eos Smooth Sphere Lip Balm

eos Smooth Sphere Lip Balm

3.5

Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil*, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil*, Beeswax (cire d'abeille)*, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil*, Flavor, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter)*, Stevia Rebaudiana Leaf/Stem Extract*, Tocopherol, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil*, Vanilla Planifolia Fruit Extract*. *ORGANIC

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I used this for three years and I realized its the reason I had chaped lips. I switched over to ChapStick Total Hydration and have been using it for a week now and haven't had chaped lips since.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

i dont even know why people are hyping about this product, it just works the same as any lip balms out there and i'd rather have a stick balm because this one so bulky and i think it's very unhygienic because half of the balm is exposed when using it. would not repurchase.

To Read all 111 Reviews, Login or Join

on 2/10/2016 5:08:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

These lip balms are definitely overrated.

I like that they are natural and organic, the packaging is super cute, and they smell great.
But they are a little expensive and I think there are bette natural lip balms out there.
When my lips are extremely dry and chapped, this does not do the job.

on 1/26/2016 1:07:00 PM

I threw all my Eos lip balms in the trash.

I thought these were OK at first - maybe two years ago when I first got my hands on one. One of my friends sold this product, so she gave me tons of them in different colors and assortments. I noticed some of them were super plastic-y and sickly, and some colors made me get pimples around the corners of my mouth. Lots of people have allergic reactions to this product, something in it is NOT nice to the skin. I don't recommend it at all. The packaging is super cute, but gets grimy and gross as guck can get into it while it's closed after a while, also is very very difficult to clean. All in all, no.

This product did not work for me at all! It made my lips even more dry and made them itch like crazy--almost like an allergic reaction.. It also really burned my lips as well and made them peel. Carmex works great as well as aquafor healing ointment if you're looking for an inexpensive option.. If you're willing to dish out big bucks for a lip balm, purchase the one by La Mer.,. It's around 50.00 bucks, give or take, but works wonders and smells great too. Hope this helps!

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

I didn't initially buy into the whole eos hype, but a friend of mine gave me a 2-pack of these lip balms as a gift and, to my surprise, I rather enjoyed them, so much so that I now have a collection of 10 eos lip balm spheres:
- Coconut Milk*
- Honeysuckle Honeydew*
- Passion Fruit* (2)
- Pomegranate Raspberry
- Strawberry Sorbet (LE as far as I know, comes in breast cancer awareness pack)
- Sweet Mint (2)
- Vanilla Bean* (LE in winter 2015 pack)
- Vanilla Mint*

I have very dry lips and this was recommended to me by a few of my friends, who spoke very highly of them. I feel that the level of moisture/hydration varied from flavour to flavour; I marked the best ones with an asterisk (*) in my list above. As for the others, I find myself reapplying more often to achieve the same level of moisture, so I understand why other reviewers thought these were drying, although I didn't feel any drying myself.
They all have very pleasant scents and don't appear to have much dye in them, since they're all a white/cream colour inside.
The packaging is indeed very cute. The plastic sphere is supposed to be leak-proof, and the balm inside hasn't melted at all. My only issue the packaging is that it's not very convenient to keep inside my pocket or my overstuffed pencil case, but I usually have one in my locker or bag. I keep the others on display in a little bowl on my desk.
The prices varies by store, but the range I see is usually $3.99 to $6.99 CAD for one eos lip balm sphere. However, they do release gift sets with 2 or 3 in a package for around $10 sometimes, and they usually include LE flavours. I prefer to repurchase by getting the gift sets, since it is technically cheaper, although I repurchase individually if there's a sale at my local drugstore/department store.

on 1/4/2016 4:24:00 PM

I finally gave in and spent the £7.99 Topshop was selling these for (the only place in the UK that sold them until a few months ago) after seeing everyone on the internet, especially youtubers, recommend this product. After seeing the adorable packaging, and smelling the delightful, fruity scents, I was instantly drawn in. However, the I was very much disappointed after the first time I used it, as instead of delivering a hydrating formula, it seemed to dry out my lips even more. I assumed this was because it was near the end of winter, and so allergy season was coming closer. I religiously used this for the next few months, and I even convinced myself to buy a new one, thinking that because all the other youtubers seemed to like it, it must've been me being very strange. I was shocked to find that after applying the blue (Blueberry?) EOS, that my lips began peeling, and after continuous application, began burning. My lips hurt so much I could barely move them. Definitely do not recommend

on 1/4/2016 2:29:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This lip balm has super cute packaging, but that is where the praise ends for me. My lips do not feel moisturized after using them and the scents are not great.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Okay, so these lip balms are super cute and look like little easter eggs. However, they don't do much for your lips what so ever! I know a lot of girls that swear by these but I just don't see the hype. They don't moisturize at all and my lips get dry right after using them. Not sure how these are so popular but if you need a good lip balm try Carmex!

on 12/27/2015 7:27:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

honesty i was so excited to buy these, but i was disappointed! one you apply your lips turn dry straight away! and hardly no lip balm applys on your lips :( but they do smell good and look pretty!!

Popular Lip Treatments