I purchased this concealer after seeing it featured quite often on The Daily Face blog. I usually don't make purchases like this, all those fancy MUFE and MACs are nice and all, but I am so low-maintenance, and that price-tag just doesn't sit well with me. But I went for it, because my dark under-eye circles have yet to be tamed by concealers, and I just had to see what all the hype was about.
I have been using this product for.. Months, now. Maybe even a good year or so, I've lost track of time. I have been repurchasing it, even though the applicator is an absolute mess, and even though it doesn't last very long. See, I'm simple like that — I was just automatically repurchasing it. Then I ran out of it again, and I thought, "Gee, this is really draining my bank account here. This tiny little concealer pen is clearly not working well enough so that I wouldn't be wasting all of it, and it's hella expensive". So I went online and started looking at reviews. Sadly, I'm still at a loss — I don't tend to have the puffy "bags", and I think... This is gonna sound weird, but I think that my under-eye circles are different than others'. My severely dry skin makes it so that it's almost like my entire eye turns slightly brown, and my entire face looks more pale, but it looks quite different from others', as far as I've seen. Maybe I was just raised to think I'm special :D
Anyway, am I going to repurchase this? No, I'd much rather take on a little quest to find something that's truly worth my time and my repurchasing.
For those of you who are still wondering if you should get it, I'll explain the product, so you could make the best possible decision:
* If you've never used it before, the first thing you're going to feel when you open it is ANGER and HATE. That's totally normal, that's due to the stupid silicone applicator. You do get used to it, and it slowly turns into a love-hate relationship with lots of sighs and eye-rolling. Hurray.
* Yes, it does dispense too much, but I've seen geniuses here say they've figured out that you need to turn it only until it clicks the one time, and then squeeze the silicone tube thingy until what's in it comes out — I was never this smart about mine, so learn from them and do that, or don't purchase this because I'm pretty sure MUFE is laughing hysterically at all of us right now from some ivory tower somewhere.
* The color blending is very good. It is quite sheer, so if you're looking for a very full coverage, move it along, sister/brother. The sheerness of it actually works alright in a way that makes you not look like "I HAVEN'T SLEPT IN DAYS AND I MUST STAY AWAKE AHHHHH", you know, how some people look when they're wearing cakey concealers. This just doesn't have that option, I've found, which is good, because ain't nobody got time for being really good at applying concealers (yes, I'm quite lazy in the morning).
* I can't say much about creases, because I'm.. Well, I'm 25 and don't really have anywhere for this to crease. I also have dry skin, so maybe that's part of it, I don't know. Sorry for not being of better help in that department.
* I am 325, light skin, and it blends beautifully, even when I'm tan. When I'm really tan, I just blend it more, kinda, if that makes sense. It's very sheer, as I've mentioned, so whichever tone you are, it's pretty much bound to blend well — the only question is, how well did you want it to blend, really? I mean, you wanted it to conceal. I dunno.
* The texture is nice, it's really not thick, so blending is easy. DID I MENTION BLENDING? I FEEL LIKE I NEED TO MENTION BLENDING SOME MORE. :)
K, yeah, I feel like that's all I've got. I loved you, MUFE concealer, but it's time for me to find a new friend. Goodbye for now, old friend.