MAC Cosmetics Eye Shadow - Swiss Chocolate (Matte)

Filtered by hair type : Straight
MAC Cosmetics Eye Shadow - Swiss Chocolate (Matte)
MAC palletteMAC swatchesEye Shadow - Swiss Chocolate (Matte)

4.8

on 1/16/2016 7:03:00 AM

Swiss chocolate is a nice matte medium brown with red undertones shade. It's a good staple color because it flatters most people. I am pale and I don't find this too dark on me. I like that I can build the color and it blends nicely with other colors.

on 6/20/2015 5:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

FYI, i'm a matchmaster 2-3, warm/medium skin tone. I bought this on recommendation of a work colleague who said i should try more bronze shades. Prior I have used quarry, shale & haux. This is a beautiful matte reddish brown. It comes out less red on my skin than the pan throws up. I use layin low pro longwear as a base applied with my middle finger. Then using a 217 pack swiss chocolate on my lid/crease, then use a 239 to line under my lower lash with swiss chocolate, then use a 224 to apply Always Sunny pro longwear shadow from crease to brow (outer corner 1/3 in) and blend, blend, blend. Swiss chocolate is easy to blend to pack it on for a sheer finish or for an intense, dense smokey look. I'd recommend it for any warm skin tone. I have blue eyes & blond hair & it really makes my eyes pop. Buy it.

on 2/20/2015 8:08:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

A dark, very warm(red undertones), matte, brown. This is one of my most used eyeshadows because it can be used for everyday or more dramatic looks. My favorite way to apply this is on the outer V or crease. I have black-brown eyes and this brings out the warmth in my eyes, enhances and makes my eyes look bigger. This is a must have brown eyeshadow! NC40-42 for reference.

on 5/10/2014 12:46:00 PM

I bought Swiss Chocolate along with a few other pans and I didn't find myself reaching for it as much as the others but recently I started playing around with it and I have to say it's a really pretty red-brown color. Today I'm using Brule all over, Soft Brown as my transition, Swiss Chocolate for my outter v (blended with Bamboo) and Ricepaper for my inner corner. I'm extrememly warm toned (no neutrailizing mac shades here...C3 is my shade) so I can't speak to it working for cooler shaded women but I wouldn't imagine it would. Also, this was bought during my "eyeshadows that make brown eyes pop" phase and it truly does bring out beautiful flecks in my brown eyes which is not an easy feat.

Update 4/2016: I've worn this the last couple of days and I'm back in love with it. I don't know what it is about Swiss Chocolate in the pot that doesn't have me reaching for it for months at a time but it is really pretty on. If you're warm toned and on the fence about this color because of the way it looks in the pot, give it a try...you won't be sorry.

on 3/20/2014 4:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

This is one of my staple shadows. I don't have too many MAC products since I'm a bit on a budget but this is something I always want to have one hand!

-beautiful reddish brown shade. Totally matte.
-Very smooth and soft. Not chalky, no fallout, very easy to blend and apply.
-I have very dark brown eyes. the reddish undertone in this shadow really brings out the honey in my eyes and makes them stand out and look lighter.
-the price is 15 dollars which is a bit much for an eyeshadow but the quality is totally worth it.
- my go-to look is woodwinked all over the lid, swiss chocolate in my crease and nyx highlight on the browbone!

Will continue to buy this shadow and would recommend it to everyone!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I tried more blendable shadows from MUFE and Illamasqua, but no one can get this color quite down (a reddish brown) like Mac. In this case, I am glad this is a bit less pigmented then the other two brands of matching, sort of, colors because I am working in the crease and am not adept enough to use hugely pigmented shadows there, especially as they are usually on the dark side. This is one of the better textures for Mac, which I find so inconsistent amoung colors when it comes to blendability, pigmentation, etc. - speaking of Mattes only.

on 2/11/2012 7:45:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I'm very fair skinned so this colour looks great in the crease. I like to wear it with Naked Lunch and Expensive Pink on the lid. It goes with so many of MAC's other shades. It's probably my favourite matte MAC shade.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

I have been on a mission for the last several months to try and find the perfect dark brown. I have this issue that a lot of brown eyeshadows turn gray or black on me. I've learned I have to be careful with cool undertones. I have a Carmindy one that looks lovely and bronzy but when I put it on, it turns this wierd gray color.
Anyway, I got embark, but I didn't like the texture-too hard to blend-and it was a little too dark for me. I tried Handwritten, but it ended up looking dusty and grayish on me. I tried Mulch, a cult favorite, and it turned muddy gray/black on me. I finally got Swiss Chocolate and it's perfect. It's less red than Corduroy (even though it looks more red in the pan). On me it's the perfect true chocolate brown, and the texture is perfect. It blends well and you can build it easily. I'm sure it's too red on a lot of people, but if you have the same weird "browns turning gray" issue that I have, try it!
I wore it today with Arena (another recent amazing discovery) on the lid, Swiss Chocolate in the crease, and Gesso on the lid (yes, I am so pale that Gesso looks natural on me).
Lately I've found the Swiss chocolate can have purplish cast to it depending on what you pair it with so it's a great brown for purple looks. I love it more every time I use it.

on 3/1/2011 4:36:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Can't believe it has taken me so long to buy this shade. I love red toned browns in a smoky eye so this is perfect. also looked great as a really subtle crease shade with stila kitten for a more natural but polished look

on 1/24/2011 8:49:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This is a really lovely warm chocolate mid-brown. Silky and blendable. Looks lovely with blue eyes, really makes them pop. My favorite crease shadow!