Avon Nailwear Nail Enamel

4.2

Price: $

Price: $

on 2/4/2015 10:53:00 AM

I used to buy these with my mom when she was in cancer treatment. They aren't as glam a name as OPI or Essie but WOW the quality! The coats are even, rich, true, and last quite a long time! These nail polishes come in tons of colors, and only one or two have ever stained my nails. I'm a student and a waitress, so my nails go through a lot, but these last the better part of a week without topcoat, and up to ten days with! They are my little secret. However, they aren't as glossy or striking as my favorites from Marc Jacobs beauty or OPI. I'd say a good staple to have, but not standout.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Avon makes my most favorite nail varnishes. I love the color Cotton Candy from the Pro line. It's the perfect pink! I'm pretty hard on my nails and I have 2 small children, and this takes a lot punches before it starts to chip. I have several shades and always mix and match and change it up. They are great value to. Sometimes you can get 2 for 6 bucks. Amazing.

Pleasantly surprised
I have this in grace which is a taupe tan color like iced coffee and I mixed it with a bit of french tip white to get a lighter color and its a nice neutral nail polish that is new new favorite
however the tips of my nails did chip sooner than with other nail polishes and this polish is a bit runny and watery but after I mixed it with another nail polish it turned into a lovely colour

on 7/26/2009 4:52:00 PM

Absolutely gorgeous colours.
I found the brush abit small and rubbish, but once on this looks fantastic-I have it in 'Decadence', a beautiful dark purple. Very rich colours, cover well even with one coat. Looks smooth and flossy.
Doesn't chip that easily and lasts ages on my toes.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse

This review is for the 2009 re-formulation.

I think Im in love. Avon have reformulated their Nailwear range, so naturally I needed to check it out.

The formula is smooth to apply and is quick to dry. As the colour is highly pigmented you really only need one coat and it dries quickly (within three minutes). The new formula contains diamond dust and acrylic, to make the polish more hardwearing and to protect your nails.

The updated brush rod has channels along the whole length: so the brush wont be overloaded with polish = no messy glops or drips. The brush is now wider, so it takes only two strokes to evenly paint the nail.

Using my usual base & top coats this polish will last me around 2/3 days with only minimal wear; but Im tough on my nails (self powered wheelchair user), so it will probably last longer on other people.

Avons new-look Nailwear has exceeded my expectations; Im loving it. Ive always found Avon to be hit and miss quality wise, but this range is in the keeper category. The new formula is the same fantastic quality as is double-the-price contenders.

on 4/16/2007 5:15:00 AM

Funny how this product seems to be love-it or hate-it! Avon Nailwear polishes wear very well for me. I like the application, the consistency, and the pretty colours. I must note, however, that I have not tried the Avon Nailwear base and top coats; I use the ones I have found to work best for me (Orly Bonder base coat and Seche Vite top coat), which make almost all nail polishes wear excellently on me.

Once in a while, I will get an Avon with a wonky brush (usually it is bent), but due to the nice consistency of the polish itself, it doesn't really affect application for me. Granted, it's annoying, so I have only given a rating of 3 for packaging quality.

My favourite Avon colours include Rave, Ruby Slipper, Spring Fling, Dusky Cherry, Dynamo, Mauve Sparkle, Deluxe Chocolate, Rhinestone Rose, Sheer Solar Rose, and Spring Copper. I've got photos of these in my PhotoBucket album (link in my notepad). I admit that I buy a lot of Avon polishes because they're always "on sale" for CAD$2.99, which is pretty cheap! (Oh, one more thing... I do not work for and never have worked for Avon!)

I am not normally much of a fingernail-polish fan as I find it's too much work for a look that chips within days. I tend to only paint my toenails. But I couldn't resist buying several bottles of this at $2.99 Cdn each, and Wow, am I glad I did. I bought Lagoon, Bronze Patina and Rave. Lagoon is a funky metallic bright blue. I did my fingernails--two coats and it lasted seven days without chipping--without a topcoat! I have very pale skin and on me Lagoon looked dark enough to be dramatic, without the Goth look of black nail polish. Bronze Patina is very pretty too--a warm-toned shimmery bronze (it says Neutral but it's definitely warm --more copper than bronze). I'll probably give it away as it's a nice polish but too orange for me. By far my favorite color is Rave-- a sort of cool pink-toned bronze that's VERY shimmery with almost a molten gleam. Neutral, but gorgeous and glam. I expect that for the very first time I will finish the bottle and order more of the same color.

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I just swapped for a nailwear in Ocean (no longer available) and based on the quality alone I will buy as many as I can. I am an OPI fanatic and Nailwear offers the same quality as the higher end polishes. As for the color, it's gorgeous! A beautiful oceany blue with just a hint of teal. I've had so many compliments already. I use OPI's basecoat for natural nails and it's been on my toes for almost 2 weeks with no chips. I'm adding this to my wishlist immediately!

on 11/3/2005 1:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I tried this in Cherry Jubilee. I think this polish has a very nice consistency... very smooth and gives nice coverage. Fot this particular color, I had to apply three coats to get it dark enough, but when I was done it didn't look thick or bubbly like it sometimes happens with my staple, Revlon Always On. Unfortunately, it didn't last long enough for me to even get to a touchup. I don't think it's the polish itself; I have this problem with the most expensive of salon manicures. That said, I won't repurchase bc I have better results with Revlon Always On. For girls whose nails don't eat their nail polish, I do recommend this product. It's very good, has a great color range, and it's dirt cheap.

on 9/23/2005 11:55:00 AM

I got Soft Buff and Mocha Shimmer as a gift. I think Avon has recently changed the packaging of these to something more user-friendly, which is good. The ones I have now have, I think, older packaging. Soft Buff is a chubby square bottle, while Mocha Shimmer is a similar, but rectangular bottle. I hope the new packaging is better than these two because the brush in these is so short and the bottles so awkward that redipping the brush for more polish is an impossible task. I found myself almost screwing the cap back on and then off in order to get the proper amount of polish out of the bottle for good application. In addition to the packaging, I hope Avon also changed the formula of this nail polish. These applied quite streaky on me, leaving bald patches where there should've been color. It took three coats of this to 'unstreak' it, but it just ended up looking way too thick on the nail bed. Even with that many coats, I saw chips after a day. I'll give two lippies because the colors are nice, but I won't repurchase these.

Popular Polishes