European Secrets - Rock Top Coat

European Secrets - Rock Top Coat

4.2

Butyl Acetate, MEK, Cellulose Acetate, Isopropyl Alcohol, Phthalic Anhydride/Trimelitic Anhydride/Glycols Copolymer, Nitrocellulose, Triethyl Citrate, Hydroxypropyl Methacrylate, Hydroxycyclohexyl Phenyl Keytone, Violet 2 (CI 60725)

on 8/21/2016 7:32:00 PM

The worst top coat I have ever bought! Why does anyone like this?
1) Takes forever to dry
2) Chips within the first 3 days
3) You can smudge it or dent it hours after it has dried
4) Smell is very very strong

No thanks, wish I could get a refund!

on 4/4/2016 11:14:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have been buying this stuff for YEARS.

IT IS AMAZING.

It looks shiny like shellac, and makes your manicure last forever.

For optimum performance, one thin coat is all you need. Do not put it over too many layers of polish. And yes, it takes a while to cure, so make a cup of tea and watch a program for an hour! Worth the wait!

Available at Sally's for just under $10.

To Read all 13 Reviews, Login or Join

on 6/18/2014 5:35:00 PM

Bottom Line: It never cured for me. I tried it with different base coats and different brands of nail polish, thick and thin layers. And chipped pretty quickly.

I had given up on nail polish years ago because I had no patience for drying or chipping. Fast forward about five years and there is so much more out there. I read such amazing things about Rock Top Coat and that it was HG for many people. I will say that I have a history of top coats and all in one polishes not curing, no matter how I apply it. SH Complete Salon Manicures will never ever cure for me, for example.

It became smudge proof within minutes (but not as quick as other quick dry brands) but was dentable well into the night. I tried my UV lamp, different polished, etc. I did not get sheet marks the next day so that's a big plus. Within 24 hours it hardened considerably but I could easily scrap it off with a fingernail, it wasn't rock hard like some other top coats (essie). It chipped within 24 hours as well. It is also such a thin formula it didn't leave my nails very glossy.

Hm. I was so excited to buy this. At the local Sally Supply in Canada is was about $8 (so not that cheap). I finally did my manicure yesterday and I'm a little disappointed.
I used Revlon Color Stay base (my all time favourite since it came out) and Rescue Beauty Lounge polish in Catherine (I don't use RBL much). First of all I found RBL slow drying, so maybe that's one of the issues but I applied 2 full coats like I usually do with all polishes (my fav is Vinylux) and after 2 minutes I applied Rock Top Coat and Vinylux Top Coat, every second nail for a better test.
I dried the nails under UV for 4 minutes and the Rock Top Coat nails were still dent-able.
I went out for dinner later and an 1 to 1:30 later I smudged the ends a little- ONLY 3 of the nails I used Rock Top Coat on. I managed to smooth them out but they still look like they have a tip wear :(
Bummer!
I will report back how the polish wears.

on 8/8/2013 11:12:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I dont even know how a bottle of this got to my hands by my Sache had ran out and the found this one along with the others i have (OPI, China glaze, etc) OMG!!this top coat is wonderful, i went the next day to sallys and got another one on sale. Ill actually go back and get more.. IT goes on easily and dries faster than sache.. I abosolutely love this and recommend it...

HG topcoat!!! It looks like shellac nails when it has dried. And such long lasting power as well! I just love, love, love this TC. Will never stray from it!!

on 2/27/2013 1:33:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

Just bought it @Sally's a few weeks ago because it was on sale and HOLY MOTHER OF CAKE it is awesome. I like this TC better than my OPI and my Seche, it is completely amazing. I wore it for 8 days before my nails started chipping and for me that is a process. I work in a theme park and I have to take down chains, clean and take out trash frequently. I also wash dishes by hand at home so for this to power through the week I am very happy with it. Definitely recommend.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I am very active and have trouble keeping my polish looking decent. This goes on easily, dries fast and helps my polish stay put. Love it so far will do a follow up in a few days.

on 2/10/2012 5:44:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I generally don't use this on freshly painted nails. I do cure it with a UV light, when I did not I noticed little stress marks. I have been using the gelish mini uv light... but now I have a new 45 watt uv light that I am excited to try with this top coat.
I usually use seche on freshly painted nails and then do Rock over it a couple days later... I LOVE the shine with Rock. It is sooo much shinier than seche ... ok it's shinier than any other TC I have used honestly.
This is the best top coat to use with glitters makes them so pretty and sparkle like crazy. I've noticed subtle shimmers and glass flecks in polishes just gleaming. Now that I have the high watt uv light I will have to test it on it's own without using seche first.
I have it over ChG Knotty right now and the shimmers in this polish are so pretty.
This is not as thick as seche so it does not hide imperfections like seche does but the upside with this is it does work over dried manis and does not get thick like seche does.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

Ok so I've tried loads of top coats, from Sally Hansen to seche vite but rock top coat beats them all! It's formula is ultra glossy, fixes smudges, and keeps from chipping even at the tips (I work as a vet tech, wrestling dogs causes a lot of wear!). I have only found this in store at a bed bath and beyond and need to stock up I love it so much.

Popular Top/Base Coats