4.1

package quality

price range

Reviews

13 years ago

I have very pigmented lips and the edges are uneven/mottled because of a burn when I was young. I wanted to try this because I need something to even the edges of my lips, but due to their naturally dark color, I usually try to subdue them with gloss, etc. I'm just not a liner and lipstick girl--no matter how "nude" the lipstick is, it always draws attention to my lips and that's what I'm trying to avoid. ANYWAY. I love that the liner is opaque but actually nude--for my coloring, it actually evens up the edges of my lips without making an obvious line (I smudge/blend it inward after applied) and somehow gives a kind of pretty highlight. I use a nude or shimmery gloss on top and my lips look great! I love how the pencil gives a natural but defined look to my lips and allows me to achieve that nude lip look that was impossible before! ALSO--before this I was using the Maybelline Pure concealer (looks like an eyeliner pencil but with concealer) which works fine, but has less staying power around the mouth. For those of you whose coloring won't match this pencil, the Pure concealer might be worth a try.

About reviewer (8 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone

HairBlond

from

13 years ago

My prayers have been answered!! All these years I've been wearing a nude lipliner (HINT: It rhymes with "nice"!) that I was wearing just because I needed a lip liner. How wonderful that we can all wear a liner now that does not clash with our lip color of choice.

About reviewer (35 reviews)

SkinCombination

HairBrunette

14 years ago

I wear alot of dark colours on my lips, and I use gloss or Pout on top. Therefore, bleeding is an issue especially since I am now 46 and have one or two little teeny lines near my lips! (I use Renova and that helps, but I digress). I put my normal liner to outline my lips after I apply the lipstick, then I line the outer skin right next to the lips with the Reverse Lipliner, blend a bit and finally apply a dot of gloss on the lower lip. This makes my lips look fuller, and keeps the bleeding down considerably. Also, it fills in the little lines so one can't notice them, and highlights the darker areas around my mouth so the area looks fuller altogether. This is a great product.

About reviewer (426 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinSensitive, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

3.0

14 years ago

Eh, this is kind of a take it or leave it kind of product. I didn't like this on my lips at all, I felt like it made them look smaller (which is not what I want to go for.) However as a pencil for the inner rims of my eyelids it's perfect. I have very fair skin and green eyes, so if my eyes are the least bit bloodshot, you can see it a mile away. This pencil is awesome for making me look more awake. A $14 pencil that I only use on my inner eyelids is a wee bit expensive but hey, at least it will last a long time!

About reviewer (125 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairOther, Straight, Fine

2.0

14 years ago

I got this hoping to achieve the J-Lo nude lip look since I tend to go for dramatic eyes. It ended up just looking weird and obvious on me, and when I tried to blend it in it just disappeared. My lips are pretty pigmented on their own, so i'm thinking maybe that's why. I don't have any problem with glosses feathering, and I don't wear lipstick, but if I did I might use this underneath. I use a shimmery pale highlighter or eyeshadow for the inner corners of my eyes, so I don't use this for that either, and it seems like it would just be more of a pain if I did. I've only used this maybe twice since I bought it 6 months ago, so I'm pretty sure it was just a waste of money for me.

About reviewer (345 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Other, Other

14 years ago

WOW! i've been trying to find a fleshtone lipliner that would neutralize my mauvy-pink lips and i think i finally found it!! for the longest time, i've used EL in "natural writer" and it was too frosty/greyish on my pigmented lips and made every lippie color that i used on top look ghastly....goes on smooth and its quite pigmented..makes my lippies (both l/g and l/s) last longer....this is my new love :)

About reviewer (1297 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Wavy, Medium

EyesBrown

14 years ago

I got this as part of the Cargo 10th Anniversary kit from Sephora. It's nothing I would have picked up unless it was in a kit, but it's one of those things that now I have it I will probably keep buying it. I haven't really gotten the hang of using it as a lipliner. You have to blend really well or the color stands right out. However... it's great to line the inner rims of eyes or better yet I use it on to line the "V" in the inner corner of my eyes. Really brightens them up. For that reason alone it's worth it to me! I've used it every day since I got it and will probably continue to. The nude color looks much more natural on me than bright white and the consistancy of the pencil is very creamy.

About reviewer (13 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinDry

HairBrown

EyesBlue

2.0
from

14 years ago

I find this does not work as a lip liner for me. I can either see it a mile away or it is blended into nothing. My skintone is pale with blue/red undertones. I use the liner as an eyeliner for my inner rims and it looks fine. I also sometimes use it as a concealor, which isn't bad. The concept of a pencil concealor is good, but this particular shade is not perfect. All in all, I would not repurchase.

About reviewer (107 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBrown

EyesBlue

14 years ago

This is a really versatile product! I LOVE to use it as a touch up concealer, eyeliner, lip liner for glosses, lip definer for when I use other lipliner & lipstick - this REALLY makes your lipline look flawless, keeps bleeding & feathering at bay and covers any smudges (I go around outer edge of the colored lip liner gently and then dab with my finger). I thought this was a laughable product when I got it but now I love it! I use it every day and will definitely repurchase when it runs out. I took off 1 lippy because the cap likes to fall off in my purse and it's a smidge pricey. But worth it!

About reviewer (24 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination

HairBlond

3.0

14 years ago

Ick. This is a pinky flesh toned pencil that will only work on those with pink undertones, and maybe not even then. Most reverse liners are clear, this one is pink flesh toned, but the problem is that one would have to have a matching skintone, and they only make this in one color. I also didn't find it's lipliner qualities too exciting. Didn't prevent gloss from migrating, or last longer than any other lipliner. I absolutely love clear lipliners though. L'oreals has worked wonders for me: no more lipstick on teeth if I line the inside of my lip (which I can do with a clear colored one). OVerall, very dissapointed, but I'll still give it a three since it *might* work for someone with a matching skintone. But I doubt it can beat Duwops Reverse liner or even any clear lipliner.

About reviewer (108 reviews)

SkinOther