Coppola Keratin Complex Smoothing Therapy Treatment

Filtered by skin tone : Medium
Coppola    Keratin Complex Smoothing Therapy Treatment

4.1

on 9/26/2014 10:46:00 AM

Stick with the "original" Keratin Complex Smoothing Treatment, its wonderful!!! The new glycolic acid version made my hair smell like rotten sauerkraut for over a week!!! Yuck!!! The original is more expensive and takes longer, but it's worth it. I look for salon specials or Groupons (Groupon.com) to get the best price.

on 8/23/2013 1:56:00 PM

I have been using this product (Coppola KT) since 2008...and I prefer this to a relaxer any day...I am black and have coarse curly hair and this has been the best product for my hair without using a relaxer. My hair stylist did try at one point a different product, the "bioionic kerasmooth" because it was a faster process than the Coppola Keratin Therapy! Wrong answer for my hair, the Bioionic kerasmooth broke my hair off and gave me patches...I ended up cutting off all of the long hair I had grown from the Coppola KT in order to get my hair back healthy. When I went back to her and she saw the damage she did a protein treatment (two separate times) and when the timing was right we reintroduced the Coppola KT back to my hair and it is growing back healthier again! It doesn't mean it works for everyone but it has been a great product for me. I usually get the treatment done every 3 months, sometimes I've pushed 4 months, but I can tell the condition of my hair once it's time for a new treatment it is dry on the ends and my new growth or roots are really frizzy so my hair knows when it needs a new treatment and I get it done...perfect!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

It contains highly hazardous chemicals!!!!!!
"Keratin Complex Smoothing Therapy contains octanal, also known as aldehyde C-8. This formaldehyde-based preservative works to preserve the formula for the duration of its shelf life, but also plays a part in relaxing the hair follicle, as outlined in "Cosmetics Unmasked" by Stephen and Gina Antczak. There are two ingredients used to thicken the Smoothing Therapy formula---guar gum and hydroxyethylcellulose. Both of these chemicals are synthesized from natural ingredients. There are three ingredients in Coppola's Keratin Complex Smoothing Therapy that keep the oil and water-based ingredients from separating over time. These ingredients are xanthan gum, glyceryl monococate and glycol distearate, The ingredients also include p-benzoquinone, a chemical designed to keep the chemical compounds stable. P-benzoquinone also acts as an antimicrobial agent, keeping potentially harmful microorganisms from forming in the product, according to "A Consumer's Dictionary of Cosmetic Ingredients" by Ruth Winter."
--livestrong.com

on 5/29/2011 7:38:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

i have very curly coarse fine hair. In the humidity it gets even worse. I have done this treatment 3 times now. almost every 6month. I LOVE it. Can't say enough. Its the best.usually it takes me 40 minutes to blowdry my hair straight.But now it takes 15 minutes and i dont need to do much.It such a relieve.the best thing i have ever done.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I have dry hair due to Hashimoto's disease (thyroid) and in the past year and a half since I've been diagnosed, my hair has been very dry, and lots of breakage halfway up the hairshaft. I stopped going to a salon or doing anything to my hair because it was just so awful. My self esteem went downhill along with the condition of my hair. I finally got sick of my hair color and condition, and went to a new stylist. She recommended the Coppola Keratin Treatment, and I agreed to try it. First, it is EXPENSIVE! But, it lasts 3-5 months. No chlorinated swimming pools and you have to use sulfate free shampoo and conditioners, and alcohol free styling products. Second, it takes about 3 hours to do. Bring a good book. Third, you can't wash your hair or use anything to hold your hair back for 72 hours because it will cause a kink in your hair. If you get your hair wet for any reason during the 72 hours you have to blow dry it and flat iron it. Lots to consider, I know. Now, on to the good stuff: how it worked: this made my formally frizzy hair smooth. Yes! Smooth!! Before I could feel the breakage up the hairshaft, now, I run my fingers along my hair and I feel nothing but smooth hair. This is not a straightener, but it will make your routine much easier to do and shorter. I've not blown out my hair yet. I prefer the curly look and this has made my spiral curls perfect without any product in my hair to make them that way. I just wash, and go. The one thing I do is use this shampoo/conditioner called Thermafuse that my stylist recommended, and she told me to leave the conditioner in my hair and NOT rinse it out (even though the directions on the bottle say to). They are sulfate free and are supposed to help condition your hair with heat. I did partially blow dry my hair with leaving the conditioner in and I loved how it made my hair feel even softer, with no residue. But, I digress. Bottom line: a great treatment, that is time consuming and expensive, and best done when you have a few days off so you don't have to worry about styling your hair. Remember, No sulfate shampoos, No alcohol in your styling products, and NO getting hair wet in swimming pools. These things will help you get more mileage from your Keratin Treatment. I put up before/after pics on my profile, under miscellaneous. Not the best, but you can get an idea of the difference the treatment makes.

