Skinfood Peach Sake Silky Finish Powder

Skinfood Peach Sake Silky Finish Powder

4.4

on 2/20/2016 5:00:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Perfect setting powder if you're looking for something that really gives you a super matte finish. I also love the peachy smell a lot, I also love to use it on my scalp, to absorb the oiliness. I don't know if this will work well on drier skin types, for those of you who seek oil control and a matte finish, this is it ladies! also bear in mind that it can leave a white cast, if you use a heavy hand, so apply it lightly. I'm on my second package and this is one of the best things I tried along with Innisfree powder, Illamasqua and Macs prep+prime and it's really affordable.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Great product!

To Read all 15 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

This would be amazing for oily skin. However, for my dry skin, this was simply just too uncomfortably matte. It made my skin feel VERY matte, which is not a bad thing, however for me, matte skin is not something I want, because it usually ends up with my face feeling really uncomfortable and tight. The smell is delicious, it smells like orange sherbet. The packaging is absolutely horrible and whenever you take the lid off, the powder goes everywhere.

I use this as a setting powder, and it works well. It leaves my skin super soft and the smell is wonderful.

I dislike to packaging though, I think it should be a screw on top instead.

on 6/29/2014 10:55:00 AM

Peach sake silky finish powder 's texture is softamd light. And have scent of peach. It's really nice amd I like it. The oil control is good. The packaging is unique.

on 6/13/2014 10:33:00 AM

So I stumbled across Skinfood's Peach Sake line. One thing about me .... I am a total sucker for anything "natural" or "organic". I love the concept of this company - that nature provides the ideal nourishment and "food" for your skin. So, since I have oily skin, I decided to take the plunge on the Peach Sake line which is designed for oily skintypes. I purchase the Peach Toner, Serum, Emulsion and Loose Powder. I'll give a brief review of each here.

Peach Sake Toner ..... this is a gentle toner that smells like peaches. It claims to control sebum production, shine on skin and large pores. The scent is lovely, and the texture reminds me very much of a peach witch hazel toner I've used in the past. Gentle just like the witch hazel toner, and also effective at removing anything left after cleansing. I do believe this helps with oil control, shine and pores. I like it as part of the peach sake set.

Peach Sake Emulsion ....... this is a very light lotion. It absorbs quickly and is perfect to add light hydration to oily skin. It is also oil control, sebum balancing, anti shine and helps with large pores. This is so lightweight and wonderful. Non greasy. Leaves skin mattified and soft. Of course, has the lovely peach scent.

Peach Sake Pore Serum ..... this serum does an amazing job of absorbing oil and shine! I use this on my t-zone followed by Estee Lauder DW or DWL foundation and the Peach Sake Loose Powder, and my skin is shine free for almost 6 hours! That is a record for my skin, as I get naturally oily with 30 minutes of washing my face. So yes, this stuff works. :)

Peach Sake Silky Finish Powder .... this is a loose powder that is also amazing at oil control. Like the rest of the Peach Sake line, it has a lovely peach scent. I love this loose powder. Combined with the rest of the Peach Sake line, my skin is shine free longer than any other products I've ever tried. One thing though, it does leave a white cast on skin if you apply too much, so apply VERY LIGHTLY unless you already have very fair skin. My skin is super pale so I can apply this pretty easily without worry.

So there you go. The Skinfood Peach Sake line for oily skin. I'm not sure how they would each work separately and individually apart from the rest of the line, as I use them all together, but I find the Peach Sake products excellent for oily skin. Combined with estee lauder DW or DWL foundation, my makeup is practically bulletproof all day. I blot my skin ONCE now all day, instead of every 2-3 hours which I normally do. Love these products! 5 lippies for all of them! :)

on 11/16/2013 8:24:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is the best finishing powder out there !!i bought this online for sgd $13.90...retail is selling this for $42 !! I love that this powder totally mattify my super oily skin...it has a nice peachy scent which i love and it contains 15g...if used daily it can last me for 4mths...very little is needed to make your skin smooth like a baby's booty...do take note not to over apply or else it migtht leave a white cast... pores seems minimized after use too...this is my hg and i will be using this for the rest of my life !!!

I have both the Make Up For Ever (MUFE) professional high definition powder as well as the peach sake finishing powder and I have to say that i prefer the latter. This powder makes your skin feels really soft & mattifies your face makeup nicely. However, just don't put too much as it will leave a white cast. I loved this powder alot that I purchased a back up for it. The packaging is bad though. It makes it hard to use it well but what I do is i ignore the puff given, pour some amount of the powder into the cover as if pouring the powder into a bowl & i then swirl my powder brush around in the cover. This picks up the powder evenly on the brush and reduces mess. Sidenote : I'm asian chinese, fair with yellow undertone and have dry skin.

on 8/25/2013 3:59:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Ahhh love smells like peaches <3 Straight to the point:

+ great smell
+ very good mattyfing properties
+ huge amount
+ washable puff
+ never cakes up or reacts badly with other makeup products

- you have to be careful not to overdose, otherwise you will end up with dry face for a long hours

I'll buy again for sure - and no more 'mattyfing' color powders.

on 1/29/2013 7:00:00 PM

This is my favourite finishing powder. I love that it whitens my skintone a bit, but watch out it's really scented, so if your skin is very sensitive it's not for you. (true peach scent I like it)