Vichy Purete Thermale Hydrating and Cleansing Foaming Cream

Vichy Purete Thermale Hydrating and Cleansing Foaming Cream
Purete Thermale Hydrating and Cleansing Foaming Cream

on 2/10/2017 1:48:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm

i had to return this product, it was incredibly drying, felt like using a harsh soap- my face would actually squeak from from being so clean. I have very dry skin, I'm in the middle of the winter and i use RETINA so i thought that would be moisturizing but it wasn't. I think it made me face drying. :(

on 12/22/2016 11:31:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool

******** Edited March 21 2017:
I don't use this product anymore. It's too drying-harsh and irritating for my skin since I'm now using a prescription cream. I'm using a very gentle cleanser at the moment.
----

FYI: They changed the packaging and updated the formula.

I have normal to combination skin that is also acne-prone and sensitive. I just started using this cleanser for about a few days and the results were impressive! I love the creamy-foaming texture. My skin looked brighter and smoother every time I washed my face with this product. Skin is not dry at all, no tight feeling. When I touched my face there was no residue at all. No greasiness... Nothing. It was just smooth. Of course I will have to follow up with my serum and moisturizer, but you don't feel the need to apply them quickly.

My skin is not flaky or red. It looks healthy and plumped. Not sure which ingredient in this cleanser does that... It always seems like my skin has been exfoliated. Though this cleanser is not an exfoliant.

This is the first cleanser I fell in love with. I tried Cetaphil, Cerave, Neutrogena, Acne.org, etc. But none can't compare to this Vichy cleanser. Most of them either made my skin breakout/redder or was too drying/tight/irritating. I couldn't find one that would suit my skin.

I never thought about using Vichy products since they contain fragrance. But I had no reaction to it and actually had better results on my skin than when I was using fragrance-free products. So I guess it's not that bad. My mom recommended this product to me because I was having bad skin. I gave up on products and didn't think I could find a good cleanser so I just washed with water for a month, but my skin became worse... it was expected... (clogged pores, acne spots and dehydrated-combination skin). This cleanser definitely keeps my skin clear since the impurities are washed away AND without dryness. No breakout, in fact I believe it helped to clear them.

Another thing to keep in mind is that you have the avoid the eye contour area. (It is stated in the instructions on the back of the product) I just massage the cleanser all around my face being careful around my eyes and rinse with water. If you wear makeup on your eyes you would need to use another cleanser for that.

It is also stated on their website that this cleanser is for normal, combination and oily skin type. If you have dry or very dry skin, you might not be able to use it. It could be too drying for you. You would need to test it out first.

Ingredients: AQUA / WATER • GLYCERIN • MYRISTIC ACID • STEARIC ACID • PALMITIC ACID • LAURIC ACID • POTASSIUM HYDROXIDE • SODIUM LAUROYL SARCOSINATE • SORBITAN PALMITATE • PARFUM / FRAGRANCE • MORINGA PTERYGOSPERMA SEED EXTRACT • PHENOXYETHANOL • DISODIUM EDTA • CAPRYLYL GLYCOL • CITRIC ACID

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Wow - I feel like I am the only one who doesn't like this cleanser! I find it to be very stripping. Ingredients are cheap and harsh - with a list of ingredients like this, the high price I paid isn't justified. This product stings like heck if it gets into my eyes so I can't use it to remove eye make up - kind of defeats the purpose of a cleanser. It also leaves my face feeling a little tight and filmy, kind of like the feeling you get on your skin after using bar soap. I will begrudgingly use this up but I will not be buying this crap ever again! Back to my NUDE cleansing oil and CeraVe foaming cleanser!

on 12/23/2015 2:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I have a dry and sensitive skin that get red easily. I liked this product, but I think it would be better for oily skin as I felt it was kind of too drying for me. It's creamy and it does lather well, and the smell is soft and pretty, but I just didn't find it that good to repurchase it again. It's good though, just not good enough to repurchase.

I bought this product after seeing all the good reviews on MUA. I have combination skin and gets oily easily in the summer, even in UK summer!

I was looking for a cheaper substitute for my favourite - Darphin cleanser.

This cleanser is definitely very foaming and cleanse my face very well. I normally use makeup remover first before using this cleanser. If I wasn't wearing much foundation, I would use this cleanser without using any makeup remover first.

However, this does leave a slightly strange feeling after washing my face with water. I'd say it leaves my skin slighter tighter (drier) compared to the Darphin foaming cleanser.

Overall it's a good cleanser if you are looking for a thorough, good cleanse.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

I have been using this and vichy Idealia illuminating cream for the past 7 weeks. It didnt show any results immediately, but now my skin is starting to look really nice. I like the smooth creamy feel of this cleanser plus my face feels clean after a wash!

on 8/9/2014 9:17:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I have been using this cleanser in combination with the Vichy moisturizer for over 5 years. I get compliments on my skin quite often. Love Vichy products!!

Very good cleanser for sensitive skin. Follow with a Vichy toner for healthy skin

on 8/24/2013 3:50:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Neutral

I havent been using this too long. but i kind of like it. i dont know if i would repurchase it again in the future, but i just might. it cleans my face without stripping it. it doesnt give a dry tight feeling. be careful when you open this. the first time i opened it it came out really fast. just a tip so you dont waste any product. just open it upside down to be safe.
when you squeeze some of it out its kind of like mousse but when you work into your skin it foams up.
it does exactly as it says. it "gently cleans and purifies the skin" it feels really refreshing. i have sensitive skin and eyes. it hurts my eyes if i get it anywhere near there. and this has not irritated my skin yet. its not a miracle product but its okay
I will update my review later on.
UPDATE: this cleans my skin. hasnt broke me out yet. but i dont think i will repurchase it it also still hasnt irritated my skin. however , am i the only one who gets that slightly tight feeling ? when i wash it off my skin feels just a little tight but not dry.
Update 02/2014 :i gave this to a friend a couple months after i started using it, i found that it didnt help with redness or sensitivity. i if you have oily skin you might like this. wouldnt recommend for either sensitive skin or dry skin.

on 7/22/2013 9:20:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Overall a fairy good cleanser, I did find it a little drying on my face (but then again I have dry skin anyway and it really wasn't bad for a foam cleanser). It has a nice consistency and smell its fine too, but I switched to using this on my back in the shower and my skin has really improved there so it was worth getting. Not sure if I would repurchase.