4.5

package quality

price range

Reviews

7 years ago

This color has STAYING POWER!!! When I used to do my nails every other day, I left this color on. It stayed for 5 days with no chipping and could've gone longer if I hadn't removed it. THIS IS MY NUMBER ONE FAVORITE NAIL POLISH ABSOLUTELY OF ALL TIME AND IM SURE OF THAT!!!!! I was mega pissed cuz either sally beauty stopped carrying it or they stopped making it so I got it on clearance. I used LA girls calcium builder base and top and got 5 days. The only reason I don't use this polish as often as I'd like is because sally stopped carrying it. If u can find it, buy it.

About reviewer (37 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinNormal, Medium Brown

HairBlack

7 years ago

For longevity, this is one of my favourites. I got three days out of it with NO CHIPS and am pussing a weak with just some very minor edge wear and chips. This is a big deal for me, as usually I am touching up after a day or two (I guess I am hard on my nails) - even with OPI and similar quality polishes. The colour is beautiful, too. Two coats is enough, and it's nice and sparkly. It is more blue than green as others have commented, but I do not pay much attention to polish names anyway.

About reviewer (55 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrown, Straight, Medium

7 years ago

As the other reviewers have indicated, "Watermelon Rind" is a misnomer for this shade, however I knew what it looked like when I bought it. I put it on in a hurry yesterday and applied two coats. It looks great today despite having worked in the garden. I wear my nails very short, so that means my nails are not subject to stress and bending. They look like beautiful aquamarine jewels. I am very happy with this purchase.

About reviewer (30 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinDry, Fair, Cool

HairRed, Straight, Coarse

EyesGreen

8 years ago

I love this color! My primary green is "Grenade" by BB Couture For Men - it's a more reserved olive with metallic yellow shimmer, but this color is a lot of fun! I don't see blue in it, it's a brilliant emerald, a bit lighter (but just as intense) as the green of a duck's head. It's not the most masculine color I've worn ;) but it definitely looks great! It's almost a shame that all it's doing right now is entertaining me at home, and protecting my toenails from the harsh environment inside my workboots.... when I get to wear sandals again in April, this is the color I'll be wearing! It is a little bit sheer - even with two coats, I can still make out the lunula and the end of the nail bed - next time I'll put it over black. I like this one enough that I'm going out to get a backup - the only other color I overstock is "Blue My Mind".

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinOily, Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Straight, Fine

EyesBrown

3.0

8 years ago

Watermelon Rind seems like a really inappropriate name for this polish. It's a dark teal, and while it has some green in it, the color reads much more blue. The shade and glass-fleck finish make for a very unique and pretty color that grabs attention. The formula is a bit on the thin side, and I need at least 3 coats for opaque coverage. It's pretty, but it's not a color that I reach for often.

About reviewer (123 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

3.0

8 years ago

This is an emraldy green with tons of sparkle. It's very christmasy I think - great for the holiday season. Application was smooth, but it needed atleast 3 coats to reach opacity. If you're into your dark greens you'll love this one, however it's not really my thing so I wouldn't re-purchase

About reviewer (32 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

8 years ago

This is probably my favourite green. Whenever I'm wearing it I find that I'm always staring at my nails. For me, it was totally opaque in 2 coats - something I want from a nail polish unless its meant to be sheer. The application was excellent like all my other China Glaze polishes - smooth. I am looking forward to wearing this and Ruby Pumps at Christmas time :)

About reviewer (88 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

9 years ago

The colour is beautiful and great, I am wearing it right now and so is my daughter, I love it! I got one for her for her birthday, and she uses it a lot. Although the colour chips sometimes even with a base on top, for me it does. I got mine from a salon across my home.

About reviewer (12 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Medium

HairRed

EyesBrown

9 years ago

Watermelon Rind is an amazing, metallic blue-green. In my opinion, it works for any season and would probably look great on any skin tone. There are a couple of issues with this particular color, however they are not major enough to not wear this polish. I definitely recommend putting a layer of white underneath so that you don't need to layer on 5 or 6 coats for full opacity. And even then, it can be streaky if you're not careful. Though the pay off is completely worth it. This color is gorgeous!!

About reviewer (16 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Wavy, Medium

9 years ago

in love with this mermaid teal-beautiful shimmers, stunning effect that makes me want to stare at my nails! So glad I swapped for this, it looks so much better on than in the store. I am already a big fan of China Glaze for its smooth application ans long wear. This is one of many great multidimensional colors they sell!

About reviewer (13 reviews)

Age30-35