The Body Shop Seaweed Ionic Clay Mask

The Body Shop Seaweed Ionic Clay Mask

3.4

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I am quite surprised with the negative reviews of this product.

I have this super oily skin which becomes quite blackhead/whitehead prone in the summer. Not a welcome sight. The Body Shop products are either hit or miss (mostly miss and I can't help but think that I am paying too much for them) ime, but Seaweed Clay Mask is a must have.

My tips for making it work:
- Please make sure it is going to be used on OILY or COMBINATION skin. In case of the latter, it is not to be used on dry, flaky, irritated areas but oily, problematic zones instead;
- it can be used as an effective overnight treatment directly on cystic and nodular acne;
- Thin, even layer is a key to success.

I get great results from this product - skin feels refreshed and looks much cleaner and healthier as if detoxified, pores are tightened and while it does NOT moisturize, it does not aggravate any flakiness.

on 6/12/2016 4:39:00 PM

I'm combination with sensitive skin and at first I made the mistake of slapping this all over my face- dry patches and all. Big mistake, this product should ONLY go on oily areas and kept well away from dry areas as it will burn like heck. I was left feeling like i had a chemical burn on my face.
Then despite my previous disaster I tried this product again, however this time I only put it on my areas with spots and blackheads. This time there was no burning or itching at all and it left my skin feeling smooth.
This is at best a basic clay mask made for oily skin, sensitive and dry-combination skin people should stay well away because this is NOT made for them despite it being offered to me as a product for sensitive skin!

To Read all 96 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product of the body shop is not good enough cause after use it make my skin so damn red and the texture is too rough. I don't recommend you guys to buy this one cause it is too rough also this product make me broke out a little. So it isn't worth to buy this one.

Does anyone know what ingredients are in this product only I used it on Monday and have had an allergic reaction to it and 5 days later I still have it

on 11/8/2015 2:05:00 AM

I really love this mask (and the body shops little pot masks in general)!

This mask in particular is a very traditional clay based mask and it really clarifies my acne prone skin. I have been having a terrible skin week and this really helped clear up all the oiliness and congestion (it got rid off all the black heads on y nose aswell!!)

I cannot recommend this mask enough to people with oily acne prone skin and the pots really do last a long time (i use these masks a few times a week and they tend to last about a month)

on 8/23/2015 5:22:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I really like this clay mask. The cool part is when you actually see the oil being absorbed by the clay when it dries. Easy to apply and easily rinses off. I haven't used it in a while, but will repurchase when I get the chance to!

on 8/19/2015 4:34:00 PM

So firstly, I use this product because of the cleansing action it promises, I only struggle very lightly with oily skin, but I so suffer from bad spots. I applied a very light layer of this mask and it doesn't feel too tight. And I've barely ever used masks that make a difference immediately after taking the mask off. My skin looks so much brighter and rejuvenated and my spots have been calmed. My skin doesn't feel dry or tight after usage. Love!

on 8/15/2015 4:45:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Honestly i purchased this product as one of my friend had recommended it. The very first time when i applied this mask on my face it started stinging and i felt some irritation my my cheeks, chin and forehead area.I thought it may be because of the first time i was using it, but whenever i use this mask on my face i get a feeling as if my skin is burning. I usually dont use lot makeup as my skin is sensitive , i try to use products which are best recommended for my skin type. But this product turned out to be bad option and also it is so expensive.
I will not recommend this mask for the girls who have sensitive skin.

on 7/15/2015 1:54:00 AM

I went to the Body Shop, and was given a sample of this product. I was excited to try it, so I did after washing my face, toning, etc. I noticed it dried out really really fast, and that it was thick. It smelled nice, but as I kept applying, it started smelling a bit foul and not that pleasant. After a while, my eyes started watering although I didn't put the mask close to my eye area, and that my entire face burned. I couldn't wait the whole 10 minutes, and I washed it off. My face was red, and stayed red for the next hour. My skin was really uncomfortably tight, and I had to use other products to relieve it. I only gave 2 stars because of the great customer service and because I got a good amount of sample. Also, I do have combination skin, and it is generally NOT sensitive; it can take some of the more harsher products, yet it really burns my face. I wouldn't recommend this mask.

on 6/18/2015 10:54:00 PM

I really liked this!! I used it twice a week when I first bought it, then after about a month my skin was feeling and looking so clear so reduced to once a week to avoid drying out my skin.
As far as the bad reviews go on being too drying, the product is designed for combination/oily skin so I would only use it if this is you. My skin can get very oily and this definitely helped but if I used it too much I did notice my skin was slightly dry.
Just use this product sensibly and read the labels and instructions and you should get good results.
It helped reduce my pores and I noticed less breakouts around my T-Zone

Popular Masks