rms beauty Cream Eye Shadow (All Shades)

rms beauty Cream Eye Shadow (All Shades)
Glossy Lid Look with RMS Beauty Products

3.4

*Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil,*Cera Alba (Beeswax), *Simmondsia Chinesis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, *Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Tocopherol (non-GMO), *Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Extract, and may contain: [+/- Titanium Dioxide CI 77891, Iron Oxides CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, Mica CI 77019] * CERTIFIED ORGANIC

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

It moves all over the place. Even if it is a natural product, it is overpriced considering it is greasy and slips all over the place. Save your money. However it does look really pretty before it starts creasing. Also another good thing I could say about it is a little goes a long way. I had a sample size and it lasted over a month. I had the shade magnetic.

on 2/10/2018 6:39:00 PM

Edit: I read a few other reviews, which I found kind of funny. Reviewers note that those giving this product poor reviews don't understand what this product is or how to use it. Um, it's stuff to make color on one's eyelids, right? I wasn't expecting magic.

After absolutely loving the Living Luminizer, I tried the eyeshadow. It's...not good. It is difficult to get an even wash of color, and even when you do, it melts right off into creases and under the eye. Even with a primer, it's just too oily (and I have dry skin to begin with). I found it impossible to apply with my fingers (it smears around everywhere), and too difficult with a brush (you need the heat of your skin to get it out of the pot). The lighter colors might be easier to use (I have Seduce, the brown one). It's not terrible as a light liner for the bottom lashes, but it doesn't last long. Pros: Um, the colors seem pretty? You'll feel good about yourself? Cons: Just about everything.

on 1/25/2018 2:57:00 AM

After reading the reviews, I get the impression that maybe half of those who have reviewed RMS cream eye polishes knew what they were using. This isn't a stereotypical creme eyeshadow, it's an oil based eye polish - like a naturally formulated colored gloss for eyes. It's not going to perform like anything else you've tried. If you don't like that, that's fine, but please review it for what it is, not what it isn't. Be an informed consumer!

I love the soothing nature of this formula, as well as the subtle shimmer. If applied sheerly, blended, layered, and blended some more, it will look quite lovely, but since it is a coconut oil based cosmetic, you have to be careful what you pair it with or the results will be disastrous. This is not a conventional eye cosmetic, and in fact is part of the backbone of green/clean beauty. If you are wanting green/clean cosmetics, but desire something that performs like a conventional creme or powder eyeshadow, those products exist, but RMS cream eye polishes are not it.

I would buy again if my fav colors were still available: inspire, imagine, and karma, were still available.

These have a shorter shelf life due to all the natural ingredients and very few to no preservatives because so many are synthetically derived as well as potential irritants. Coconut oil can be annitrtitant, but it's a natural ingredient that also covers a spectrum of benefits, so you've got find if it works for you.

on 9/13/2017 1:11:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I have these in Lunar and Magnetic. Lunar makes a lovely base shade on my dry eyelids. It's the eyeshadow I reach for when I'm in a hurry and can only do basic make-up and it's also the one I start with when I'm using more products. It's basically everything I wanted the living luminizer to be as it manages to conceal any tiny imperfections on my eyelids while providing moisture and a natural sheen and color. Magnetic was a miss for me as it's quite dark and almost imparts an "I got punched in the eyes" kind of look even when only used lightly in the crease. I think it could be great for a dramatic nighttime look but if you're super fair like me, it might still be too much. I find the containers kind of awkward as having to screw on and off the lids for each shade is a bit of a PITA when I'm in a hurry. I do appreciate the natural ingredients that go into the products though.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Love these! I have two of them, in shade Imagine and Inspire. Inspire is a light blue, which is very unusual for me to buy, but it's really beautiful. Pretty sheer, but buildable. Stays on for hours, it's a very balmy formula and can crease but can be rectified by tapping your eyelid, as another commenter said. Imagine is a metallic purple, VERY pigmented! Can be used alone to make a very modern smoky eye look. It's good to know they're natural beauty products. Very nice overall, happy with my purchase.

