Sultra-The Sophisticate Power Dryer

No Image

on 8/22/2011 1:40:00 AM

I love this dryer!!! It takes a fraction of time to dry my hair, the setting can be customized to hair density (fine to thick) and with 1600 watts of power you have yourself a powerful styling tool. I found this dryer on sale for $139.00. I don't think I would have paid over $200 for it, but I feel I totally got my monies worth. My normally curly/wavy hair looked sleek and shiny afterwards, using a straightening brush. Using a round brush I got great volume and wave. My only compliant is that the control setting are in the way of where your hand would normally wrap around the handle. I have to space my fingers out so as to not hit the buttons. Aside from that, love love love!

on 2/24/2011 11:59:00 AM

Sultra The Midnight Travel Dryer - I needed a travel dryer that would have the same power and speed of drying as my "everyday dryer". My everyday dryer is the T3 Featherweight. The Sultra dried my hair in the same amount of time with the same quality. I have a lot of hair but it's on the thin side - I also use a flat iron to get it perfectly straight (I do this with my T3 as well) I would recommend - it's $35 cheaper than the T3 feathweight journey travel dryer.

on 5/12/2010 2:38:00 PM

I read about this dryer in T Magazine in the New York Times. It came recommended by a top stylist. Having tried every high-end blow dryer there is, I ran out and bought it from Sephora (as far as I know, the only place that sells it)--always hoping for that miracle. Dryers I've tried include T3, Elchim, Solano and Sedu. Well, this blow dryer is not worth $280, to say the least. My hair is very thick, wavy and prone to frizz and this dryer actually made it frizzier--just didn't have the oopmph for the pricetag. What's interesting is that Sephora, in keeping with their right of censorship, did not post my review. I said I went back to my Sedu--a brand they do not sell. Other reviews talk about T3, and that's okay, because they sell T3. I guess that's the way those company websites are--it's not truly an open forum and the idea of an informative review that compares products is just too scary for them-- especially if it makes people curious about a superior brand they don't sell.

At least I was able to return the dryer, and as I said, I will stick to high-end brands like Sedu and Elchim that you have to buy from specialty beauty supply and salon places and websites.

Popular Hair Styling Tools