MAC Cosmetics Mineralize Skinfinish Natural - Dark

MAC Cosmetics Mineralize Skinfinish Natural - Dark

3.7

on 10/30/2013 9:34:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Warm

What i love most about this compact is how well it matches my skin tone. I have such trouble finding make up that matches; it is always too red or too orange or too yellow. Mac always has the best spectrum of tints IMO. Although, the powder can be a bit messy and when used only as a light powder, you will have to reapply after a few hours. All in all it is a great product esp. when used with the Mac Prep + Prime BB Cream!...makes me look FLAWLESS :)

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I've been using this pressed powder in Dark for years after having such bad luck with drugstore powders. It matches my skin tone perfectly. When setting my foundation, it adds a nice glow to my skin, hence the 'natural' in the product name, I guess?? LOL. I agree with other reviewers that it is rather pricey, but I enjoy the quality of the product.

on 12/12/2011 2:12:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

I have a love hate relationship with this one. I like it because it does not leave a white ashy cast on my face. I like it because it is light and natural looking. I don't like it because it changes the color of my fondation. I don't like it because it oxidizers over a few hours. Looks like my face is turning a rust colored orange. If you are an nw in makeup you will be ok but for nc's the orange face may occurr.

on 12/26/2010 12:26:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

I love love love this powder and I will most definitely be repurchasing this, it never ceases to amaze me how a powder can look so natural yet look so perfect on the skin! It doesn't bring any flatness to the face but it gives dimension while keeping your face matte, Great product from MAC!

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure

On NC45 skin, this is way to orange/dark. I don't see how this could match anyone being that it has such an ORANGE undertone. I wore this yesterday over my liquid foundation (6AM-8AM) and my makeup was worn off, and basically GONE. I never had this problem using my previous powder! I'll try and get a better color match to see how it turns out. As of now, I'm not impressed.

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

If you'd asked me a week after buying this, I'd have said I loved it. I used it as a bronzer / contour, and even though it gives quite light coverages, it had a very pretty shimmer. HOWEVER after about three weeks I realised I had broken out horrendously, in the exact area where I put it (in perfectly symmetrical C-shapes from my temple to the apples of my cheeks).

Skinfinish obviously has a comedogenic ingredient - I'm guessing something similar to cornstarch that I reacted to very badly. I know other people use it without any problems, so I'm writing this as a warning, just in case anyone else has a similar skin type to mine.

My horrendous time with Skinfinish doesn't diminish my love for any other MAC products though, I'll just chalk this one up to experience. (Although I'm still bitter about the post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation that's still there months later). Ah well, c'est la vie. x

on 9/17/2009 12:09:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I found this at a CCO while on vacation this summer, and I've used it with a kabuki over tinted moisturizer and concealer. I don't think I could use this color as a powder foundation alone, as it would be too orange. As it is, now with my summer tan fading, I may have to retire it in a few more weeks. But I've had no trouble with it breaking me out, gives my skin a good finished look, and though I've had some luck with other mineral foundations, nothing beats the convenience of a powder compact over all those loose powders in jars. I just hope another color will match me well enough to carry me through the later fall and winter months.
UPDATE: If I use a lighter hand, this isn't too much over my winter color at all. I've used it nearly every day (only skipping on days when I haven't worn makeup at all) since last June, and I've just barely flattened out the dome shape of the powder. Will definitely repurchase when I ever run out.

on 6/16/2009 9:40:00 AM

i love this product sooo much. its a sheer coverage so if ur looking to hide every imperfection on ur face it wouldnt do the job. it also has a glowing effect with goldish undertones to give ur skin a subtle sunkissed look. its amazing worn over studio fix concealers for a natural looking complection. i have noticed however, that it has a slight reddish tint to it and i have yellow undertones but it seems to balance out somehow. i would reccommend this product to anyone with med-dark warmer skin tones.

on 3/20/2009 3:06:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

I can't make my mind about this one. Sometimes it works out fine, some other times it tends to orange a bit. When I use it every day I start having small red bumps. Even so I would buy it again if nothing better turns up! It doesn't have fragrance and parabens and it usually gives a decent colour. As it's very hard for me to find bronzers without parabens, perfume etc where I currently live it's a better option than most. I also use it as eyeshadow with a bit of mascara. It doesn't change colour throughout the day which is a definite plus. For reference I have light/medium olive skin tone.