on 4/27/2017 12:21:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I agree with Artbabe, people aren't using or thinking of this product accurately. If you are a fan of the pot shimmer eye shadows such as Chanel's Illusion D'Ombre line, this is NOT the same product! They may look the same, and their shades made even vaguely resemble each other but be assured, this is NOT a long-wearing, thick eye shadow. This is an eye POLISH. (BTW, does anyone know how to get the title of this review thread changed???) It really is more of a tinted eye treatment than anything. Even Rose Marie says on her website that it WILL crease and you can just blend/rub it back in. These are sheer and light. If you want more of an opaque look, try one of her new powder shadows and layer this over it. (Again, Rose Marie herself suggests this). Please don't compare this product on other (long-wearing) pot shadows (Chanel, Bobbi Brown, Giorgio Armani.....) This is NOT the same thing!

Magnetic is a taupey, cool-toned polish. I could see this working as a lip gloss for some. It gave some shimmer to my eye but I didn't see any mauve in it or any real color. I think this would be great on cool-toned ladies - on my NW20 skin, it faded away. Maybe lucky - or my next one, karma - would be better for me. No to repurchasing magnetic - yes, to other colors!

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I used this product in Karma along with the rms beauty Contour Bronze to create a glossy lid look for my blog. It helped create the glossy, sooty, creasy, undone eye look that I was going for at the time. The shine was unreal! However, I would never use this for anything but that and do not plan on purchasing this product in any other shades. I already know I won't be able to use it all up before it expires (not that I ever use up my makeup...).

If you want that lived in eye look this product is perfect, but if you're expecting a cream eyeshadow that performs like the Tom Ford or Charlotte Tilbury you will be sorely disappointed.

Shade: lunar

I don't use this cream shadow in "lunar" as a shadow--I use it as a cream highlighter. I wanted to buy the living luminizer, but was scared off by the price! The salesgirl recommended that I try a cream shadow instead (as it was about $15 CAD cheaper), and it works really well. I pat it onto my cheekbones, and it lasts a good 6-7 hours before really fading!

on 1/21/2017 7:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I tried samples in a few shades:
Myth: a taupe with fairly gold glitter. I don't love this one as the glitter is fairly chunky compared to the other shades I've tried.
Magnetic: Not for me as I don't like gray eyeshadow.
Solar: Gold, doesn't go on that sheer but fades beautifully.
Lucky: This is my favorite one. It's a copper, goes on maybe slightly more sheer than Solar. Fades to a beautiful sheer copper which for me is a "my eyelids but better" kind of look. I think I will be buying the full size of this.

It creases. I don't mind a ton as my crease is deep and the creasing won't show unless I close my eyes. It also doesn't last all day.

But for me, I have dry skin, so the creasing and disappearing doesn't happen that fast when I put it on the bare lid. I also make sure not to put on a lot - less is more with this.

It will still last me a good 6 hours and I can tap out the creasing if I feel like it. I experimented with setting it with powder. That way it will still crease but most of the color on the lid also manages to stay put.

I LOVE the way it looks. I realize it's by no means a perfect product, but the ingredients are great and I'm willing to put up with the cons. I'm interested in buying a couple of shades, having tried the sample.

on 7/17/2016 11:50:00 AM

I use a lot of RMS products and love them. They all blend together perfectly and you can create your own colors and are all multi use

My HGs are master mixer, lip2cheek and lip shines. Unlike those products, the eye polishes aren't my everyday choice, although I do like them a lot. There is nothing more gorgeous and have never seen the look replicated, but yes, they can crease, so on a long important day, this might not be your first choice. However, for casual days, I love these or master mixer. Like the other reviewer said, think of these as tinted treatments.

TIP!
The biggest tip I can share, and the reason I'm leaving this review, is to share how you can drastically minimize creasing (I have deep set eyes and EVERYTHING creases on me). When you're done and after you've blended, go over your lid again with an eyeshadow brush and blend a little more. This gets off the excess and somehow seems to soak up some of the oil. It blends away some of it's gorgeousness, but it also makes it a very wearable eye product.

FYI.. I'll mix seduce with my blush when I'm going for a more bronzed look and I'll even use it in my brows.