Garnier SkinActive Clearly Brighter Anti-Dark-Circle Eye Roller

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
Garnier SkinActive Clearly Brighter Anti-Dark-Circle Eye Roller
SkinActive Clearly Brighter Anti-Dark-Circle Eye RollerSkinActive Clearly Brighter Anti-Dark-Circle Eye RollerSkinActive Clearly Brighter Anti-Dark-Circle Eye RollerSkinActive Clearly Brighter Anti-Dark-Circle Eye RollerEye Roller

3.9

Don't really like the product but still unable to find replacement. Adequate coverage for when I absolutely need it. What really helped was getting more sleep.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I have both underye puffiness and dark circles; my dark circles are basically permanent, due to allergies and genetics. After trying the Anti-Puff version and being totally unimpressed, my expectations for the Anti-Dark Circle were low. However...it's actually amazing. It isn't full coverage (and, thus, doesn't look cakey), but it I don't look like death slightly warmed over while wearing it. You can still see just a hint of shadow beneath my eyes; it's really quite a natural look for me. I'm pale, so I thought it might be too dark, but no, it blends in perfectly with my undereye area. I have no idea what shade I have; I didn't realize it's a tinted product, and just grabbed the first one I saw. The product is several shades darker than my skin, but blends in seamlessly. I actually like Anti-Dark Circle better than I do my regular concealer.

I do have to blend after rolling it on, but I don't mind!

on 7/15/2017 10:23:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I have been using this daily since I misplaced my Maybelline Instant Age Rewind dark circle treatment concealer. This anti-dark circle eye roller is okay. Initially upon application my eyes will burn and water (which doesn't happen with any other concealers) and the color is a little too orange so I pair it with another Wet 'n Wild makeup stick. But the used alone under foundation the coverage is decent and doesn't settle too terribly into lines.

on 12/12/2015 9:06:00 PM

I used to use this a few years ago and I remember it worked perfectly for covering my dark circles...not a trace! Also it was the quickest easiest concealer to work with I found. I stopped using it because a certain "paula" told me not to...due to alcohol being one of the main ingredients. However I don't recall it ever drying out or irritating my skin. I should try this again sometime...

I am really blown away by this stuff. I have HORRIBLE dark circles. I have had them since I was a teenager and the older I get the worse they have become. I had read about this product thru Makeupalley and finally broke down and bought some. The formula is really thin so it doesn't look cakey and it spreads and blends well. I still have to use another concealer over top of this but it has made covering my black holes easier :)

This stuff is better than I expected. It goes on thin and dries fast. I am tempted to pry off the rollerball applicator and try using this with a brush.
I have very pale skin and the color (Light to Medium?) is perfect for me.
I read that someone here on MUA uses this Garnier under another product... I will try this.

on 3/29/2015 12:48:00 PM

I was looking for a simple, inexpensive "beginner's" eye treatment for my increasingly dark (29 year old, kindergarten teacher, allergy afflicted) undereye area after my husband asked me a few weeks ago if one of my students had bumped into my nose because I looked like I had "two black eyes!" Obviously, I needed to start taking some action.

I usually use Maybelline's lumi concealer for my undereye areas and wasn't necessarily looking for a treatment+concealer but after scanning the info on the box and on MUA about this, I decided to give it a go. The concealer is a bit dark for me in the light/medium shade, as I am very fair, but not so much that it's glaringly obvious or unusable. I like the orange tint this has, as it counteracts the purple. The concealer rolls on thinly and provides light coverage. I often need to add a little more after the first layer. The roller ball puts out a measured amount of product without waste or mess, and feels cool on the eye area. I blend lightly with my fingers and am good to go, with brighter eyes and no confusion over phantom injuries. Lasts all day without needing to be powder set, with no creasing or fading. Does not irritate eye area although my eyes do tend to water/blink for just a second or two when I first apply it.

As far as the treatment portion goes, I need to give this some more time, but I haven't seen any real changes yet. I will update my review after continued use as to the overall effect of the treatment portion.

Update: ended up discontinuing use after not having ANY discernible, lasting results or change from the "treatment" component and finding the concealer portion to be less efficient than my standby, the Lumi wand. Bumping down to a 3 rating for "average."

Price: $12.69, Ulta
Packaging: Practical, efficient, appealing looking

on 2/4/2015 10:45:00 AM

The first few times a friend used it on me, my massive undereye redness was covered and the bags were shrunk. I was hooked! Initially, the product goes on heavier, so it's a really great concealer, but after awhile, even a few layers doesn't work the same magic. I would describe it as a sheer veil. It's very natural looking on my fair skin, but no longer the dream magic product it was fresh out of the box. I'll have to keep looking for a concealer to cover my genetically blessed red undereye bags.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I found this product to be pretty blah. The pros and cons are listed below:

Pros:
-Okay coverage
-Low price compared to similar products
-Metal rollerball applicator feels refreshing to skin

Cons:
-Drippy
-Gathers in the creases of your skin
-Hardly any color selection; the "light" shade was way too dark on me
-Product doesn't really come out of applicator evenly

There is a lot of enthusiasm for this product, but I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that 1) it's pretty inexpensive, and 2) there's a certain novelty in applying it due to the cool metal rollerball tip, which feels good underneath your eyes. However, I don't think the actual concealer is of good quality, as it is drippy, creases easily, and has barely any color selection. I would recommend skipping this one.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This does not cover dark circles or reduce puffiness in any way. Waste of money!