3.8

$26.00 on Sephora
Shop Now

Reviews

23 days ago

Oftentimes I wonder if charcoal really pulls out toxins from the skin, or if this is essentially a glorified mud mask. I do have brighter, less oily skin (I have dry skin that gets oily in warmer weather) when I use this but I also feel that a cheaper, less expensive mask could work too.

About reviewer (208 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Neutral

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

4 months ago

This is a decent mask. I have very oily skin and tend to have some acne. I never really noticed a a big difference in my pores being clearer or my skin being less oily, but my skin did always look great after using it - bright and super soft. I would have liked to have seen actual unclogging of pores, but I still got blackheads and whiteheads, even the day after use. Still, I would buy it again for the way my skin looked after. It's also reasonably priced, especially for the amount of product you get.

About reviewer (63 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinVery Oily, Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

from

4 months ago

I think this is not a must have for me. I was hoping it would help with blackheads and keratin filaments. It doesn't, I've tried a thick layer or a thin, both didn't lead to any results. I think if you have under the skin cystic acne this might be a good product to try. I use it as a spot treatment and prefer it like that. Good product but not a must have.

About reviewer (99 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Other, Other

EyesBlue

1.0

6 months ago

SUPER DISAPPOINTED. Left my face red the following days and I am super filled with texture. My acne seems to be only getting worse after each use.

About reviewer (51 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Olive, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

EyesBlack

a year ago

It's a fantastic product. I have used it more than once and would love to get another one, but we don't have it in Nigeria.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinOily, Medium

HairBlack

a year ago

This is one of my fave fave fave charcoal masks. It is simple and lovely and not harsh but will suck all the gross face stuff right up to the surface. When I have angry blemishes (I get whiteheads), I slather this on for ten minutes, wash off and follow up with a soothing mask or treatment (my go-tos for that are the Origins cannabis mask, Imselene's donkey milk mask, or Desitin). The blemishes are rapidly healthier and less painful and it speeds up their life cycle. I always keep this on hand.

About reviewer (53 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Other, Other

EyesGray

a year ago

This is a decent face mask. I'm extremely oily. So oily that without mattifying products I wash my face and then every hour after that I'm filling up 3 to 5 big boscia blotting sheets. I also have adult hormonal acne that's exactly the same as my teen acne and although there's nothing I can do from the outside to stop them coming there is things I can do from the outside to dry them up and treat them and drain them (eww! I know lol I wrote a whole super mattifying products that really work good blog on my blog at yarnandbeauty.blogspot dot com.) And I like this mask. It's decent and it feels nice putting it on and then letting it tighten and then washing it off. It makes my face more glowy immediately afterwards because of all the blood flow of Basically massaging my face that long through that many steps but overall I seen no results really. I may be bias and have super high standards because of the Glam Glow Supermud mask. I mean how could you not be after using a mask capable of sucking out so much oil you actually see the mask around your most oily areas turning wet looking again in a pore or zit shape because its literally sucking stuff out of my skin. So much oil and gunk that I'm almost completely matte alll day the next day which I've never experienced before that mask. So I admit because of this mask and the capabilities I can see that a mask can have this mask kind of falls flat on it's face with me. It's not expensive in terms of sephora skincare and masks they carry but its way too expensive not to see immediate results and so I never repurchased. Everyones skin is so different I can't recommend or not because this could be a holy grail for you. What I do recommend is going to sephora and asking for a sample of this before you buy it. They will give you one and you don't have to buy anything in the process. Go home and test it and then decide.

About reviewer (6 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair

HairSilver

EyesHazel

a year ago

My absolute must have for clogged pores!!! Whenever I feel like my skin texture is rough or is getting congested with black/whiteheads (particularly on my cheeks and jawline) I exfoliate thoroughly to remove dead skin and apply a opaque layer of the masque to the area and let it sit until completely dry. upon application it can sting slightly if you have sensitive skin (like me) this dissipates quickly though and I do feel it’s possibly because I exfoliate BEFORE I use this but for me that helps the product to unblock the pores!! it’s tough to remove but I recommend you emulsify liberally with water before wiping away using a wash cloth, I have never been so impressed with a product targeted at blemishes before it is very good stuff!! Packaging is perfect for travel and even available in a mini size, lasts me a long enough time too which is surprising since I use it 3-4x weekly.

About reviewer (24 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinAcne-prone, Fair

HairBrown

EyesBlue

2.0

2 years ago

I have normal to dry dehydrated sensitive skin with no whiteheads or blackheads. I bought this mask for deep cleansing (pore cleansing). Unfortunately, I had failed to do so. Frankly, I think only peel-off or BHA masks are actually capable of clearing the pores. Each time I used it my skin felt really clean, but my small pores didn't look any different. The mask made my cheeks dry, but the rest of the face - super smooth. Unfortunately, the next day I woke up with a couple of coming out itchy pimples (that's unusual). New pimples were coming out every time the next day after I've used the mask. I don't see any bad ingredients in the formula and I have no idea why do I have such a reaction. Tried the mask on my husband, as for me his pores stayed exactly the same before and after using the mask. Maybe it works better on oilier skins and large pores? Not impressed.

About reviewer (667 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

EyesHazel

2 years ago

I received this mask from Sephora by cashing in my points for the small trial size version. I wasn't sure about it so I didn't use it for a month. However once I looked it up on Paula's Choice I was hooked! This leaves my pores looking tight and closed. It makes my face feel very soft and really helps to lift any makeup residue left behind after cleaning. It doesn't have a smell to it which is great. The packaging is great as it comes from a squeeze tube. It goes on easy and dries quickly. This is after all a charcoal clay mask. So yes it will harden but not difficult to wipe off. I just run a cloth under warm water and drape it over my face for 10 secs (if that) and then slowly start to wipe off and it comes off with no problems. This always leaves my face looking awesome even into the next day. My makeup goes on so beautifully on the days I use it the night before. I always use it at night time to relax with!

About reviewer (81 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair, Neutral