L'Oreal Paris Bare Naturale Gentle Mineral powder

L'Oreal Paris Bare Naturale Gentle Mineral powder
Bare Naturale Gentle Mineral powder

3.5

on 6/16/2014 9:20:00 AM

I've used this a lot lately to try and keep my concealer in place, but all this seems to do is look really cakey, and it doesn't keep my oily areas under control at all either. Just a really "meh" powder. Wouldn't buy it again.

Pros

* Good color match on my skin
* Doesn't break me out

Cons

* Looks cakey
* Doesn't control oil

on 12/18/2013 12:59:00 AM

I actually really like this product. the color is a bit light for my skin but that's okay cus I use this on top of my Maybelline foundation which is a tad too dark. I have kind of oily skin and this usually keeps my t zone matte for about 3-4 hours. it feels and looks pretty natural as long as you blend it well. it also has a bit of a powdery smell but you cant really notice it unless youre literally sticking youre nose in the powder. I use the brush it came with which isn't the best but it gets the job done, although this would probably be a million times better if you used a different brush to apply the product. over all I like this product quite a lot .

on 5/9/2012 12:57:00 AM

This product gets a 5/5 for me.
I bought the pressed powder version online for about AUS $7.
I much prefer powder foundation over anything else. I'm quite pale, and liquids and creams go very orange on my skin, even in their lightest shades.
This product has more coverage than a setting powder, and less cons than using a liquid or cream. The coverage is closer to medium, but is very buildable. The shade 408 Soft Ivory matches me perfectly.
Buyers can expect this product to help even out skin tone, cover minor imperfections, last all day, provide coverage and blend easily.
I even use this as a nude eyeshadow on occasion.
Only downside is i'm not a fan of the brush that comes with it, but the powder works great with a kabuki.

Let me start off by saying I love this product for tons of reasons and only have a few tiny dislikes about it. First off, the coverage is great for the price. I've seen other reviews that said it was cakey,but I disagree. With a good powder makeup brush and primer before, its beautiful! The only beef I have with it is the packaging (just like having a brush) you'll probably need a better surface to pour the powder on to apply. And I say that a primer is good to use before because it can exaggerate pores a little bit, but most makeup does. Overall: great product, price and quality!

I've uploaded a second picture because the first one was actually of a different product (Bare Naturale Foundation).

I bought this from Chemist Warehouse (Aus) in July 2011 for about $10 which is very cheap for L'Oreal here. It was a perfect pale colour and just seemed like a good, basic pressed powder so I grabbed it.

It comes with a silly brush that I threw away almost immediately. I used this powder on and off for a couple of months. I never really developed a strong preference for it and only seemed to use it on random occasions.

As a setting powder, I found it to be too heavy. I felt like the powder wasn't finely milled enough. No matter how lightly I applied it, I was left with an obvious powdered look.

Something else of note: I recently looked this product up on checkcosmetic.net using the batch code and it said it was manufactured in August 2008. It was almost 3 years old when I purchased it. That's not great and explains the massive discount.

go this at a dollar store so ti was reasonable.

color matched my skin but i dont like wearing fondation anyway, so im not sure if jsut the thought of knowing i had this on made my face itch or if this really did make me itch...

on 2/13/2011 7:53:00 PM

Honestly, I found this in the sale bin at a CVS, and for less than 2 dollars, that was a steal! The biggest problem with this is the brush that came with it. It's a horrible brush, too scratchy and coarse, it gouges the makeup when you try to use it. The screw top's security is another thing that bothers me-I feel as though I can't take it anywhere unless it's been secured in some way otherwise it'll open and mess up my bag! I love the little mirror on the back though, it's awesome!

The actual makeup I thought was amazing, but not my HG yet. It really covers up redness and little imperfections without caking! Definitely recommending it.

on 1/31/2011 5:32:00 PM

I have no idea what happened but my face was covered in hives about ten minutes after application. It would have been a good buy had I not reacted.

on 11/17/2010 12:10:00 AM

This is for the pressed powder. Unfortunately this didn't work for me at all. Even with a really good quality kabuki brush I found it difficult to apply evenly. Instead it just sat in patches where the brush first touched my skin and I ended up having to try and buff it in with my hands. Secondly it broke me out. I am assuming that both these problems are caused by the waxes used to make it pressed rather than loose powder. Thirdly, even after buffing it in, it appeared rather chalky and definitely emphasised my pores.

on 11/11/2010 8:27:00 PM

I love this product. My friend gave it to me because the shade did not work for her. I've never tried a mineral powder but my friend raved about it. She was soo right. I am now on my 2nd one.

Pros: super easy to apply and fast. Even coverage. Great if you only need a little coverage in the T-zone.
Cons: does not provide as good coverage of a cream foundation. I mainly noticed that in my pictures, my completion was just not as 'airbrushed' as the heavier foundations but still good.