Skinfood Peach Sake Silky Finish Powder

Skinfood Peach Sake Silky Finish Powder
Peach Sake Silky Finish PowderPeach Sake Silky Finish Powder

4.4

I am a sucker for pretty little jars and things that sit on my dresser and this is no exception. I love the peach smell and leave the lid off for a while just to enjoy the scent.

I have dry skin so have need for very little powder to set my face but I find if I dampen my beauty blender with PUR Miracle Hydrate and Set (which contains over 77 vitamins and minerals) and then slight tap the moistened blender into the powder. I can tap it all over my face and the finely milled powder is just enough to set my foundation and leave with a refreshed fragrance of Peaches and Citrus. My makeup last all day with no need to retouch.

As for the packaging, do not completely remove the seal inside and just tap some into the lid or on a makeup mixing bowl and there is minimal fall out, no problem at all really.

Korean cosmetics are fantastic quality and as a very pale white Aussie gal I have been using them long before they became popular here but with popularity comes the price hike and they are not as cheap as they used to be.

I would love to visit South Korea just to visit all the gorgeous shops.

When i first time in my life try the white powder i looked white at evening going out, my friends ask me whats happened to me, but it was when i was really young and didnt know how to apply :-)
This powder really do the matte effect, dont think its stay for all day, but if you have a oily skin, you propably cant find anything to help you all day stay matte ( if you know some let me know, which product can do this :-) )
This leaves silky feeling, nice smell and do accurate job, so i gonna buy for sure again.

on 1/19/2017 2:40:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This is a beautiful finely milled powder that works as well as my Laura Mercier translucent powder for 1/3 of the price. It controls my oily skin all day and keeps my mu looking nigh on perfect for 12+ hours. I apply mine with a damp beauty blender and don't get that over powdered look. I would have given it 5 stars but the packaging lets it down; it is messy to use but I simple decant into another container. Really good value for money and more importantly it works.

on 7/28/2016 11:07:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This is awesome! Would totally repurchase. Smells peachy, but not overwhelming. Gets the job done; absorbs oil and stickiness of your foundation, and softens your skin! May leave a white cast if not blended carefully or if you apply it heavily. A little goes a long way. The powder is finely milled as well. Definitely kept the oil at bay. Im oily around my nose, and it didn't get oily, even after 11 hours of wear.

on 2/20/2016 5:00:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Perfect setting powder if you're looking for something that really gives you a super matte finish. I also love the peachy smell a lot, I also love to use it on my scalp, to absorb the oiliness. I don't know if this will work well on drier skin types, for those of you who seek oil control and a matte finish, this is it ladies! also bear in mind that it can leave a white cast, if you use a heavy hand, so apply it lightly. I'm on my second package and this is one of the best things I tried along with Innisfree powder, Illamasqua and Macs prep+prime and it's really affordable.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Great product!

This would be amazing for oily skin. However, for my dry skin, this was simply just too uncomfortably matte. It made my skin feel VERY matte, which is not a bad thing, however for me, matte skin is not something I want, because it usually ends up with my face feeling really uncomfortable and tight. The smell is delicious, it smells like orange sherbet. The packaging is absolutely horrible and whenever you take the lid off, the powder goes everywhere.

I use this as a setting powder, and it works well. It leaves my skin super soft and the smell is wonderful.

I dislike to packaging though, I think it should be a screw on top instead.

on 6/29/2014 10:55:00 AM

Peach sake silky finish powder 's texture is softamd light. And have scent of peach. It's really nice amd I like it. The oil control is good. The packaging is unique.

on 6/13/2014 10:33:00 AM

So I stumbled across Skinfood's Peach Sake line. One thing about me .... I am a total sucker for anything "natural" or "organic". I love the concept of this company - that nature provides the ideal nourishment and "food" for your skin. So, since I have oily skin, I decided to take the plunge on the Peach Sake line which is designed for oily skintypes. I purchase the Peach Toner, Serum, Emulsion and Loose Powder. I'll give a brief review of each here.

Peach Sake Toner ..... this is a gentle toner that smells like peaches. It claims to control sebum production, shine on skin and large pores. The scent is lovely, and the texture reminds me very much of a peach witch hazel toner I've used in the past. Gentle just like the witch hazel toner, and also effective at removing anything left after cleansing. I do believe this helps with oil control, shine and pores. I like it as part of the peach sake set.

Peach Sake Emulsion ....... this is a very light lotion. It absorbs quickly and is perfect to add light hydration to oily skin. It is also oil control, sebum balancing, anti shine and helps with large pores. This is so lightweight and wonderful. Non greasy. Leaves skin mattified and soft. Of course, has the lovely peach scent.

Peach Sake Pore Serum ..... this serum does an amazing job of absorbing oil and shine! I use this on my t-zone followed by Estee Lauder DW or DWL foundation and the Peach Sake Loose Powder, and my skin is shine free for almost 6 hours! That is a record for my skin, as I get naturally oily with 30 minutes of washing my face. So yes, this stuff works. :)

Peach Sake Silky Finish Powder .... this is a loose powder that is also amazing at oil control. Like the rest of the Peach Sake line, it has a lovely peach scent. I love this loose powder. Combined with the rest of the Peach Sake line, my skin is shine free longer than any other products I've ever tried. One thing though, it does leave a white cast on skin if you apply too much, so apply VERY LIGHTLY unless you already have very fair skin. My skin is super pale so I can apply this pretty easily without worry.

So there you go. The Skinfood Peach Sake line for oily skin. I'm not sure how they would each work separately and individually apart from the rest of the line, as I use them all together, but I find the Peach Sake products excellent for oily skin. Combined with estee lauder DW or DWL foundation, my makeup is practically bulletproof all day. I blot my skin ONCE now all day, instead of every 2-3 hours which I normally do. Love these products! 5 lippies for all of them! :)