The Body Shop Seaweed Ionic Clay Mask

The Body Shop Seaweed Ionic Clay Mask

3.4

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 3/22/2017 11:45:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

i cannot stand this mask! it's incredibly gritty and uncomfortable to remove, it's so thick that it tugs on your skin during application (i've recently discovered that applying it with wet fingers helps to mitigate this significantly, but still! why so thick!), and i don't notice that it does anything exceptional for my skin. i don't know if my standards are too high or what, but i'm of the opinion that if a product doesn't make a significant, conspicuous difference on my skin after a few uses, it's not worth the money. if it have to work hard to see a difference, then other people are going to have to work even harder to notice a difference in the quality of my skin. not a fan for the price and will be using this as a spot treatment exclusively from now on. and i have gone through half my tub using it as a full face mask, i've used it several times in fact...it doesn't even do anything to control my oil production. really disappointed. at least it didn't break me out, and for that reason, i gave it two stars instead of just one.

tbh i don't find the body shop to be anything special in general....many moons ago their tea tree line piqued my interest and i picked up a set of products from it, but once i realized i could just add tea tree oil directly to my own kit i realized it was truly just a very gimmicky idea and it's put me off the brand altogether. their body soaps and butters smell divine and i'll still purchase those, but as far as skincare goes, i'm not in love with anything enough to want to try their other face products. won't be repurchasing and don't recommend.

on 8/18/2016 7:52:00 PM

Made me break out horribly, and my already existing spots much bigger and worse. Was a nightmare for my skin. Way too drying. Though it brightened up my complexion, but that was just about it. Won't recommend it to people with acne prone skin at all.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I am quite surprised with the negative reviews of this product.

I have this super oily skin which becomes quite blackhead/whitehead prone in the summer. Not a welcome sight. The Body Shop products are either hit or miss (mostly miss and I can't help but think that I am paying too much for them) ime, but Seaweed Clay Mask is a must have.

My tips for making it work:
- Please make sure it is going to be used on OILY or COMBINATION skin. In case of the latter, it is not to be used on dry, flaky, irritated areas but oily, problematic zones instead;
- it can be used as an effective overnight treatment directly on cystic and nodular acne;
- Thin, even layer is a key to success.

I get great results from this product - skin feels refreshed and looks much cleaner and healthier as if detoxified, pores are tightened and while it does NOT moisturize, it does not aggravate any flakiness.

on 6/12/2016 4:39:00 PM

I'm combination with sensitive skin and at first I made the mistake of slapping this all over my face- dry patches and all. Big mistake, this product should ONLY go on oily areas and kept well away from dry areas as it will burn like heck. I was left feeling like i had a chemical burn on my face.
Then despite my previous disaster I tried this product again, however this time I only put it on my areas with spots and blackheads. This time there was no burning or itching at all and it left my skin feeling smooth.
This is at best a basic clay mask made for oily skin, sensitive and dry-combination skin people should stay well away because this is NOT made for them despite it being offered to me as a product for sensitive skin!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product of the body shop is not good enough cause after use it make my skin so damn red and the texture is too rough. I don't recommend you guys to buy this one cause it is too rough also this product make me broke out a little. So it isn't worth to buy this one.

Does anyone know what ingredients are in this product only I used it on Monday and have had an allergic reaction to it and 5 days later I still have it

on 11/8/2015 2:05:00 AM

I really love this mask (and the body shops little pot masks in general)!

This mask in particular is a very traditional clay based mask and it really clarifies my acne prone skin. I have been having a terrible skin week and this really helped clear up all the oiliness and congestion (it got rid off all the black heads on y nose aswell!!)

I cannot recommend this mask enough to people with oily acne prone skin and the pots really do last a long time (i use these masks a few times a week and they tend to last about a month)

on 8/23/2015 5:22:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I really like this clay mask. The cool part is when you actually see the oil being absorbed by the clay when it dries. Easy to apply and easily rinses off. I haven't used it in a while, but will repurchase when I get the chance to!

on 8/19/2015 4:34:00 PM

So firstly, I use this product because of the cleansing action it promises, I only struggle very lightly with oily skin, but I so suffer from bad spots. I applied a very light layer of this mask and it doesn't feel too tight. And I've barely ever used masks that make a difference immediately after taking the mask off. My skin looks so much brighter and rejuvenated and my spots have been calmed. My skin doesn't feel dry or tight after usage. Love!

on 8/15/2015 4:45:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Honestly i purchased this product as one of my friend had recommended it. The very first time when i applied this mask on my face it started stinging and i felt some irritation my my cheeks, chin and forehead area.I thought it may be because of the first time i was using it, but whenever i use this mask on my face i get a feeling as if my skin is burning. I usually dont use lot makeup as my skin is sensitive , i try to use products which are best recommended for my skin type. But this product turned out to be bad option and also it is so expensive.
I will not recommend this mask for the girls who have sensitive skin.