LUSH Bubblegum Lip Scrub

LUSH Bubblegum Lip Scrub
Bubblegum Lip ScrubLUSH Bubblegum Lip scrub-My Boy LollipopLUSH Bubblegum Lip ScrubLUSH bubblegum sugar lip scrub

Castor Sugar (Sucrose), Organic Jojoba Oil (Simmondsia chinesis), Flavour, Colour 45410, Colour 45380

on 10/12/2017 10:23:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I have been using this scrub for about two months now and I must say this is the best lip scrub I know of. I'm using it 1-2 times a week and my lips are now constantly soft and smooth. I apply a very small amount of the scrub on slightly damp lips (over a sink!) and massage it in for about 15 seconds, then wash it off with warm water. That's it. Very easy and quick, and the result is so satisfying.
The only thing I'm worried about is that it might gradually dry out since there is a lot of product in that glass pot! After 2 months of use, I barely scratched the surface of it. I wish Lush sold it in smaller amounts (I would not mind buying a fresh one once a year without wasting any product).

on 7/15/2017 2:40:00 PM

I really like this stuff. I will repurchase for sure. Taste really good amd easy to use.

This is the first time I've ever given a 1/5 rating to a product that wasn't painfully allergic/a scam, just because I can usually see how something that didn't work for me might work for other skin tones or types.

This lip scrub was completely useless to me. Sure it smells and tastes wonderful, but it did not do what it is supposed to - remove dead skin and leave my lips smooth. It was even more ineffectual at removing flakes than using a soft bristle toothbrush. Quite often, it felt like it was contributing to the flakes (and I only used it once a week, if that) because the outer parts of my lips would flake, and then the day after using this my entire lips would be flakey.

I know how to take care of my lips. I make sure to exfoliate them regularly (but not too often to avoid excessive damage) and apply certain lip balms that provide long term moisture (balms often include drying ingredients that provide short term moisture but worsen your lips over time) and drink plenty of water. This lip scrub was just a total fail. I have full lips, so they're more prone to cracking and any damage is prominent.

The scrub does dry out easily in the tub so make sure to store it upside down from time to time, which lets the moisture (bubblegum flavouring? oil?) renew the dry bits because it sunk to the bottom.

I liked that it was edible and in a small jar. I disliked the Elf lip scrub because it wasn't edible (having to be really careful with washing it all off was annoying) and the balm stick packaging was awful because it crumbled everywhere and ran out quickly but at least the Elf actually worked, which is the entire point of the product.

1/5 because it doesn't do the one job it's supposed to, and I'm quite sure it actually flaked my lips worse. I doubt it was an allergic reaction because I felt no pain at all.

on 9/13/2016 3:58:00 AM

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

It's pretty nice stuff. I like the smell and taste. it works really well, especially when paired with Lush Ultrabalm- they make a great team. It is a bit messy to use however, so probably using it over the sink would be a good idea.

on 5/17/2016 11:07:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I like this, but wouldn't repurchase it because one, I probably won't be able to use it up anyway, and two, because I think I rather use the empty container and fill it with some home made lip scrub, like sugar, honey and coconut oil (and add food coloring and/or vanilla essence if you want), which does the same thing.
It is pink and cute, but I'm not in love with the smell. Make sure to use this above a sink because it's messy. Lastly, I preferred the consistency of the Popcorn lipscrub, which was a little bit more tacky in comparison to the rather crumbly consistency of this one.

Pro:
- cruelty free
- goes a long way
- exfoliates lips fine

Con:
- crumbly
- bit chemical after taste
- expensive for something you can easily make at home

I just like the smell so I will repurchase. Also the smell really is a upper it actually makes me feel better ,more awake, more fun.

on 2/23/2016 6:12:00 PM

I want to eat this!

Positive sides:
- Pink
- Yummy bubblegum smell and aftertaste
- Scrubs away dead skin
- Makes lips so soft

I see someone else here commented that it could dry out. This isn't the case if you turn it upside down. The moisture is in the bottom, and by turning it upside down it stays moisturized.

on 2/8/2016 3:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

You know all these times you've wanted to taste a Lush product because it smells so amazing? With this, you can! In a way, this product is a ripoff, considering how easy it would be to make a scrub like this yourself. Do I still think it's worth it? Yes. Will I still repurchase when I've run out? Hell yeah. Though I want to try the popcorn one next. This one smells (and tastes, let's not forget that) amazing - like childhood, candy and happy memories. It leaves my lips super soft and nourished. A must have both because of the indulgence and because of its lipstick prepping abilities!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This lip scrub is amazing! But i made a homade lip scrub and it works just as well, it doesnt have to same scent but works the same. So if you want a good affordable lip scrub put 1 tsp of white sugar,brown sugar and honey , then put 1/2 tsp of olive oil mix it up and its simple and as good as the lush one!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This is one of my favourite LUSH products. Actually, it's one of my favourite beauty products. Period.

It smells and tastes delicious and does it's job as an exfoliator well. I use it every day and have bought it more than once (I hardly ever buy beauty products more than once as I prefer to try new products).

The only only negative thing I have to say about it that it's a bit pricey for what is essentially flavoured sugar. However, for me it's worth it because of how much use I get out of it.