Maybelline New York Color Sensational Lip Gloss (All Colors)

Filtered by age: 19-24

4.1

C18-36 ACID TRIGLYCERIDE, BIS-DIGLYCERYL POLYACYLADIPATE-2, PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRAISOSTEARATE, POLYBUTENE, TRIDECYL TRIMELLITATE, DIISOSTEARYL MALATE, SILICA DIMETHYL SILYLATE, PENTYLENE GLYCOL, CALCIUM SODIUM BOROSILICATE, CALCIUM ALUMINUM BOROSILICATE, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, PARFUM/FRAGRANCE, LIMONENE, ALUMINA, SILICA, SYNTHETIC FLUORPHLOGOPITE, ETHYL MENTHANE CARBOXAMIDE, TIN OXIDE, BENZYL ALCOHOL, MEL/HONEY, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, POLYETHYLENE TEREPHTHALATE, CITRAL, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, ACRYLATES COPOLYMER, HYDROXYPALMITOYL SPHINGANINE, LINALOOL, DIMETHICONE, FIL D36361/1

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Felt very sticky and had a very disgusting taste. I think it dried out my lips more than anything and the sparkle shimmer was too much.

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

i like these i only have 2 tho, i prefer more of non shimmery gloss so the pink and orange ones were the only without shimmer

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

First of all let me say, I'm not a lip gloss fan at all. I don't like how it feels on my lips, and I certainly don't appreciate random strands of my hair being glued to my mouth whenever a light breeze decides to blow. I'm more of a matte/satin lip lover and that's usually what I always stick with.
Then I chanced upon this little gem whilst enjoying a swatch-athon at my local Boots with my friend. It seemed inconspicuous enough to warrant a try so I picked up the shade 'naked star' and decided to give it a go. It definitely exceeded my expectations.
This is a lip gloss without the sticky gloopiness that accompanies most lip glosses. It goes on smoothly, the consistency isn't too runny and the finish is nice and shimmery. The packaging is nice and slim, compact enough to carry around without any hassle.
This specific shade looks great on my skin-tone (Mac NC30) and can be worn over a nude lipstick, or even a pink one to neutralise it a touch. I really like how 'naked star' looks on my lips (I've tried some other shades but this one is definitely my favourite out of the lot) so I will definitely repurchase it when I run out. Let's just say, this lip gloss has convinced me into giving lip glosses another chance.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this lipgloss in the colour 460 "electric orange", a beautiful colour. Whilst it is a somewhat pigmented gloss, the staying power and moisture just wasn't up to parr for me.

I found that it didn't keep my lips moisturised for very long, accentuated dryness, and also feathered on my lips.

Another thing I didn't like was that it had a sweet taste. This is just a personal issue, and I am aware that some people like this aspect in a product, but I personally don't like that in lip products, because it makes me feel like the product builds up plaque on my teeth (again, just a personal issue).

The packaging is great, simple, and doesn't leek, but unfortunately the contents aren't too great. If I had to reccomend a drugstore lipgloss, it would have to be the Revlon Super Lustrous lipglosses.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I usually don't wear lip glosses but I really wanted to get a mlbb color and some youtube beauty gurus recommended the color Iced Chocolate. It is a nude pinky brown. It is so pretty. It is semi-sheer and has great color pay off. This would look good alone or over nude lipsticks. The lip gloss itself is really light and glossy but not gooey, tacky, and sticky! Highly recommend because it is not sticky at all :)

I love this stuff! I just got my first tube yesterday in the clearence section at walgreens for 97 cents! It was a steal! The color I got was 250 riveting rose its beautiful! Its very pigmented light moisturizing and smooth feeling! I will buy all the rest of the colors!

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This is one of the best gloss I have bought in all my makeup life. I got Salsa Sun love this coral color, doesnīt feel sticky at all. Definitely I īll buy it again.. Love my Salsa Sun...

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Bought this tonight as a replacement for my BE Buxom gloss (I couldn't afford to replace that right now). I have to say that I am very pleased. I bought #055- Rasberry Sorbet.

The color payoff is wonderful - it's just slightly less coverage than a full lipstick. I was sort of wary of the sparkle/shimmer/pearly specks in the tube, but I was pretty suprised that they aren't noticeable once it's applied.

The formula, in my opinion is awesome. It is incredibly smooth and creamy and it doesn't feel like a traditional lipgloss. I first put in my dark car as soon as I bought it. I couldn't see well but when I felt the texture I was almost positive that there was no shine because it just felt too velvety. I was expecting to go home and find a matte color. I was super stoked to see that it actually did shine like a gloss too. Score!

As for the smell - it's a very light orange-y taste. It certainly isn't the worst I have encountered, but not awesome either. It wouldn't prevent me from buying it again, however. Unless you are really sensitive to smells and tastes, this won't be a problem for you.

I hate the packaging...it looks way cheap (but, it was, so you get what you pay for I suppose). There is no label on the outside body and it just looks very retro to me. Maybe I'm vain, but I'd rather spend extra money for a prettier package (think Dior glosses) to carry around in public.

This gloss was worth the $5.68 I paid for it and I'd buy it again for sure, but it won't be one that I carry with me mainly because the packaging is ugly. I'll keep it in my makeup drawer for use before going out and touch up with something else during the day.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I bought Stellar Berry and Coffee Kiss.

Both products have silver shimmer which I was apprehensive about because usually silver shimmered lip gloss/highlighters are not recommend on dark skin (gold is). They both have a sweet orange (but not sickly) smell which I really love. The shimmer is very fine and not gritty. The colours are not overly glossy, both are pigmented and make the lips look absolutely gorgeous. Both these colours looks good on dark skin.

Stellar Berry has a medium plummy colour that is perfect for everyday wear or even a special occasion, very vibrant but not over powering.
Coffee Kiss is more a nude, it subtly enhances the lips making them look plumper.

The formulation is moisturising (not sticky at all) and lasts a long time. The price for these is usually a bit steep for me in the lip gloss department but I would purchase them again.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

This is probably some of the smoothest lip gloss Ive tried yet and I have tried many many different lip glosses because i really like lip glosses. I have about 6 or 7 of these and would get more i like them that much. They are so smooth good color pay off and last a while. I have nothing bad to say about this lip gloss all the ones i have tried have been so so great and they come in a great range of colors.. If you have not tried this lip gloss i say give it try and see what you think but i bet you will not be dissappointed!!

Popular Lip Glosses