MAC Cosmetics Mineralize Skinfinish Natural - Dark

MAC Cosmetics Mineralize Skinfinish Natural - Dark

3.9

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

i love this powder. i was searching all over for a hg powder and i believe i found it. i was using chanel powder but the price and color range wasn't good. i am not a big mac fan but this is a great powder Def a repurchase

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure

Love this, but it's definitely a splurge that I've found I can really do without. I usually use it as a powder after applying my own version of tinted moisturizer (Olay moisturizer and a pump of my foundation mixed together and applied). I do love the way it makes my face looks, but by midday I have a hint of orange to my face. If I apply more it can get worse. So for now I've switched to L'Oreal powder and revisit this again in the fall/winter.

ETA: I ended up returning this. The oxidization was too much for me. I liked the way it looked when first applied but not the way I looked mid day or at the end of the day. No bueno.

on 8/17/2012 9:26:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

Ok, I just bought this product yesterday after reviewing and reviewing and reviewing it. I did not want to spend the money and was on the fence about buying L'Oreal true match superblendable pressed powder in N8 or Maybelline veil pressed powder (which is now discontinued anyways) but splurged and spent my $30. I know i've only worn it for one day but I absolutely love it. The girl in Mac said deep dark was not for me and I initially didnt think dark was either but she applied it to my face with a flat top dual fiber brush and I instantly fell in love. I did not have any makeup on when I went in and yes it gave me a clean slate face so to speak. Today I am wearing it over my Maybelline BB cream in dark and I must say, I just found my two new bestfriends in Makeup.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

use this as a bronzer.
love the finish, not glittery, nor matte, just natural, just as skin looks. its hard to find products that actually looks like skin.

on 6/13/2011 9:39:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Hello! For my first make up review I had to start with my favourite product!
Now I love mac, its reasonably priced for quality products. I'm a make up artist and my professional and personal kit is mainly mac. I found this product while I was in a depression and I decided to drown myself if the comfort of make up, and boy I'm glad I did!

I have a medium dark skin tone, and while I was looking in the mirror I realised I had a brown - sugar colour to my skin and I decided I wanted to make more of a feature of it. So i dyed my jet black hair to a pink/purple tone which really warmed my skin up. Then I invested in Mineralize, I started with the foundation - the compact version as it is more moisturising. Then I thought why not follow it up with the skinfinish powder? I had used it in makeover studios and it gave clients and instant glow and even skin tone. So I went for dark - even though the shade above would have been my actual colour, but I wanted a tanned skin look.

Not only does it make my skin instantly glow, look even, tanned it gives good coverage and its buildable to your hearts content. I have to say the foundation is nothing without the powder. You can easily wear the powder alone as a base - like my sister does. Since using Skinfinish I get regular compliments, like you look glowing or have you come off holiday? It really gives you a sexy skin, and since using it - i've got 2 other people hooked on the stuff!

Now the price 23 in the UK (may be more now) but i wouldn't know because I haven't had to repurchase it yet! The price is a trade off for how long it lasts and the effect it gives you.

Its a HG for me, I'm in love with it, God bless mac cosmetics!!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Right now, I'm about nc30-35. I use this to bronze more than to contour. With a light hand, I apply this around the perimeters of my face, over my nose and a little on my cheek. Fave brush to use is the ecotools bronzes brush.

I find that when I use this product to contour, It comes out really orangey and doesn't look natural at all.

on 12/26/2010 12:26:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

I love love love this powder and I will most definitely be repurchasing this, it never ceases to amaze me how a powder can look so natural yet look so perfect on the skin! It doesn't bring any flatness to the face but it gives dimension while keeping your face matte, Great product from MAC!

on 8/30/2010 11:22:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

I bought this powder while on holiday in Paris. When I went into MAC, my face looked like an oil-slick, and I was just looking for a quick fix to tone the oiliness down a little. MAC was somewhat of a God-send. I decided to try MAC Mineralize and was surprised at how effective this powder. It not only toned down the oiliness, but it looked so natural (very unlike Studio Fix, which I still like but can make me look "made-up"). I applied 187 duo fibre brush and was able to build up the powder nicely (I bought the brush as well ;-) ). The result was an even and fresh look. I have to add that it doesn't do much for coverage (if you have dark spots, etc.), so I wouldn't use it in the stead of foundation, for example. However, it does make you look fresh, even and natural. I would definitely repurchase if I ever finish the powder in this life time (I have never finished make up - not even a lip gloss...).
5 lippies!!

Skin: Oily, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I LOVE this product! i use it as a finishing/touch up (on the rare occasion that i need to) powder. after i apply all my makeup i use either a buffer brush or a face powder brush and put it everywhere...its wonderful. It doesnt break me out, my nose gets a little oily during the day but i just use a napkin to dab...
PRICE: its the price of the average MAC powders, but i was able to find it on ebay 3 for $45 (and they are real, in the box, original packaging) so now i think they are SUPER cheap! i put them in a cool dark pantry and hopefully ill be able to use them all in a year or two!
APPLICATION: like i said before, amazing, smooth natural finish, ive never looked cakey, and even if i wear JUST this is give a little coverage (so i look like i have on NO makeup and perfect skin)
OVERALL: 5+....and if i ever run out ill def repurchase

on 4/14/2010 7:12:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I wear this daily since I'm not a fan of liquid or cream foundations and I love it. It really does look natural & people can't even tell I'm wearing make up. I'm MAC color NC50 and this shade matches me perfectly so I think the Dark color is geared towards those with warm (yellow) undertones in their skin. A MAC associate initially sold me this product in Deep Dark and I literally looked red so if you have cool undertones you might want to try that shade.