Kiehl's Rare Earth Deep Pore Daily Cleanser

Kiehl's Rare Earth Deep Pore Daily Cleanser

3.5

Water, Kaolin, Glycerin, Alcohol Denat., Sodium Cocoyl Glycinate, Coco-Betaine, Acrylates Copolymer, Sodium Chloride, Titanium Dioxide, Diatomaceous Earth, Phenoxyethanol, PEG-14M, Glycol Distearate, Sodium Benzoate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Salicylic Acid, Oat Kernel Flour, Tocopherol, Sodium Hydroxide, Allantoin

on 12/27/2017 11:52:00 AM

I got this free from Kiehl's when I got to pick a free face wash when placing my order. Not sure if I would have tried it otherwise. I think it is a nice, slightly grainy face wash that leaves my skin soft. I have had no irritation or dryness. I thinks it's weird to use a face wash that you must avoid getting it in eyes, so not sure I would buy.

on 11/4/2017 11:29:00 PM

This is not suitable for normal/dry skin. I got this as a sample and had a few break outs so decided to try it, I put it all over my face, scrubbed it in gently then rinsed with warm water then cold water. At first my face felt very clean although a little dehydrated, gradually over the next 10 - 20 minutes my face felt tight, extremely dehydrated with dry patches, I could feel my lips beginning to dry and crack. My skin felt like it really needed something on it and like it'd had the life sucked out of it, on a positive side though there was no irritation or redness and I have sensitive skin.
I put on a hydrating serum, lip balm and trilogy rosehip hip oil which usually leaves my skin really smooth and hydrated, although it did stop the tightness my skin still wasn't 100%.
Besides the dryness after a few hours my spots were seriously reduced in size and looked to be clearing up.
Id say if someone has super oily, acne prone skin this would be a holy grail life saver. If I had loads of money I would by this and use it as a spot treatment but would never put it on my whole face as it's disastrous for my skin type. Great for breakouts though

on 4/1/2017 3:18:00 AM

What's wrong with this product??? Urgggghhhhh it gives me acnes.. broke me out.. fortunately i didnt buy it, i got the sample size.. though the scrub is very gentle, didnt iritate my skin..

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Didn't really do anything for me, didn't make my skin better but was a nice cleanser and mild exfoliator to get all the dirt and traces of makeup off my face.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I love this cleanser. I use Cetaphil daily, but I make sure to use this twice a week, or whenever my skin is feeling particularly gross. This heads out breakouts whenever I feel like a zit is "forming"

This is also the only facial cleanser that can remove EL Double Wear without any makeup remover (I forgot to bring on a trip). I used toner after that and no trace of Double Wear remained.

*Lost one lippie because I would not use it daily, as it is exfoliating, and that it is quite pricey.

on 2/5/2016 3:31:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is a really great cleanser for oily and acne prone skin.
I got a sample of this and decided to buy the full size version as I enjoyed it so much. The cleanser is a lovely creamy consistency and the addition of clay in this cleanser is excellent to eliminate excess oils on the skin. It also slightly exfoliates and is not too harsh on the skin. This cleanser did not over dry my skin and I did see an improvement in the clarity of my skin whilst using this.
Overall, this cleanser is a great option for oily and acne prone skin. The only complaint I have is that in my opinion, this product is ridiculously over priced.

on 11/15/2015 11:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

This was really irritating on my skin I found, and I have fairly oily skin certain times of the year. It has a clay texture, but my skin didn't feel clean after using it. I wasn't impressed with this cleanser. It also has a lot of alcohol in it, which is unnecessary and irritating.

on 8/30/2015 1:12:00 PM

All i can say is this product is saved my skin. I hope they produce it forever.

on 7/15/2015 10:39:00 AM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Other

This is not a 'run for the hills, it's so bad' kind of cleanser, but at least I found it far too harsh, and as such it gets a low rating from me.

Like many other products, I actually really liked this at the beginning--enough to use up my tester and buy the full tube. It seemed to really clean up my face and make a significant difference. The problems started somewhere mid-way through the tube, or, more accurately, it was only then that I realized that my skin was acting up because it was reacting to this cleanser. It does what I have since learnt cleansers should not do, namely scrubs your skin with small granules, and that's far too much physical exfoliation on a daily basis. My oily, acne-prone skin didn't take kindly to that kind of treatment and rebelled. So I put it aside and went on a hunt for gentler cleansing options :)

on 8/15/2014 6:57:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

OMG! This cleanser has made a HUGE difference on my skin during the last 3 months.
I have always had dry, sensitive skin but within a year my skin has gotten horrible: due to hormonal changes my skin has been constantly breaking out, shining like crazy and reacting very strongly to all new products. And I have tried many, many new products hoping some of them could make my horrible, oily and pizza-like skin calm down. I have really tried everything: La Roche posay (almost every line they have: effaclar, toleriane, reddermic, hydreane, physiological), Vichy, Avene, Yves Saint Laurent, Dior, Neutrogena, Clinique, Clarins, Biotherm... you name it! La roche posays Effaclar and Neutrogenas Pink Grapefruit- lines worked best for me, but they also dried my skin out and made it Super duper oily. I had to buy makeup primers for oily skin, which Iīve never done before, and even they did not help me. And still, my skin was breaking out.

But, then I decided to give one last go and try Kiehlīs rare earth cleanser. I have tried the Basic cleanser (ultra facial) By Kiehlīs and my skin hated it: pimples and itchiness. But this one really made a miracle happen! In one night my oiliness was completely away. And in one week my pimples and break outs were fading away, and I didnīt get any new ones. My skin did not get dry or red, but it felt nice. Soft, healthy and (almost) glowing. I thought that it wonīt last but here I am. I am now on my second tube and I have been using this miracle cleanser for 3 months. My skin has gotten back to normal (I still get a few pimples once a month) but boy what a difference! I also use the rare earth pore minimizing lotion AM/PM, but I think the miracleworker is the cleanser.

Itīs a bit pricey (ca.20e/tube) and the tube lasts 3 months in my use, but since Iīve spent hundreds and hundreds or euros to products that do not work for me, this is a small price for my new, healthy skin.

The formula is kind of ugly, very clayish and grey, doesnīt smell at all and itīs a bit scrubby. Itīs not too scrubby, and I can use it twice a day eventhough my skin is still quite sensitive.

I donīt know why this cleanser has helped me, it just somewhat balances my Super reactive, combination, mixed, oily-dry skin and eliminates the reactions to hormonal changes. One thing is sure: I have never ever liked a cleanser as much as I do like this one. I could definetely not live without it.