Neutrogena Healthy Lengths Mascara in 01 Carbon Black

Neutrogena Healthy Lengths Mascara in 01 Carbon Black
Healthy Lengths Mascara in 01 Carbon Black

3.5

Isododecane, Water, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Glyceryl Hydrogenated Rosinate, Acrylates/Ethylhexyl Acrylate Copolymer, Polyethylene, Cyclopentasiloxane, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax (Carnauba), Trimethylsiloxysilicate/Dimethiconol Crosspolymer, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Silica, Acrylates/Dimethicone Copolymer, C18 36 Acid Triglyceride, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Less than 1% of:, Trihydroxystearin, Phenoxyethanol, Dipentaerythrityl Hexahydroxystearate/Hexastearate/Hexarosinate, Nylon 6, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Caprylyl Glycol, Polyglyceryl 4 Isostearate, Cetyl/PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone, Hexyl Laurate, Lecithin, Propylene Carbonate, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein PG Propyl Silanetriol, Sodium Chloride, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Panthenol, Pentaerythrityl Tetra Di T Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Oryza Sativa Germ Oil (Rice), Ethylene/Propylene/Styrene Copolymer, Sorbic Acid (A Preservative), Hydroxyethylcellulose, Butylene/Ethylene/Styrene Copolymer, Propylene Glycol, May Contain ( /-):, Iron Oxides

on 3/6/2017 7:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

This is a really crummy mascara. I'm not usually picky about mascaras, although I have some favorites but generally I just love most mascaras. I have a pretty good set of lashes and I always use an eyelash curler before mascara.

I just thought it would be fun to try a different inexpensive mascara. Usually, I don't spend much on mascara and find that certain drugstore mascaras, such as L'oreal Voluminous are just as good as high end department store mascaras. Boy was this mascara a loser. It barely added any volume to my lashes, was too wet, clumped in a not good way and just overall was wimpy. I threw it out. Don't waste your hard earned $$.

on 5/12/2014 12:06:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I normally don't purchase "lengthening" mascaras -- I prefer volumizing ones. However, this mascara has proven to be quite a gem! This separates and lengthens my lashes beautifully. If I really work it into the base of the lashes -- it even provides decent volume and a nice blackened base lash. This doesn't flake on me or clump. It washes away nicely with normal eye makeup remover. I don't get the black smears under my brow from the tips of my lashes. It is a very nice, overall mascara. I'm now curious to try the healthy volume mascara from Neutrogena. I would definitely purchase this again. It's not HG, but I really like it!

on 1/15/2014 2:32:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Love this mascara - my HG is L'Oreal's Butterfly Lash, which gives more volume and drama BUT for work, and every day the Neutrogena is great.

I have puny short lashes that point down, slightly hooded eyes so everything smudges. . .ugh, basically terrible lashes and small eyes . .I *need* mascara and an eyelash curler in my life. With this mascara, I curl my lashes using a Shu curler and then apply 1-2 coats. It makes my lashes look long and full with no smudging! Also, it never flakes on me, has never clumped either - I don't even need to brush out my lashes with a lash comb after applying. Love this mascara and also the Healthy Volume version - both are in my regular rotation!

Favorite mascara EVER. I have bought so many mascaras from Maybelline to MAC and this is without doubt the best mascara formula and brush for me. The brush is so flexible and it really hugs each individual lash. The brush itself actually curls your lashes up a bit, too.The formula is so light weight and it really looks like your natural lashes. This mascara definitely is amazing and the best I've ever tried. I'd recommend it to anybody.

on 1/20/2013 9:07:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I came across a skinny black tube of this at Walgreens, and the package said New. I like the way it lengthens without feeling crunchy or looking spidery. It does for length what Maybelline's Full N Soft does for volume: it creates a nice, natural-yet-made-up look. I use it for my everyday work look.

When I bought this mascara I had high hopes. Neutrogena products have always been wonderful, but this mascara was anything but. It clumped like crazy and didn't come off, even with makeup remover wipes and water. I shouldn't have to scrub that much at my eyelashes!! The formula was really gloppy, and for people with longer eyelashes, like myself, that is a huge no-no. Sadly, I won't buy it again :(

I actually got this mascara in the Black/Brown color but I think it works just as well. My friend got this item and used it almost for a year and her eyelashes.. They did grow! I wanted some too, but it's a bit pricey at my local drugstore. Yesterday I found it on sale, and I had a coupon and it came out to be about 3 dollars and 50 cents, then tax came in and made it about 4 dollars. It was cheap, and I was pretty happy! It separates my lashes, no clumps and it's waterproof. I have short asian lashes, so i'm not very blessed to have long healthy lashes. I really hope this product will work as well as it did on my friend!

on 5/3/2011 8:51:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This is a very, very natural-looking mascara. It defines/separates nicely and darkens my lashes, but does not lengthen or thicken at all. I do like more of a dramatic look for my lashes lately, so I rarely wear this on its own, unless I’m going for a minimal, no-makeup look. I have started using this as a ‘base coat’ and applying a coat of my L’Oreal Voluminous in Carbon Black overtop, and I like it for that purpose. It nicely defines and separates my lashes before applying a thicker, volumizing formula overtop. The Healthy Lengths does last all day with minimal smudging, and I have no problems with it clumping or flaking. I am not a fan of the brush, even though it serves its purpose well. I just find these ‘rubbery’ brushes prickly and irritating when I get them too close to my eyes. That’s just my preference, though. As far as improving my lash ‘health’, I haven’t been using this long enough to notice a difference, though I’m skeptical that a mascara can affect the condition of my lashes, anyways. This is a decent mascara if you like something that gives the look of naturally enhanced lashes and you like this type of brush, but its nothing special for me.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This would make a really nice basic mascara for everyday use, but I cannot get it off at night :( not matter how many cotton balls with makeup remover I use, I still end up with raccoon eyes. Other than that, however, it is a decent mascara. Looks pretty natural, and feels nice on. I probably won't buy again though, just because I already have a mascara that I love.

on 3/24/2011 10:10:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Grey, Relaxed, Medium

It looks pretty on, and I don't find it clumps at all. But omg, don't let it get wet in the slightest. If your eyes water ever, it's all over. It just dissolves and smears like mad.

Popular Mascaras