Blinc Mascara

Blinc Mascara
MascaraMascaraMascara

3.5

NEW FORMULA: Water, Ammonium Acrylates Copolymer, Butylene Glycol, Tromethamine, Acrylates Copolymer, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylparaben, Pentasodium Triphosphate. [May Contain: Ultramarines (CI 77007), Iron Oxides (CI 77492, CI 77491, CI 77499), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288)]. OLD FORMULA (Black): Water (Aqua), Ammonium Acrylates Copolymer, Propylene Glycol, Acrylates Copolymer, Triethanolamine, Isopropyl Alcohol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben. [May Contain ( /-): Iron Oxides, Ultramarines, Mica, Titanium Dioxide]

on 6/3/2017 6:34:00 PM

This stuff is the worst... made it look like I had about 5 lashes on each eye lol The only benefit is it doesnt smudge! But then again, I also want more than 10 lashes...

Heard rave reviews so took the plunge. Not impressed. Smudges and difficult to remove.

on 4/26/2017 11:54:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

As a tube mascara, this doesn't smear under my oily, hooded eyes. However, this mascara DOES break off in little black specks and make my lashes feel both clumpy and crunchy. No thank you very much.

on 3/26/2017 12:04:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I always come back to dependable BLINC, on my third tube. It's a wonderful everyday mascara; I put it on my lashes lightly, then use a Real Techniques metal comb, or spoolie. It is waterproof and washes off easily with liquid facial soap.

on 3/25/2017 10:18:00 PM

Too liquid, require primer, otherwise the coverage is very thin and no volume at all.

on 3/10/2017 2:10:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I haven't used this in many years, but a FB friend's post reminded me of it. Said friend (fashionable, Jamberry-selling, youngique-loving, thirty-something mother of one of my son's classmate) asked, "What's your fav waterproof mascara? Think full day of swimming & sweating & doesn't budge. Go!"

For some reason this mascara popped into my head. Here's how the conversation went:

Me: "...I was always a fan of that brand that forms tubes around your lashes and never smudges, but instead slides off in one piece (Blinc is the brand, I think); regular waterproof is just so clingy, clumpy and drying."

Her: "I don't see a waterproof version"

Me: "There isn't one...admittedly, it's not *technically* considered to be a waterproof mascara; however, because it is somewhat gel-like and doesn't consist of the paint-like (often fiber-filled) substance of most mascaras, (instead forming tiny...waterproof...plastic tubes over one's lashes), it is completely impervious to smearing. Unfortunately...or fortunately...lol, the tiny tubes *will* slip off completely & mess-free when immersed for too long. It's handy that way...no tugging & rubbing necessary. It would be great during a work-out at the gym, but not so much for a long swim."

I may have to keep my eyes open for sales and coupons so that I can eventually get a new tube of this stuff when I run out of the cheap mascara I'm currently using. I had forgotten how much I love it! I have cool relatively light grey/blue/green eyes that change color depending upon the colors I wear and it's also handy that they offer so many options.

This is my ride or die MU. I've tried both this and their am liked. I LOVE both and am repurchased at least this one but would repurchase both. I just like the wond on this one more then the other bc it's thinner and I like the look of the mascara more for every day. Although for a wedding I'd get both! I'd use the amplified on my top lashes and the regular on my bottoms unless you want a sexy beautiful natural look go with the regular on top and bottom.

What I love about this mascara.

How it works.... it applis liquid that forms a tube shape around each lash that extends out to Def visibly lengthen. It lengthens more then any other mascara I've tried or seen especially in just 1 coat. I have thin sparse lashes and this makes them look great. The amplified makes them thicker. I think that the amplified liquid is thicker or mine was. I think the regular is easier to apply because it is thinner more fluid like but that's just my opinion. The amplified Def does give you thicker lashes though. I think the region does a better job on length due to the fluidity- but maybe I had a bad drier bottle to amplified.

12 of 10 stars on staying power. I can full on sleep sleep in this, rub my eyes, cry cry, and it will still be there. I have left it on on purpose over night just so I didn't have to do my lashes the next day and just be clean bare face with lip balm. I get a tiny tiny bit of fall out from hard sleeping on my face that is like one tiny strand of tube that fell off. It's not a gray or black haze under your eye.

Lengthening 15 out of 10. Maybe 20. Definately a fake false lash mascara if you have more lashes then me. I live mine and I have few lashes.

Colors- I'm fair cool or neutral with brown hair. I really liked both the black and the dark brown. I wear the dark brown in the regular for every day and the black in amplified.

Volume- see above in how it works amplified has more volume, regardless has more length but still adds volume literally you see it when you take it off.

Price- a bit expensive, or a lot. Others say they won't buy it for that price but I will bc it's such a fantastic product. I had such a problem with racoon eyes even with waterproof! This never happens and makes my lashes look better then they ever have much much so.

I learned about this product from YouTube for wedding makeup and I will definitely be wearing this on my wedding day. I have recommended it to other friends for there wedding!

Curl hold- very good I think it's better then the others I used to wear. I don't remember but I can really feel the curl and I don't ever remember feeling that. The tubes dry in place which I think lock the curl.

Removal- 15 out of 10. Fantastic! No need for gross chemicals or anything. Just shower and gently wipe at your eyes. Boom the tunes come off. Funny thing is they don't come off when you rub at your eyes during the day. Maybe if you cry cry cry cry and rub a lot it will simulate water and gentle wiping or rubbing which is what they recommend on the package. So just water and your hands are what you need. Don't freak out, you will see lots of things that look like wiggly eye lashes, those are the tubes that were on your lashes.

In no way am I associated with this product I just really freaking love it. I wish I could sell it bc I love it so much.

Note it comes in a extra red container. KEEP it tightly sealed in BOTH containersides to keep the liquid wet. Don't pump your wonderful ever I recommend. If you are pumping it's time for a new one. Pumping introduces air and bacteria etc which is bad for mascara.

Does this have a smell? I don't know I didn't notice one. Try looking at other posts. I don't have a good nose.

on 1/26/2017 5:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I bought this three times, three months' apart each time. The first time it was wonderful! The second time, the tube was too dry. The third time, it was way too wet! Since I can't know what to expect, I won't buy it again.

Pluses:
The tube technology works well. I didn't have raccoon eyes, it won't smear once it's dry. It will last overnight. It's easy to take off -- just water. When removing it, it will come off in clumps rather than turning my eyes black. (If you're afraid of losing lashes, it's a little disturbing to take it off and watch clumps come off, but I don't think that's lashes coming off.)

Minuses:
Too uneven. I don't know what to expect when I buy a tube: wet, dry or good. It's harder to put on multiple layers to get more volume. When it's too wet, it can take a very long time to get right, as it will smear. When I bought it, it came in a cylinder, which seems like a waste of packaging. It's enough to remember that it's a tube mascara, there's no need for the cylinder to make it more recognizable. I wish this company would work to reduce packaging that's just destined for landfills.

What a shame. I really liked this when it first came out. I just can't trust them to get the formula the same each time.

on 1/2/2017 5:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Pros:
1. Doesn't smudge
2. Clean finish, no clump
3. Does pretty good job lengthening

Cons:
1. Hard to take off... need to rub my eyes hard. I ended up not using it just because of the effort.

on 11/30/2016 6:36:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Not good at all. Only positive thing: does not smudge. But it also does nothing to enhance/improve the lashes.