out different products so not a HG yet for me! But it's always nice to have one on hand :)

on 2/8/2013 2:48:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I love this product for many reasons. It gives my skin a dewy glow and it doesn't look cakey. I actually thought it might be making my skin look healthier after I took it off, but I recently had a hormonal acne breakout so it's hard to say.

I have very fair (like basically see through) skin that tends to be dry in spots (T-zone mostly), sensitive, and prone to hormonal breakouts at everyone's favourite time of month. It oxidized to my skin tone almost immediately (if I put moisturizer on underneath, it took a little longer). Most of the time I didn't have to use moisturizer at all, which shocked me because the dry parts of my face are REALLY dry, especially in the winter. But this moisturized my skin perfectly.

I would say it's medium to light coverage - it covers minor skin discolourations, but it won't be covering any of your larger blemishes, which I recently found out when I had my breakout.

Now for the not-so-awesome things about it. It wears off very easily, so if you're going out somewhere and need your makeup to stay put all night, you should either use a different regime altogether, or build on top of the BB cream with powder.

It doesn't cover your pores (I have bigger ones than most people, and it barely faded them). You may want to use a primer underneath, or some other pore-minimizing cream, before putting the BB cream on.

The only other problem I had with it was the fact that you can't see into the bottle to find out how much is left. It's not a big deal or anything, just kind of annoying.

Please make sure before you purchase this product that you have found a reputable seller. I used seller bhg8988a on eBay and double checked the authenticity before I put it on, and it's 100% legitimate.

I would recommend this product to anyone who has pretty clear skin to begin with and not much to cover in the way of discolourations/pimples/etc.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

First of all, I've tried Skin79 hot pink, Skin79 Prestige Diamond, Missha Perfect Cover and Dr. Jart Black Label. After the prestige diamond, Skin79 hot pink is best. If you are looking for a very light, semi-matte, and non-greasy coverage, get this. It doesn't cake up (unless you build on it too much) and still looks good after a few hours. The only bad thing is that it may be too light for a few folks. It might not be a bad idea to mix a dab of darker foundation to help even it out. I only said I wouldn't buy this again only because I'm in absolute love with the Skin79 Prestige Diamond BB cream.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I got a sample pack of this, 4 Skin79 BB creams to try. This is the second I've used (I tried Gold first and liked it a lot). I like the scent, which is slightly sunscreen, and use it as a primer of sorts, patting it onto my face lightly. It is less creamy than the Gold version and doesn't offer the same coverage (for those wanting to use it alone or as a tinted primer). I do notice a bit of difference in the wear of my MUFE F&B but overall, I prefer the Gold version for feel, ease of application, and it's somewhat moisturizing properties.