MAC Cosmetics Eye Shadow - Swiss Chocolate (Matte)

MAC Cosmetics Eye Shadow - Swiss Chocolate (Matte)
MAC palletteMAC swatchesEye Shadow - Swiss Chocolate (Matte)

4.7

on 4/16/2018 3:43:00 PM

Plenty of product and I’ve had mine nearly 3 years! ( probably out of date now) but I don’t use everyday. It’s a deep brown chocolate colour ( hence the name) but there’s plenty more cheaper eyeshadows that perform and look the same out there hence why I won’t buy again

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I either like this stuff or hate it on a random day. Tone is very dark so it depends in the mood that I'm in. Hard to blend as well. If your hair has red tones to it, this may suite you better than this does for me. Not going to repurchase.

on 2/19/2012 12:34:00 PM

I found this colour too warm for me (NW20 with green eyes) and couldn't work with the red tones. The pigmentation and wear were good though.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'm undecided about this shade -- color is gorgeous, so no argument there. My issue with it is it took me FOREVER to build the color!!!

I used a 217 and a 222 to apply, hoping the larger brushes would cover a lot of area at one time, but the color just wasn't laying down like I expected it to. I ordered this from Mac online and am actually considering returning it for that fact alone.

I don't see anything special about this color.. every line has a brown like this.. I don't like it for me

on 1/27/2008 4:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have gone back and forth about Swiss Chocolate for a long time. I typically would use it as a crease shade, and there are some problems I have with that. For one, it's very red in tone. For another, it's very hard to blend, and for a third, it's a bit too dark for a crease shade for me. So this turns out to be a "no" for me. I did like the way it would bring out my brown eyes, though. I think if you have darker skin than me (I am very fair), it may work better. Also if you have red tones in your hair you may like this. Just really couldn't get this to work very well for me.

Overall, this is a nice reddish-brown everyday shade that I use on my lid as a wash. It's nothing particularly outstanding or unique, but it's reliable and fairly complementary on my warm skin tone and brown eyes.

on 5/6/2017 12:20:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Use to use this colour a lot.. but not so much nowadays. Makes a great crease/transition colour. Deep orange brown colour, good colour payoff. I can see this being popular as a staple colour. Lot of copy cat colours out there...

on 3/13/2016 10:51:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

I love this shade, even though it can be a little difficult to work with. It's my go-to crease shade. On my NW45 skin tone, this makes such a lovely crease shade for me. The warmth in swiss chocolate adds great depth without being too dark and harsh or light and non-existant.

Swiss chocolate is somewhat dry and can go on a little patchy, but it's not extreme. This shadow just takes a little extra building and blending.

on 1/16/2016 7:03:00 AM

Swiss chocolate is a nice matte medium brown with red undertones shade. It's a good staple color because it flatters most people. I am pale and I don't find this too dark on me. I like that I can build the color and it blends nicely with other colors.