Skinfood Peach Sake Silky Finish Powder

Peach Sake Silky Finish PowderPeach Sake Silky Finish Powder

4.2

on 8/10/2017 11:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

For reference I have olive, very oily (yet dehydrated) acne prone skin.

I recently started using the Peach Sake powder to set my Faceshop BB Cushion which leaves a dewy finish I don't love. I've been using this for a week now, and it is by far the best powder at controlling my oil production through the day. I've managed to go through a day with zero touch ups (which is amazing) or just one quick touch up around my forehead.

I personally don't use the puff it comes with because I find it doesn't provide an even coverage so I use a powder brush instead. If you don't buff this stuff out properly you will look like a ghost in photos! So buyer beware!

Overall I really like the product (it smells great too) so I will probably repurchase.

on 6/12/2017 2:20:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Awesome powder, probably one of the best i've tried, and looks amazing on, but in any photo you will get insaaaane flash back when you bake with this under the eyes. I look like I'm from blade runner in 50% of my photos now.

I am a sucker for pretty little jars and things that sit on my dresser and this is no exception. I love the peach smell and leave the lid off for a while just to enjoy the scent.

I have dry skin so have need for very little powder to set my face but I find if I dampen my beauty blender with PUR Miracle Hydrate and Set (which contains over 77 vitamins and minerals) and then slight tap the moistened blender into the powder. I can tap it all over my face and the finely milled powder is just enough to set my foundation and leave with a refreshed fragrance of Peaches and Citrus. My makeup last all day with no need to retouch.

As for the packaging, do not completely remove the seal inside and just tap some into the lid or on a makeup mixing bowl and there is minimal fall out, no problem at all really.

Korean cosmetics are fantastic quality and as a very pale white Aussie gal I have been using them long before they became popular here but with popularity comes the price hike and they are not as cheap as they used to be.

I would love to visit South Korea just to visit all the gorgeous shops.

on 1/19/2017 2:40:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This is a beautiful finely milled powder that works as well as my Laura Mercier translucent powder for 1/3 of the price. It controls my oily skin all day and keeps my mu looking nigh on perfect for 12+ hours. I apply mine with a damp beauty blender and don't get that over powdered look. I would have given it 5 stars but the packaging lets it down; it is messy to use but I simple decant into another container. Really good value for money and more importantly it works.

When i first time in my life try the white powder i looked white at evening going out, my friends ask me whats happened to me, but it was when i was really young and didnt know how to apply :-)
This powder really do the matte effect, dont think its stay for all day, but if you have a oily skin, you propably cant find anything to help you all day stay matte ( if you know some let me know, which product can do this :-) )
This leaves silky feeling, nice smell and do accurate job, so i gonna buy for sure again.

on 6/9/2017 11:14:00 AM

I wanted to love those product, but I couldn't. When it arrived half of it was missing because of the lousy packaging.

In pictures it makes me look a lot paler than I really am.

It sets the makeup decently, but a lot of product goes to waste trying to get it out. The puff it comes with does not help at all.

on 2/20/2016 5:00:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Perfect setting powder if you're looking for something that really gives you a super matte finish. I also love the peachy smell a lot, I also love to use it on my scalp, to absorb the oiliness. I don't know if this will work well on drier skin types, for those of you who seek oil control and a matte finish, this is it ladies! also bear in mind that it can leave a white cast, if you use a heavy hand, so apply it lightly. I'm on my second package and this is one of the best things I tried along with Innisfree powder, Illamasqua and Macs prep+prime and it's really affordable.

This would be amazing for oily skin. However, for my dry skin, this was simply just too uncomfortably matte. It made my skin feel VERY matte, which is not a bad thing, however for me, matte skin is not something I want, because it usually ends up with my face feeling really uncomfortable and tight. The smell is delicious, it smells like orange sherbet. The packaging is absolutely horrible and whenever you take the lid off, the powder goes everywhere.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Great product!

on 7/28/2016 11:07:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This is awesome! Would totally repurchase. Smells peachy, but not overwhelming. Gets the job done; absorbs oil and stickiness of your foundation, and softens your skin! May leave a white cast if not blended carefully or if you apply it heavily. A little goes a long way. The powder is finely milled as well. Definitely kept the oil at bay. Im oily around my nose, and it didn't get oily, even after 11 hours of wear.