on 3/13/2011 8:20:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This treatment is ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!!! I was sooo sick of my hair, so much effort to stay straight and to make it look halfway decent. It is a little expensive, I bought the 8 oz. bottle and will be able to get two treatments out of it, so it is not that bad at all. The instructions say to use 2-3 oz. of product but I found that I used about 4-5. It was my first time doing the treatment so I probably just layered it on. I did it myself and it took two and a half hours. But I saved the cost of going to a salon, and it really was not very difficult at all. The three days afterward of not washing, putting in a ponytail or even behind my ears were OK, I couldn't go to the gym or anything and had to be careful washing my face. I did the treatment on a Monday and Friday I got my hair colored. it is best to get the treatment done after hair color to seal it in, but it just didn't work that way with my schedule. Anyway, my hair colorist was SO IMPRESSED with the results that she wrote down the name of the treatment, it is like i have a new head of hair. my hair is AMAZING. I cannot emphasize this enough. My hair used to be frizzy, hard to control, very curly, thick. I would HATE going to the beach or water park in fear of a frizzy mess. I am a waitress at a restaurant at the beach, right on the water, and fear for those humid summer nights with my hair looking a mess. Now my hair stays silky, soft, and straight. It took my hair colorist 15 minutes to blow dry and straighten. that is all. I am soooo thrilled for my shiny, soft, AMAZING hair. it is very healthy now. I will continue to use this treatment for as long as I can, and i PRAY that it never becomes discontinued. Give this a try, you will definitely not regret it.

keratin straightening costs me $350 at the hairdresser, but i bought the clarifying shampoo and straightening treatment on the internet and it cost $70 per treatment. $255 including postage, whereas three treatments at the hairdresser would be $1,050! it is really simple to apply and you can use your ghd. keratin's straightening iron is around $150 but the only difference is 20 degrees in heat. instructions are on the back and if i can do it, anyone can

on 4/7/2010 12:23:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

I have used this product for the second time now, and my hair looks and feels better than the first time... I didn't get it done at a salon, which was going to charge me AU$700, but got help from my aunt and it ended up costing me a little over AU$300, with enough product left for two more applications.
The first time i used this product i didn't use the same brand shampoo and conditioner, and the application process was hard and long. I was overall happy with the results first time round, although my hair did stay pretty curly, there was limited frizz.
The second time round I purchased the Coppola clarifying shampoo along with the keratin shampoo and conditioner for around AU$20 off of strawberrynet. The application time was cut in half and was not as hard as the first time and the results were so much better. I just washed my hair after the 72 hours and my hair is soft, silky, shiny, much healthier and no longer curly, it just has a slight wave to it.

I really advise this product if your looking for something to help end frizz problems as it has cut down my frizz dramatically. Before my first treatment my hair (just past my shoulders) could have been mistaken for an afro, but now it dries naturally close to my head and sleek.

on 3/2/2010 10:25:00 PM

My experience with Coppola Keratin Complex

Hairdresser told me it should be effective for 3 to 5 months

My hair: super thick, coarse, dry, frizzy and uncontrollable poof factor.

Week 1: Love it (March)

Week 3: ..still loving it. I don't even use hair conditioner anymore. It actually makes my hair greasy. I have not had to use any styling products either since the treatment. My hair is so much nicer now and consistently nice. What a relief!

Month 3.: ..still recommend it, some wave is coming back

3 1/2 Months THE POOF IS BACK...I had to start using hair conditioner in my hair care regime. Some Frizz is back! So, I had to start using styling products again to control the poof factor. I even had to take the straightening iron to it. The poof factor is not nearly as bad as my hair is normally without the treatment. I notice my old wave coming back too.

Month 5 (August): I will let you know

Summary: I think the hairdresser was saying, you will have perfect hair for 3 months, by month 5 you will begging to have the treatment done again!