3.9

price range

Reviews

1.0

3 years ago

"pur" minerals and they use iron oxides and colorants known to be toxic. Never repurchasing any of their items. Blatantly false advertising.

About reviewer (72 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Other, Other

4 years ago

For me, this has been perfect for my sometimes dry skin over 50 skin. A light hand works best for me as I don't have a lot to cover up but some redness and occasional break out in chin area. Mostly, I use cover to even up the canvas so to speak. This powder does not break my skin out, cake, settle or in any way irritate. I use Monistat Anti-Chaffing Gel for a primer on top of my moisturizer ($7). A dab will do ya whole face nicely. I use the chisel brush and rather than swirl I dap, dap to get some product on the brush and starting with right side of face I swirl big and meet middle of nose and cheek - repeat left side, and a little for the forehead. Same circular motion and blend out a bit. I can use either cream or powder blush on top, not an issue. Staying power is quite remarkable and easily touched up when necessary. Easy, simple, magnifique!

About reviewer (40 reviews)

SkinOther

HairOther

EyesOther

4 years ago

I went to Ulta, and after looking around for about an hour at different products, someone asked me if I needed help which I was exhausted so I said "something with high coverage, mineral foundation, and comes in a VERY light shade", the lovely assistant led me right to this product and I'm glad she did! I swatched it, and immediately knew it would be the perfect color match for my very pale skin. There are no orangy undertones in the lightest shade "porcelain", and it did a great job of covering up my redness without making it look like I was wearing a mask of thick powder. I would recommend pairing this with a primer, as it might smudge with time, or settle into fine lines. When I wear a primer I don't have this issue. Did not break me out AT ALL which is a big plus! It feels light on the skin, and allows build-able coverage to get a full coverage look. Highly recommend for fair skin and/or acne prone skin!

About reviewer (34 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Warm

HairRed, Curly, Medium

4 years ago

I found the secret to using this product is ensuring you use the primer. I exfoliate, moisturise, prime and then apply the powder. and wow what a difference. I have had people commenting on how bright and glowing my skin is. A sales consultant in a department store told me to use the primer before moisturising but that led to an ill effect. I noticed it appeared dull and not as vibrant but more drying- so I switched back to moisturise, prime and then apply. Also I need good coverage and this gets the job done! I use the light tan. I cannot see me using liquid ever again as this truly suits my skin. However I am not opposing to exploring other mineral powder foundations as I do find this a bit pricey.

About reviewer (4 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBlond, Straight, Medium

2.0

4 years ago

I bought this foundation September 2015 at a two-for-one sale at Ulta, so I only paid half price for two compacts. I'm regretting that now, as I doubt I'll even finish one. PROS - Lightweight, buildable coverage: I use a buffing brush for lighter coverage and a DRY sponge for more. - Color match: this line appears to run yellow, which is good for me. Even after several hours of wear it won't oxidize to orange. - Gentle formula didn't break me out. CONS - DO NOT USE A WET SPONGE WITH THIS FOUNDATION. I tried it once to see if I could get more coverage without the dryness. Because it's a mineral foundation, the damp sponge basically muddied the top layer so that it dried completely solid. I eventually gave up trying to scrape that away and moved onto the other compact I bought. - Texture: this foundation isn't very smooth and it can be difficult to pick up from the pan. I'd have to really dig in a brush or a sponge to get sufficient foundation to blend onto my face. - No oil control: for a powder foundation, this is the worst I've used in terms of combating greasiness. I've used it with several different moisturizers, with/without concealer, and with/without mattifying powders and the result is still the same - I get shiny within a couple hours of wear. My skin feels tacky, and no amount of blotting keeps the shine from getting worse. A friend of mine, who has normal to dry skin, used this foundation and had problems with shine as well. - The packaging is heavy and cumbersome and much too big for a simple foundation pan. You could play hockey with this thing. Overall, this foundation left me disappointed. I don't recommend it and I will definitely not repurchase.

About reviewer (6 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Curly, Medium

1.0
from

4 years ago

After loving this product for a few weeks, love turned to hate. I noticed none of the product was transferring to my brush. I had to scrape a layer (which is wasting a lot of product) to remove a skin that formed on the powder surface. I have to repeat this process every few days. It is a messy and expensive remedy just to get some powder onto the brush. I was foolish enough to buy two of these so out a bit of money.

About reviewer (5 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair

HairBrunette

3.0

4 years ago

I just don't get it :( my go to powder foundation is the bellapierre compact, it's wonderful in many ways. However, after returning from a long sun holiday I needed a new foundation shade for an event. My beloved bellapierre was out of stock, and so I turned to this, as it's been hyped as super duper awesome. It just looked flat, not in an un-moisturised way, just like my skin had no life, it was odd, but what made it worse was the OXIDISATION! Foundations don't usually oxidise on me, such a shame about this one.

About reviewer (15 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Olive, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Other, Fine

5 years ago

My go-to! Gives a light, good coverage but natural overall look. Looks best on exfoliated/ and moisturized skin, otherwise shows flaking on skin. Has never broken me out, clogged my pores or dried out my skin. Looks great applied as a finishing powder over foundation/ concealer or by itself. Personally, my skin gets flaky/ dry when irritated but this product has never been a problem. If you have oily skin you may need to apply twice a day

About reviewer (1 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairRed

5 years ago

After trying other foundations, I always find myself coming back to this. It is flawless, it blends like a dream , you could even apply this in the dark, I'm not kidding !! It's beautiful, it isn't cakey , it isn't oily , it doesn't clog pores and it is so, so beautiful ! It covers redness , it blurs pores, it covers pimples too. It's really quite amazing! As someone else mentioned , make sure your skin is well moisturized and not oily before applying , for best results. After a long search and trying everything under the sun , I am back to this and sticking with it!!

About reviewer (33 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinSensitive, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Curly, Medium

EyesHazel

from

5 years ago

Excellent mineral pressed powder foundation. I'm in shade Light Tan. I prefer this over the IT Cosmetics celebration foundation.

About reviewer (4 reviews)

SkinOily