Aquolina Pink Sugar Sensual

Filtered by skin type : Normal
Aquolina Pink Sugar Sensual

on 5/11/2015 11:09:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I got a compliment on this yesterday from someone standing behind me at the Mother's Day buffet -- a lady in her 20's-30's, who was juggling her 2 young kids. She told me, "You smell good! Your perfume smells so good!". She didn't ask, but I volunteered the name to her. At that point in the day, I couldn't really smell it on myself any more, but I guess others could.

Launched in 2009, here are the notes, per parfumo.net:

Top Notes - Bergamot, Black currant, Mandarin
Heart Notes - Pink jasmine, Orange blossom, Tiar�
Base Notes - Sandalwood, Vanilla, Toffee

I also own original Pink Sugar, and the Sensual flanker is *very* different, in my humble opinion -- in a good way -- I like it much better. The "burnt" note of the original PS is completely absent in Sensual (yay) -- and Sensual is much more smooth, soft, and skin-musky -- like a soft, smooth, puffy cloud of light vanilla skin-muskiness. The original is good but tends to give me a headache if I don't use a *tiny* amount -- but Sensual is softer & muskier so that it doesn't give me a headache.

It's almost like 1/2 soft vanilla and 1/2 skin musks -- with an airy-creamy pillowy smoothness and cloudlike quality -- it almost smells like a bath product rather than a spray perfume. Not overly sweet or sugary, it's actuallly very easy-to-wear, soft, feminine, and nice -- and it can work well for any age, I think. Similar to Katy Perry "Meow" and Paris Hilton "Can Can", which I also really like. All are pillowy soft vanilla-based perfumes.

I like the original Pink Sugar and thought this would be a sexified version of it. Don't get me wrong, this is a great perfume, but I was hoping for something sexier. If you want to smell girly and tasty like Pink Sugar but a more sensual, try Victoria's Secret Noir Tease instead of Pink Sugar Sensual.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I got this at TJ maxx, and I like the original, but I LOVE this spin! It is such a great sexy scent, I absolutely love wearing it out, it really gets men's attention. lol... Its top notes are bergamot and black currant, and its heart notes include nuances of jasmine petals with an orange bloom. These give way to sandalwood and vanilla accords that form its base notes. AHHHH incredible!! I would not wear this to work, i think it is a bit heavy, and more of a night time scent. I really recommend this scent to single girls lol, trust me, it gets attention

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

unfortunately at the store i didn't really smell it properly, when i got home i sprayed it and it smells EXCACTLY like Britney Spears Fantasy. Smells gorgeous but I already have 2 bottles of the fantasy so had to sell my pink sugar

on 12/18/2011 6:24:00 AM

got a sample of this from ulta, and all i can say is im in love :) this stuff smells sooo good i want to lick my arm when its on. my boyfriend even loves it, and he doesnt usually comment on my fragrances. it's not too sweet like pink sugar, and it has a little more of a grown up feel to it. i like pink sugar as well, but sometimes its just overdone. this gives me the same pink sugar notes as the original with a little more spice. love it!

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

As soon as I spotted this, I bought it in the spot. It's everthing I thought it would be. A more grown up version of the original. This reminds me of Hard Candy, Magnetism and Fantasy. They're all along the lines of sensual cotton candy with a nice musk added. I love them all.

on 5/22/2011 2:32:00 PM

just got this at tj maxx for $16:00, took a chance because I love the original pink sugar, love this one, too! Perfect sweet/fruity fragrance, just right for spring!

on 4/20/2011 4:25:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I am updating my review after wearing this for an evening, No staying power like the regular smells cheap to me just not as good as regular pink sugar this is a dup of fantasy

on 8/19/2010 12:42:00 PM

Pink Sugar Sensual is nice but it does not have the pizzaz the original Pink Sugar has. While Pink Sugar is all about cotton candy, candied apples, caramel, and having fun Pink Sugar Sensual loses some of the candyish scent. It's still a carnival type scent but its toned down a little. Upon initial spritz you definitely detect a heavy sugar note but that goes away soon and you are left with a wonderful, billowey scent of vanilla. I was wearing this one day and i was sitting out on my front porch and all of a sudden i got bursts of a wonderful vanilla scent all around me and it made me think of cotton ball clouds in the sky. Cute little scent.

I was so excited to try this new version of pink sugar. I got a sample from Sephora and all I can say is it smells just like Fantasy by Brittany Spears, which I am not a fan of. Needless to say, I will be sticking to the original pink sugar.

Popular Fragrances