Blinc Mascara

Blinc Mascara
MascaraMascaraMascara

3.5

NEW FORMULA: Water, Ammonium Acrylates Copolymer, Butylene Glycol, Tromethamine, Acrylates Copolymer, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylparaben, Pentasodium Triphosphate. [May Contain: Ultramarines (CI 77007), Iron Oxides (CI 77492, CI 77491, CI 77499), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288)]. OLD FORMULA (Black): Water (Aqua), Ammonium Acrylates Copolymer, Propylene Glycol, Acrylates Copolymer, Triethanolamine, Isopropyl Alcohol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben. [May Contain ( /-): Iron Oxides, Ultramarines, Mica, Titanium Dioxide]

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

I read through a few of the negative reviews but no one mentioned the issue I had with this mascara.
First off, the brush was your classic shape, it applied thinly but wet. It didn’t fan out my lashes, just slightly curled it. The results were decent but nothing impressive. My real problem with it came when I had to wash it off. I did exactly what it stated in the directions. I applied warm water and GENTLY massaged off. Then I saw a few of my lashes fall out within the small specks of mascara that came off. I lost a total of 6 eyelashes during one removal. I don’t know if I did anything wrong but all I know is that I won’t be using this again.

on 2/16/2018 11:52:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Meh. I do enjoy very natural-looking mascaras sometimes, but I need them to hold a curl in that case, and this one just doesn't. Too wet, I can literally see my just-curled lashes start to droop as soon as I put it on. Most mascaras do that on me to some extent, to be fair, but some I can work with. This one, no. Sometimes it flakes on me, too.

on 1/20/2018 3:59:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

If you have straight lashes that need to be curled and you want to try this mascara, make sure you can return it. Not only will it pull the curl out within seconds, it also does very little for the lashes. I'm better off to curl my lashes and not wear any mascara than to put this on.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I am slightly obsessed with tubing mascaras and finally decided to buy the one that claims to do it better than any other. I’m not sure I would agree with that though. The formula on this one is much smoother and glossier than the others I’ve tried which have tended to be drier and somewhat clumpier, maybe to help volumize the lashes? This one for sure coats and lengthens the lashes but does not add volume of any kind that I could tell. At least it doesn’t flake off like the Estée Lauder one I purchased (what a waste of money that was!). I have allergies and my eyes water a lot so a tubing mascara is pretty much the only fool-proof way for me to wear mascara and not look like a panda. If I want something with volume then I reach for L’Oréal Double Extend with the primer on one side and the tubing mascara on the other to get a fuller lash look. Blinc is a great every day mascara for just coating and lengthening lashes so eyes look awake. Probably deserves a 3.5 out of 5 lippies.

on 6/3/2017 6:34:00 PM

This stuff is the worst... made it look like I had about 5 lashes on each eye lol The only benefit is it doesnt smudge! But then again, I also want more than 10 lashes...

Heard rave reviews so took the plunge. Not impressed. Smudges and difficult to remove.

on 4/26/2017 11:54:00 PM

As a tube mascara, this doesn't smear under my oily, hooded eyes. However, this mascara DOES break off in little black specks and make my lashes feel both clumpy and crunchy. No thank you very much.

on 3/26/2017 12:04:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I always come back to dependable BLINC, on my third tube. It's a wonderful everyday mascara; I put it on my lashes lightly, then use a Real Techniques metal comb, or spoolie. It is waterproof and washes off easily with liquid facial soap.

on 3/25/2017 10:18:00 PM

Too liquid, require primer, otherwise the coverage is very thin and no volume at all.

on 3/10/2017 2:10:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I haven't used this in many years, but a FB friend's post reminded me of it. Said friend (fashionable, Jamberry-selling, youngique-loving, thirty-something mother of one of my son's classmate) asked, "What's your fav waterproof mascara? Think full day of swimming & sweating & doesn't budge. Go!"

For some reason this mascara popped into my head. Here's how the conversation went:

Me: "...I was always a fan of that brand that forms tubes around your lashes and never smudges, but instead slides off in one piece (Blinc is the brand, I think); regular waterproof is just so clingy, clumpy and drying."

Her: "I don't see a waterproof version"

Me: "There isn't one...admittedly, it's not *technically* considered to be a waterproof mascara; however, because it is somewhat gel-like and doesn't consist of the paint-like (often fiber-filled) substance of most mascaras, (instead forming tiny...waterproof...plastic tubes over one's lashes), it is completely impervious to smearing. Unfortunately...or fortunately...lol, the tiny tubes *will* slip off completely & mess-free when immersed for too long. It's handy that way...no tugging & rubbing necessary. It would be great during a work-out at the gym, but not so much for a long swim."

I may have to keep my eyes open for sales and coupons so that I can eventually get a new tube of this stuff when I run out of the cheap mascara I'm currently using. I had forgotten how much I love it! I have cool relatively light grey/blue/green eyes that change color depending upon the colors I wear and it's also handy that they offer so many options.