Chanel Cristalle Eau Verte

Chanel Cristalle Eau Verte

4.1

on 2/22/2013 10:44:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

i just lovvee! its so fresh , femme..and summery...i love the chanel chance..fra. green....but this is much better to me, i like the green chance but this is less musky i think and more brighter....i have 2 bottles!

on 10/21/2012 11:25:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I was in the mood for something to remind me of summer, now that winter feels right around the corner. I had Cristalle in mind, having been a long-time fan of the EDT and having had a brief fling with the EDP. I tested both, and neither were hitting the mark. This flanker turned out to be just right. It has the lightness and sharp citrus of the EDT and the sweeter floral of the EDP (but magnolia here vs jasmine). If you like either, it is worth testing. The SA told me it layers well with the original Cristalle lotion. I haven't tried it yet, but it smells plausible.

ETA: I have bumped up the lippies from four to five as I've been wearing this every day for over a week and completely love it!

on 9/15/2011 10:58:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Quite simply elegance in a bottle.

on 6/25/2010 12:42:00 PM

Lovely fresh scent, always get compliments when I wear this. I prefer clean, fresh yet subtle scents and this fits the bill in a sophisticated way. Perfect for summer, office or anytime really.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love crisp green chypres heavy on the lemons and this is
exactly what this is. It is absolute heaven for five minutes max,
and then it's gone.
Allure Magazine gave this an editor's choice award in the
green scent catagory but they must not have waited to see
if it lasts.

I want a perfume that smells just like this, but lasts and wafts
for hours. This is GONE in five minutes on me.
It is like Chanel Chance Eau Fraiche in this respect.
I love that too as it's also a green chypre but again,
in five minutes, POOF.

It only comes in one variety, a big bottle of "parfume concentre".
What a joke. I am taking this big expensive bottle back to
Nordstroms. My search for a perfect lemon chypre continues.

With the exception of Coco Mademoiselle, which I still wear with extreme care and under special circumstances, I've kept Chanel fragrances at a distance. None of them speak to me, and perhaps my nose is both inexperienced and still much too immature to appreciate the reported complexities of celebrated scents like 19, 5, 22, Allure et al.

But oh, Cristalle Eau Verte. I don't know what prompted me to reach for this, as I'd pretty much closed myself off to any fragrances by Chanel, but I had to pick up my jaw off the floor and adjust the tail that had somehow found itself between my legs. It was love at first sniff, as cheesy as that is, and I was like a dog worrying his bone with the sample card I brought home. I couldn't get it out of my mind; the creamy magnolia, the sweet jasmine (my favorite note on earth) the fresh burst of citrus and lemons, the soft skin-scent drydown. It is maddening in its beauty, and even more so in its lasting power, but I almost love having to reapply - it's that delightful to me.

I am no fan of the original Cristalle - it's much too much for me. It's lucky for me the original and this new flanker fragrance have really no similarities, except for the shared name. It's been a long time since I've fallen so hard for a scent, and I'm in heaven. The tall clear bottle with its pretty light green liquid and white cap (never mind that it's plastic) looks so pretty on my dresser, and I'm excited about a fragrance again. Not since Child have I loved something so hard. $90 CAD.

on 2/23/2010 11:58:00 PM

It's a bit difficult to explain, but I'll give it a shot. Normally, I like, love, dislike, or hate a perfume. This one...I can't pin it down.

Per the package insert: Magnolia notes are rendered transparent with fresh citrus and neroli accents.

I got an initial blast of lemonheads, and immediately started looking for it online! About 15 minutes in, an almost cilantro-ish herbal followed by a whisper of magnolia/soft lemon took over. Not powdery at all, just very clear and green. I don't dislike it, but--you ever have to stay the night at someone's house unexpectedly? It felt like I'd used someone else's shampoo, soap, conditioner, and lotion. Kind of like I've borowed someone else's skin, maybe? I think magnolia, though I love the scent of the flower, just isn't me when it comes to perfume. Lasting power was about 4 hours.

on 2/18/2010 1:10:00 PM

I adore this scent and I'm not typically a green-scent lover. That being said, it's not really a "green" scent in my opinion. it's a soft floral. I think it's soft enough for the most sensitive noses - which is shocking for Chanel. I have worn many Chanels but this is my one true love. I tried No19 EDT & original Cristalle - but both were just too powerful for me. this has enough soft flower to it to balance it out.

I am not crazy about the plastic parts in this $105 bottle. to be honest, my sprayer isn't working that well and I may exchange it and see how another one goes. I think the bottle looks lovely and I do love the white top...but it's plastic.

you do get a large amount for your money - and it's soft enough that I spray on 3-5 sprays.

for reference, I like the following perfumes:
SJP Lovely, Burberry Brit EDT, Ralph Lauren Romance, Chanel Allure EDT, Chanel Chance EDP. continued >>

on 8/13/2009 4:33:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I tried this about 5 times before deciding that I could live without buying it (for the moment). I was quite excited to try this when I heard that Chanel were doing another version of Cristalle, however apart from a citrus burst in the opening (which it couldn't even be called Cristalle anything if it didn't have!), it's just another citrus, fresh summertime scent, a bit disppointing really. Chanel just seemed to have churned this out and charged a lot for some 'concentree' form that lasts for no more than a few hours. It's a nice non-offensive fragrance but nothing special. I personally prefer the original EDT version. UPDATE:10/07/09 I spray this nearly evey week at the perfume shop and actually like it more (Upped my rating). I can't smell this at all after spraying but everytime I had it on my sister said she could smell something lemony and nice. Usually I would just go out and buy it but as I said I can live without it for the moment. I'm going to ask for it for my Birthday instead! UPDATE:18/11/09 Bought this today, Debenhams were doing 10% off everything in the cosmetics hall + I had a gift voucher.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Boy am I not having any luck with Chanel this year! I tried this fragrance twice - loved the bottle and the colour of the liquid, and I was hoping for a light fragrance for the summer and this looked like just the ticket. Mais non, this wasn't it. It smelt so citrusy along with something else that was underlying and really on me, not that pleasant. Almost a male fragrance, a tad lighter though. From Chanel, I think I still expect some old word complexities, yet I found this an almost linear fragrance. Nope, not for me.

Popular Fragrances